Author Topic: Larry David  (Read 2970 times)

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
Larry David
« on: August 17, 2009, 07:26:01 PM »
I think he is one of the greatest comedic geniuses of all-time. He is an incredible writer and an amazing actor. I know he's Jewish. Does anybody know if he is a self-hating Jew or just normal?

Offline Yochai

• Senior JTFer
Re: Larry David
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 08:40:20 PM »
This should clarify for you how sickening Larry David is.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 08:42:38 PM »
I can't take that seriously. It could have been said just to get laughs, you know?

Offline Serbian Canadian

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 08:47:05 PM »
I can't take that seriously. It could have been said just to get laughs, you know?

The truth is hard sometimes hard to take. But comedians in general aren't religious anyways, so it's not surprising. It's not like we can stop watching television completely just because the producers have different religious and political views from ours.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 08:47:55 PM »
Some people here want me to stop watching my beloved sports because some of the players are evil.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 08:48:32 PM »

The truth is hard sometimes hard to take. But comedians in general aren't religious anyways, so it's not surprising. It's not like we can stop watching television completely just because the producers have different religious and political views from ours.

Why not? I haven't watched TV for almost 3 years now... I can live just fine without subjecting myself to the vile thing called 'entertainment'.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 08:49:08 PM »
I think he is one of the greatest comedic geniuses of all-time. He is an incredible writer and an amazing actor. I know he's Jewish. Does anybody know if he is a self-hating Jew or just normal?

G-d I dislike this fellow.  Another Jew of little Jewishness...
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline Serbian Canadian

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 08:50:01 PM »
We don't live in a perfect world. I find it upsetting but there's hardly anything we can do to change individuals.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 08:51:36 PM »
Some people here want me to stop watching my beloved sports because some of the players are evil.
I get the feeling I am looking into the gorilla cage at the Bronx Zoo when I see some of the sports shown on TV.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 08:52:25 PM »
We don't live in a perfect world. I find it upsetting but there's hardly anything we can do to change individuals.

This is why I volunteer at the SPCA. Dogs have more to offer these days than the majority of Human beings.... ;-)
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline Minuteman

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 09:01:28 PM »
He supported Obama

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 09:02:27 PM »
Of course he did.  He's another leftist dumb dumb...

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2009, 09:05:45 PM »
I like Larry David's shtick - his whole thing is ridiculing American Jewry which, lets agree, 78% are schmucks and pathetic losers.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2009, 10:16:09 PM »
extremely self hating..
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2009, 10:17:29 PM »
He supported Obama

Who DIDN'T support Obama?

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 12:24:19 AM »
I like Larry David's shtick - his whole thing is ridiculing American Jewry which, lets agree, 78% are schmucks and pathetic losers. << From Manch

What is that supposed to mean?  That we deserve the Jew hating humor?  He is not a nationalist Jew putting down self hating Jews.  He is a self hating Jew putting down Jews in general.  At least Seinfeld years ago was doing a benefit for Israel that got mysteriously cancelled at the last minute.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2009, 01:05:23 AM »

This is why I volunteer at the SPCA. Dogs have more to offer these days than the majority of Human beings.... ;-)

Dogs are special creatures.

They long to serve man faithfully, and all they want in return is love, food, water and a place to sleep by their masters.

Shalom - Dox   

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 06:29:02 AM »
I loove Larry David. He humor is so hysterically funny!!  :::D :::D :::D If somebody is evil, I usually don't find their humor funny. I get easily disgusted. But he is extremelly funny. He is laughing at Jewish stereotypes, including the stereotypes Jews have about themselves.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 07:13:31 AM »
I loove Larry David. He humor is so hysterically funny!!  :::D :::D :::D If somebody is evil, I usually don't find their humor funny. I get easily disgusted. But he is extremelly funny. He is laughing at Jewish stereotypes, including the stereotypes Jews have about themselves.

Sadly, it's Jews like him that further these "Jewish" stereo types.  Another Woody Allen of our time...  imo

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 09:31:45 AM »

Sadly, it's Jews like him that further these "Jewish" stereo types.  Another Woody Allen of our time...  imo

Healthy people (with a healthy national psyche) can laugh at themselves. It's muslims who are so touchy that they have to wreck havoc whenever they perceive that someone is laughing at them. There is a right and a wrong way to laugh at yourself. Imo, Larry David does it in the right way. I am usually very sensitive to antisemitism and anti-Jewish slurs, but I don't get these vibes at all. The last episode of the 5th season, when he thinks that he is gentile by birth and parades a bunch of Jewish and American Gentile stereotypes is so funny, that my stomach hurt because I laughed so hard. I watched it in mixed company - Jews and Gentiles - none of us liberal. Nobody was offended. Everyone thought is was extremely funny.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 11:15:50 AM »
I liked allot "Seinfeld" and "Curb you enthusiasm". These shows were hilarious and yet especially the second one is extremely self hating. Mockery of Judaism (mainly but to be fair of Christianity too) is a repeated theme in his show. He portrays the ultimate self hater, for example there was an episode when he discovered he is adopted and he jumped in the air with joy "I'm a gentile !", started going to church, and decided he is going to have children. But when he soon discovered he isn't adopted, he reverted back to being he self loathing Jew in second. This was sick but also funny.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2009, 11:28:30 AM »
I do not watch media composed by self-hating Jews... Recently my friend had an interest in Woody Allen movies... I said that I would not watch them because Allen is notorious for portraying the Jewish stereotype of the Nebbuch {loser}. At least this spawned a discussion of the various names we have in Yiddish for the loser {Schlemiel, Schlemazel, Schmuck, Schmendrick, Noodnik, Nebuch, etc.}...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2009, 12:20:30 PM »
I liked allot "Seinfeld" and "Curb you enthusiasm". These shows were hilarious and yet especially the second one is extremely self hating. Mockery of Judaism (mainly but to be fair of Christianity too) is a repeated theme in his show. He portrays the ultimate self hater, for example there was an episode when he discovered he is adopted and he jumped in the air with joy "I'm a gentile !", started going to church, and decided he is going to have children. But when he soon discovered he isn't adopted, he reverted back to being he self loathing Jew in second. This was sick but also funny.
It was very funny! I didn't find it very self-hating. It was a good fun poking at American Jews
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2009, 12:51:22 PM »
I do not watch media composed by self-hating Jews... Recently my friend had an interest in Woody Allen movies... I said that I would not watch them because Allen is notorious for portraying the Jewish stereotype of the Nebbuch {loser}. At least this spawned a discussion of the various names we have in Yiddish for the loser {Schlemiel, Schlemazel, Schmuck, Schmendrick, Noodnik, Nebuch, etc.}...
Agreed! 1000%  Imagine how this would be if these famous "Jews" would actually be Jewish and openly advocate for a Jewish Israel or an America that actually values its constitution? 

I think the lecture "Red Stars Over Hollywood" is of worth to understand how it got to be such a toilet today...

Yishar koach!

MZ