Author Topic: Backlash on Imus' comments  (Read 25636 times)

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Backlash on Imus' comments
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2007, 09:43:48 PM »
Chaim was right about his comments about the Imus firing.

Imerica

« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2007, 03:34:39 AM »
There are only 2 "Amazons" on the team.  Most of the players were black.  The white players weren't making a stink about what Imus said.
Actually, they did. Did you see the press comference?

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2007, 06:22:35 PM »
Imus is planning to file a lawsuit against CBS radio for is firing.

Imerica

« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2007, 12:53:06 AM »
And he should. I didn't know until I watched CNN this morning that in his contract, his profane remarks were covered. He SHOULD sue for breech of contract. I didn't think he should have been fired anyway. But I'm glad he met with the basketball team. I'm also glad they didn't sue him and just wanted to talk.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2007, 12:58:59 AM »
And he should. I didn't know until I watched CNN this morning that in his contract, his profane remarks were covered. He SHOULD sue for breech of contract. I didn't think he should have been fired anyway. But I'm glad he met with the basketball team. I'm also glad they didn't sue him and just wanted to talk.

Why are you glad that he met with the basketball team? It was a freakin' joke.

Imerica

« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2007, 09:13:55 AM »

They didn't want to sue the man for what he said, and they never called for his resignation either. Al Sharpton did. They only wanted to meet with him to talk/ explain to him (and have feedback) on the reason why what he said hurt him so much and why the words he said doesn't describe the way they really are at all. It was a private meeting. If it were a meeting done in public, I'd agree that it was a joke.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2007, 10:47:17 AM »

They didn't want to sue the man for what he said, and they never called for his resignation either. Al Sharpton did. They only wanted to meet with him to talk/ explain to him (and have feedback) on the reason why what he said hurt him so much and why the words he said doesn't describe the way they really are at all. It was a private meeting. If it were a meeting done in public, I'd agree that it was a joke.

Do you think he would have had to apologize if Jackson and co. hadn't made a big deal about it?

Imerica

« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2007, 06:23:17 PM »
I think he would have had to apologize to the young ladies anyway because he called them something they're not. IMO, you shouldn't call someone a 'ho' if you don't know them to be that way...or 'nappy-headed' if you've never felt the texture of their hair.

Actually Jesse and co. weren't the first to hear about it, they DID expound on it but they didn't come out of the perverbial woodwork until the next day...guns a-blazin. I think that in matters of what they think is civil rights, they need to step down and let others speak for themselves. Sharpton and co. are useless.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2007, 07:09:20 PM »
The basketball team were insulted by Imus's comments.  He should have met with them and apoligize to them.  Which he did.  He should not have been fired for it.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2007, 08:42:28 PM »
I think he would have had to apologize to the young ladies anyway because he called them something they're not. IMO, you shouldn't call someone a 'ho' if you don't know them to be that way...or 'nappy-headed' if you've never felt the texture of their hair.

Actually Jesse and co. weren't the first to hear about it, they DID expound on it but they didn't come out of the proverbial woodwork until the next day...guns a-blazin. I think that in matters of what they think is civil rights, they need to step down and let others speak for themselves. Sharpton and co. are useless.
Imus is really a piece of garbage that should have retired long ago before he ever went into the radio talk show format. As outspoken as I am about racial issues I found what Imus said to be in poor taste. The reasons why I say this are many but my main ones are Imus flip flops on race issues from day to day depending on what the flavor of the day is. It depends  who he has on the shows with him that sets the tone of the comments for that day. At times he is all for Black folks and at other times he will come out with some dumb comment like the one that got him into trouble. Its all for the ratings and nothing more.  This is really the trademark of an ignorant animal. If Imus had a reason to call the girls something like that I would be behind him 100% however I don't think that was the case. Black folks need to make it on their own merits and need to tell Jessie and Co. to go and get themselves a real job. The day is past where Black folks need extortionist like Jackson and Sharpton to pave the way for them. They leave a bad taste in White folks mouths that colors the perception that White folks have about the Black race. The very Black leaders that Imus cavorted with were the ones that took him down when they thought they could gain by his removal. I for one never listened to Imus and to be honest except for his work with the kids at his ranch I think he really served no purpose being on the air. Good riddance to bad garbage.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2007, 08:48:40 PM »
The basketball team were insulted by Imus's comments.  He should have met with them and apoligize to them.  Which he did.  He should not have been fired for it.
Imus lost me when he went on Al Sharpton's radio show to beg and grovel.
He should have kept what little dignity he had left.
Apologize to the basketball team fine - kiss sharpton's butt - he deserved to be fired!
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2007, 08:51:06 PM »
I agree with you that kissing shvartza tuchis is unacceptable and showed what a wimpy piece of garbage he is. I still don't think he should of been fired though as he wasnt fired for the anti semitic stuff so why should making fun of shvartzas warrant a firing. I
t sets a bad precedent.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2007, 08:56:14 PM »
Last night on the Fox News Network, Imus' producer(who was also fired) talked about the fact that CBS and MSNBC, succubmed to the "pressure" from sharpton and jackson and fired him and Imus for bashing the Rutgers basketball team.  The both of them have made fun of everybody, but since they made fun of the mostly black team, they got fired for it.  It's a joke.  Did anyone see this?

It's actually part of Imus' contract.  So he's going to sue them because he was only fulfilling his contract.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2007, 08:57:36 PM »
I hope he wins even though I dislike him. We need to shut up those two colored anti semite bastards.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2007, 09:45:43 PM »
Re:  "...The basketball team were insulted by Imus's comments.  He should have met with them and apoligize to them..."

Imus could have handled the whole matter much more professionally.

For instance:

He should have immediately called a personal meeting between himself and the basketball girls.

At the meeting, he should have said...

"...Aw'right now, giiiirls!....now, tell ole' Imus how much ya'll usually charge per hour....come on, now...don' be shy....How much?....ten bucks?....twenty?....twenty-five dollars?...."

"Tell ya'll what 'ole Imus is gonna' do!.....(reaching into the back pocket of his jeans)...Here's twenty-five Yankee dollars apiece!....that's twenty-five dollars fo' each of yew gals...a little somethin' to help ya'll forgit this whole matter!"

"....Yessuh!....twenty-five bucks probably 'bout what ya'll git for an hour on the streets!..."

"Ya'll nothin' but a bunch o' HO'S!.....Yaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2007, 09:52:12 PM »
As much as I dislike Imus he may stand to gain behind this whole issue. I was told by a coworker today that he saw a story  that Imus had a provision in his contract with the radio station that stipulated that he had to have a warning about anything he said over the air that they deemed unacceptable before firing him. This may give him the upper hand in suing the network for dismissing him. This may get him some cash however I don't think he will be reinstated.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2007, 10:39:02 PM »
WELL LETS HOPE THE SHVARTZA ANTI SEMITES LOOSE WHATEVER THE OUTCOME MAY BE.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2007, 11:28:10 PM »

They weren't listening to the radio. They were only offended because the networks turned it into a 'civil rights' issue by inviting the Negro Nazis on.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2007, 12:41:49 AM »
Shvartzas only understand ebonics so there is a language barrier there anyways. There is no way they could of listened to the Imus show and understood what the hell was going on. I bet a self hating jew was the first to report it.

Imerica

« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2007, 05:21:47 AM »
Agreed.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2007, 05:27:31 PM »
I do hope that Imus wins his lawsuit.  I want him back on the air.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2007, 12:48:49 PM »
Imus is the best shock jock on the air.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2007, 12:55:42 PM »
Imus is the best shock jock on the air.
Who have you been listening to in his absence?
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2007, 06:01:55 PM »
I have been listening to the people who have been filling in his show.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2007, 12:51:26 PM »
After Sharpton's recent comments about mormons, is why I want Imus back on the air.