Author Topic: Investing in Israel  (Read 1033 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Investing in Israel
« on: October 12, 2009, 12:11:46 PM »
I am very happy this morning to learn that the company which I work for is in negotiations to buy an Israeli high-tech company. The reason I am happy is that my company has been very kind to me, as a Jew, and also hires many Israelis {I think there are four working at my site now}.... In a time when much of the world is trying to boycott Israel my company is instead investing in it... This is great news to me... {Also I dream of a possibility of working for my company in Israel someday}...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
Re: Investing in Israel
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 02:33:30 PM »
I am very happy this morning to learn that the company which I work for is in negotiations to buy an Israeli high-tech company. The reason I am happy is that my company has been very kind to me, as a Jew, and also hires many Israelis {I think there are four working at my site now}.... In a time when much of the world is trying to boycott Israel my company is instead investing in it... This is great news to me... {Also I dream of a possibility of working for my company in Israel someday}...
Muman,
with all due respect, how is that hiring Israelis to work in US (4 at your site) is considered an investment in Israel? You work for a good company, but companies rarely have any morals - your company buys an Israeli company simply and only because it makes business sense to both companies. No other consideration is taken into calculations.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 02:35:59 PM »
Muman,
with all due respect, how is that hiring Israelis to work in US (4 at your site) is considered an investment in Israel? You work for a good company, but companies rarely have any morals - your company buys an Israeli company simply and only because it makes business sense to both companies. No other consideration is taken into calculations.

Yes Manch, but lots of companies are afraid of the bolschewiks and Muslims and so they don't follow their own interest.  :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 03:07:39 PM »
It is very good that we are investing in an Israeli company because it will show that Israel is a very valuable asset in high technology. In my field of digital A/V there are at least three companies working on solutions. I know some Israelis who work for these companies.

In my opinion it just shows that the company I work at is openminded and doesn't buy the BS which is spewed by the International community to boycott Israel and Israeli products. I am looking forward to a time when Israel will be recognized, like Silicon Valley is, as a technology hub... Then I will have no problem finding work in the Jewish homeland.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 03:16:45 PM »
It is very good that we are investing in an Israeli company because it will show that Israel is a very valuable asset in high technology. In my field of digital A/V there are at least three companies working on solutions. I know some Israelis who work for these companies.

In my opinion it just shows that the company I work at is openminded and doesn't buy the BS which is spewed by the International community to boycott Israel and Israeli products. I am looking forward to a time when Israel will be recognized, like Silicon Valley is, as a technology hub... Then I will have no problem finding work in the Jewish homeland.
I agree with your message. I don't know about your field, but Israel is already recognized as a "Coastal Valley" - 2nd place in the World, after Silicon Valley in terms of number and valuations of startups. SW engineers have absolutely no problems finding very comfortable lifestyle in Israel. I am now in Herzliya - it is a high tech hub. You should see how many companies are here and how vibrant local hitech community is. There is a very significant hitech community that I am aware in Jerusalem too.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot