Author Topic: What does it take to own a gun in New York City?  (Read 4185 times)

Offline FreedomFighter08

• Senior JTFer
What does it take to own a gun in New York City?
« on: August 05, 2009, 05:12:44 PM »
Is it even possible? I would like to own a rifle and a handgun in the future. I checked the website for gun laws in NYC and it says you have to pay for an application, to get a fingerprint, and all that stuff. I heard it's almost impossible to own a gun in NYC.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: What does it take to own a gun in New York City?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 06:04:07 PM »
Is it even possible? I would like to own a rifle and a handgun in the future. I checked the website for gun laws in NYC and it says you have to pay for an application, to get a fingerprint, and all that stuff. I heard it's almost impossible to own a gun in NYC.

Nothing is impossible in the USA!  ;D

What do you think how many people own "illegal" a gun? Thousands!

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 06:17:02 PM »
You should be able to get a permit to keep a a rifle or shot gun but it will have to be registered with the city. A hand gun permit might cost you several thousands of dollars in permit processing fees and the run a round they would give you would eventually cause you to give up the process.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline MountainMan

• Full JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 11:14:13 PM »
A Miracle..

LOL

ever considered moving to a suburb?  I hope you read my above post. 

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 11:23:58 PM »

What about a rocket launcher? :nuke:

Offline ProJewGreekChristian

• Full JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 11:04:18 AM »
The bureaucratic red tape you New Yorkers are forced to cope with is  ridiculous! In Florida, an 18 year old can own a handgun and keep it loaded and "securely encased" (in glove compartment) as he or she drives without a concealed weapons permit. You must be 21 to buy a handgun though. The New York politicians have constituents demanding the disarmament of their targets to ensure their loot. I say move to Florida. I'm 21, and within a few week will have a CCW permit and would NEVER visit a state I could not carry in. I feel so bare and disarmed without being able to carry right now. You could buy a few guns in Florida and then drive up to NYC... Not sure if that is illegal.. But since you have no chance of being able to carry in NYC you might as well get a rifle and carry it over your shoulder with a sling wherever you are on your property.

Good luck
G-δ βlεss τhε Hεrοic Sεrβs---------G-δ βlεss the Diχiε Soυτh

ALL of Israel belongs to the Jews, G-d's chosen people!

Offline SAMSON

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 04:24:33 PM »

Not impossible, but can take forever! Lots of BS though.