Author Topic: Positive Hip Hop  (Read 7949 times)

Imerica

Re: Positive Hip Hop
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2007, 04:34:02 AM »
Chaim says people shouldn't sing rap even if the message is positive. He says that people should come up with creative music and not copy off of black rap noise.

Look, I'm not here to put a stop to anyone's creativity where music is concerned so why should Chaim, someone who abhors rap music, and the black culture.
Hip hop and rap are one in the same because without one, there wouldn't be the other. "Rap" as it were, is the lyric.. "Hip Hop" is the music accompaniment that gives movement to the lyrics. Hip hop has always been a part of African American culture. Before there was NWA ([censored] with Attitude) *that group ended in the early 90's. * there was the Sugar Hill Gang. Before them, there was James Brown. Before him there was the Blues. Before Blues there was slave song. All of this music was done to a specific rhythm. It awakened people positively at first, then negative, and then slowly back to positive again.

Chaim and some of you here, have only heard the bad parts of rap/ hip hop. You don't like gangsta rap, purchase a Will Smith cd. No curse words, no woman bashing and no "[censored]" calling.

I was a teenager when gangsta rap came into view and messed up the minds of many people who listened to it and copied every action the lyrics mentioned. That's why I'm so addicted to the way rap/hip hop use to be, and the way its ever changing back to its old self.