Author Topic: What about Sandra Bernhart?  (Read 1730 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
What about Sandra Bernhart?
« on: September 03, 2009, 11:44:34 PM »
I am sitting on some news which I really don't want to discuss here... For the sake of Lashon Hara I would perfer not to discuss it...

Does anyone know if Sandra Bernhart has made any anti-Israel or Jewish self-hating comments?

If so I would like to discuss this topic, otherwise I should remain silent...

Thank you
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
Re: What about Sandra Bernhart?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 12:15:19 AM »
Isn't she the one who said Sara Palin would be raped by Black men if she went into Harlem?
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 10:21:00 AM »
Isn't she the one who said Sara Palin would be raped by Black men if she went into Harlem?

She sure did.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 10:26:34 AM »
Who is she?

Offline patches

• Senior JTFer
  • To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 02:14:15 PM »
She's a comedian and actress. I always found her kind of annoying, personally, but this is what is says on wiki:

On September 19, 2008, in an "epithet-laden" performance at Theater J of the Washington DC Jewish Community Center, Bernhard warned Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin that she would be gang-raped by Bernhard's "big black brothers" if she visited Manhattan. Palin had a campaign stop planned in New York City at the time. Bernhard later stated "I certainly wish Gov. Palin no harm. I'd just like her to explain to me how she can hold such outrageous views... and then go back to Alaska." Bernhard also warned Palin to stay away from the Tanach and referred to Palin's Christianity as "new goyish crappy shiksa funky [censored]!" Bernhard's comments resulted in a decision by Rosie's Place, a Boston women's shelter, to cut her act from its annual fundraiser. Bernhard claimed on her web page that her comments were taken out of context. Later she began to deny that she had made the comment at all.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 02:24:25 PM »
EWWWWW she is freaking ugly :yuck:

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 02:27:18 PM »
This is a JINO, Sorry, this type should not get a pass, and it is not gossip, IMO, everything this had does is right out in the open, so she opens herself up to criticism.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 02:37:55 PM »
EWWWWW she is freaking ugly :yuck:

I once saw her in person.  I've seen uglier, but yes, she is not that pretty.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 03:43:37 PM »
This is a JINO, Sorry, this type should not get a pass, and it is not gossip, IMO, everything this had does is right out in the open, so she opens herself up to criticism.

I have heard otherwise from other people...

I am concerned if she has made anti-semitic or anti-Israel statements...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 04:23:25 PM »
Sandra Bernhart is a filthy pig.  She strikes me as the Jew bashing type.

Offline Yochai

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 04:30:07 PM »
http://israelmatzav.blogspot.com/2009/09/chabad-centers-response-on-sarah.html

Check out this odd disturbing piece of news that came up today.

Chabad on the Upper East Side has invited her to speak and claimed she is in the process of "Teshuva".  I do not want to laugh or mock this, because I hope it is true for her own sake.

IMHO though, I do not believe it and I will ask any Chabadniks tonight if they had heard about this.  Very odd though.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 04:49:05 PM »

Chabad on the Upper East Side has invited her to speak and claimed she is in the process of "Teshuva".  I do not want to laugh or mock this, because I hope it is true for her own sake.

IMHO though, I do not believe it and I will ask any Chabadniks tonight if they had heard about this.  Very odd though.

Yes, you nailed the problem right on the head.. I read Israelmatzav daily and love Carl from Jerusalem... When I read this news I called my Chabad Rabbi right away... When I said that she had said anti-Israel things the woman I spoke to said she knew Sandra when she was growing up... That although she is a hardcore liberal she has not made any antiIsrael statements or antisemitic rants...

If I can find that she did then I would be more justified in my complaint...

Offline Yochai

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 05:15:11 PM »

Yes, you nailed the problem right on the head.. I read Israelmatzav daily and love Carl from Jerusalem... When I read this news I called my Chabad Rabbi right away... When I said that she had said anti-Israel things the woman I spoke to said she knew Sandra when she was growing up... That although she is a hardcore liberal she has not made any antiIsrael statements or antisemitic rants...

I respectfully do not agree with the Rabbi, and I have a feeling I will be told the same thing tonight.

The reson being, that her behaviour is incredibly anti-Jewish in that she just uses her religion as as source of comedy as well as acting as some sort of representation of Jews (you notice it's the Jon Stewarts, Sandra Bernhards and JErry Seinfeld's who always say the ridiculous jokes running along the lines of: "WE Jews, this is how we do it", or "All Jews do (fill in with any typical Woody Allen  New York Jew sterotype").

Another example of this was on her Palin rant: "Don’t you f'in reference the Tanach, B---! You stay with your New Goyish, crappy, shiksa, funky bull----! Don’t you touch my Tanach, you b----!".  To make such crude jokes using the Torah as an instrument of that joke is disgusting.  As well, to think of the kind of reputation this gives Jews.  Some people may think that all Jews think this way about Christians and their book, which does not help relation.  She fulfills the stereotype of the secular racist Jew who thinks Jews are mentally and biologically superior because they are funny and make good doctor.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 05:34:44 PM »
Consiering that Berhart used to be Madonna's lesbian girlfriend, she has no business whatsoever telling a nice right wing Christian woman like Sarah Palin to say away from the Tanach. 

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 05:43:28 PM »
What about Sandra Bernhart?  :yuck:
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2009, 08:59:34 PM »
This site talks a bit about her......loved reading some of the comments!
http://theaterjblogs.wordpress.com/2008/09/19/welcome-to-our-jewish-theater/
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2009, 09:39:32 PM »
Yimach schma to this filthy he-she.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2009, 09:42:05 PM »

Muman, why does she need to make anti-Israel statements to be evil? Lots of evil people claim to support Israel, and yet their actions show that they don't mean a bit of it.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2009, 12:07:10 PM »

IMHO though, I do not believe it and I will ask any Chabadniks tonight if they had heard about this.  Very odd though. <<

If she truly wants to go through Teshuva that is excellent news.  I think we need to get away from the comfort of hating someone outweighing the prospect of welcoming back someone who has strayed.  When people who were hideous see the light, so to speak, that means we are winning.

We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2009, 01:39:36 PM »
She is a sicko pos to begin with.  Ugly and for sure not funny at all.. She is a lesbo abnormal freak.  She is not even equal to a finger nail on Sarah Palin's hand.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 01:46:19 PM »
She looks like an Arab male.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2009, 01:50:23 PM »