Author Topic: What's your opinion on Garry Kasparov?  (Read 3108 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
What's your opinion on Garry Kasparov?
« on: April 14, 2007, 04:51:23 PM »
Do any of you know much about, or have a well-formed opinion of, Russian Jewish chess legend and political activist Garry Kasparov? He's a world-renowned leader of anti-Putin dissent and democracy advocacy in Russia, and has provoked the ire of Putin and his Stalinist cronies (who, of course, want to bring back the USSR) on countless an occasion. As far as I know he has always supported his people and he is staunchly pro-Western; he even defended America during the Abu Ghraib "crisis". (He pointed out how hypocritical it was to attack the United States while ignoring Russia's grotesque human rights abuses.)

Here he is, doing his thing...

Garry Kasparov Arrested In Anti-Government Protest In Moscow
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070414/ap_on_re_eu/russia_protests

So... is Kasparov a leader we should all support and look up to? I must confess I have never heard his views on Israel; perhaps one of you has?

Chaimfan

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
Re: What's your opinion on Garry Kasparov?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 05:02:02 PM »
He is not Jewish; only his father his. I don't know why he wanted to represent the Soviet Union during his world championship chess tournaments. But his opposition to Putin is commendable.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 05:05:07 PM »
Yes he's been is Israel many times he supports Israel.But as much as Putin is a dictator a more liberal Russian leader might be too easy on the savage chechens
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 07:08:55 PM »
I halfways think the war in Chechnya is an ongoing scam and facade with the purpose of fooling the West into thinking Russia is an ally against Islam. (Remember, Russia is Iran and Hezbollah's #1 international ally.)

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 09:41:23 PM »
I halfways think the war in Chechnya is an ongoing scam and facade with the purpose of fooling the West into thinking Russia is an ally against Islam. (Remember, Russia is Iran and Hezbollah's #1 international ally.)

Putin refusing to annihilate that [censored] is further proof of his indifference to jihadism.