Author Topic: AMAZING IDEA!!! ~ Chaim can respond to Presidential Candidates on Youtube!  (Read 4265 times)

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
http://www.youtube.com/press_room_entry?entry=IwsLV5nfFTc

Press Releases
YOUTUBE LAUNCHES YOU CHOOSE '08 SPOTLIGHT

Expansion of Voter Education Program Deepens Communication Between Presidential Candidates and People

SAN BRUNO, Calif. - (April 12, 2007) - YouTube, the leader in online video, today announced the creation of the YouTube You Choose ‘08 Spotlight, a new way to support and highlight video conversations between presidential candidates and voters. Building upon the initial popularity of YouTube’s non-partisan You Choose ‘08 voter education initiative, Spotlight will feature one candidate per week on the News & Politics Category page.

“YouTube revolutionizes politics by providing voters and candidates a level platform for political discussion,” said Steve Grove, Head of News and Politics for YouTube. “It also lets candidates peel back the political veneer to develop their ideas and identities with voters in a personal, interactive way. Spotlight will draw attention to the dialogue happening on YouTube and empower voters to make informed political decisions.”

During each candidate’s week in Spotlight, he or she will create a video for their YouTube You Choose ’08 Channel to inspire video responses from the YouTube community. The YouTube community will have a week to submit responses to the candidate’s video and, based on those responses, candidates will engage with the YouTube community through video responses that reflect what they have seen. Spotlight, like all You Choose initiatives, will allow presidential candidates to mobilize voters through the power of online video, while giving voters highly visible access to candidates.

The first Spotlight candidate participant will be former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, who asks the YouTube community, “What do you believe is America’s single greatest challenge and what would you do to address it?”

In addition to Romney, 11 presidential candidates have agreed to participate in Spotlight including: Senator Joseph Biden, Senator Hillary Clinton, Senator Chris Dodd, Senator John Edwards, Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Congressman Duncan Hunter, Congressman Dennis Kucinich, Senator John McCain, Senator Barack Obama, Congressman Ron Paul and Governor Bill Richardson.

"Rarely do presidential candidates have the chance to communicate with such a large number of voters and directly solicit their ideas and their input," said Governor Mitt Romney. "I'm looking forward to interacting with this engaged community of people about the new generation of challenges confronting our nation."

Between now and the presidential election, YouTube will continue to serve as an engine for democracy by encouraging direct interaction between presidential candidates and voters.

This is an amazing way for JTF to become a national movement.  If Chaim were to do video responses to the Republican Presidential Candidates, we can possibly influence Republican presidential candidates on the issues.  This is not likely, but it is still worth it to try.  Not only that, we could get their attention and the politically active Youtube population's attention to the JTF movement.

So what do you all think of this idea?

ftf

Great, talk to Chaim, this is a brilliant idea.

Israel

Just my two cents:

These politicians will be dressed up in suits, ties, with nice backgrounds. Maybe Chaim should dress that way too, with only an American and Israeli flag in the background during his response. It might also be time for him to buy a little mic that he can clip onto the suit. He would look a lot more like someone who knows the solution that way.

JMHO

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
I think Chaim should shell out some money and buy a DVCAM he's get really good quality for not that much money, and a some nice lavaleer mics to pin on his and David's clothes.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Israel

Here is an example of a simple background. His only cost is a flag, and white wall. Take a look:

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
I think that Chaim looks fine when he does his videos on youtube, such as the videos on Hillary Sodom Clinton and Barack Hussein Obama. His holding the microphone and the background does not look bad at all, in my opinion. And he certainly doesn't need a suit and tie for the overwhelmingly young and rebellious audience that youtube attracts!

However, the TBA programs that Chaim and David do on QPTV is another matter. I don't think that looks good. I will suggest to Chaim that changes be made. But remember, the TBA programs have a different audience: they are mostly our hard-core supporters who love the message. Still, I think there's room for improvement there. I can't make any promises, Chaim has a mind of his own and he doesn't always agree with my advice. But sometimes he listens to me.

Allen-T

With the maelstrom of truth bombs that Chaim unleashes every time he opens his mouth who even notices his garb? I do think he and David should ace the sunglasses though.   

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
With the maelstrom of truth bombs that Chaim unleashes every time he opens his mouth who even notices his garb? I do think he and David should ace the sunglasses though.   
Since I don't live in Queens friends I know would describe how Chaim and David were dressed with the hats and glasses. It was hard to imagine. The first time I actually saw a show (thanks to Allan-T and Samantha The Cat) I must admit it took a show or two to get to use seeing two guys sitting there in dark glasses. Now however the hats and glasses are trade mark to the shows and should not be dispensed with. In my opinion when a channel surffer sees the show for the first time the hats and glasses actually cause people to stop and see what the show is about. If they stick around for a minute or two  in many cases they are hooked and will be back to hear more of what Chaim and David have to say.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Allen-T

Something just occurred to me. I have often thought Chaim looks like he's going on a safari with those glasses and especially the hat. But since he does talk about primitive cultures alot maybe it's intentional to enhance the mood? :P

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Maybe he should wear a casual shirt with a twead jacket he would look like a proffesor.He should also get a smaller pair of sunglasses
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Something just occurred to me. I have often thought Chaim looks like he's going on a safari with those glasses and especially the hat. But since he does talk about primitive cultures alot maybe it's intentional to enhance the mood? :P

Now you had to get me started, Many years ago their was a show on TV called Mutual of Omahas Wild Kingdom and the host would sometimes sit there with another fellow much like the JTF set and talk about his safari adventures. He would be dressed in Safari gear when he was on the show also. I guess in a way Chaim does talk about quite a few wild beasts that he comes across so you might have a point.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years