Author Topic: Police arrest woman for wearing prayer shawl at Western Wall  (Read 452 times)

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Police arrest woman for wearing prayer shawl at Western Wall
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 06:57:34 PM »
It's such a joke. Seriously. The Kotel has been defiled just like the rest of the country. Nobody cares about the Torah there, only a small % of the population is religious, and the (self-hating,leftist, bolshevik, nazi) government runs the country like it's a U.S. colony always subservient to Muslims, especially Obama yemach shemo vzichro, Arafat ... Read moreyemach shemo vzichro, and Ahmadinejad yemach shemo vzichro. Israel can't even build Jewish settlements without permission, they can't defend themselves, or attack without permission. If they spent as much time trying to teach people respect at the Kotel as they would in other areas of religion, Israel wouldn't be full of all the shmutz it has today. Everywhere you go in Israel Jews are actually sinning. A woman wearing tallis at Kotel is not nearly as bad as somebody eating bacon, listening to music, with a half naked non-virgin prostitute on a beach in tel-aviv on shabbos. Regardless of how the holy the Kotel is, it's much, much worse to see the shtus that goes on in the rest of the country. It's not okay to morally and spiritually rape the rest of the country. There are other things they should be doing instead of arresting tallis wearing women at the kotel.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 06:58:36 PM »
I'm not sure if I get this right but it sounds like to me she was trying to make a mockery of traditional Judaism.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 07:04:15 PM »
I'm not sure if I get this right but it sounds like to me she was trying to make a mockery of traditional Judaism.

Not purposely.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 07:04:22 PM »
The issue to me is that the Tallit Gadol is a male garment. Torah explicitly says that women should not wear mens garments. I read the A7 article and I agree with the decision. It is possible to attach tzit-tzits to a four corner womens garment then maybe she would have a case... But I dont condone women wearing mens clothing, especially in public, especially at the Kotel...

I agree that the morality should extend for every inch of Jewish land, the land of Israel. It is sad the Jews feel the need to go out and perform chillul Hashem so brazenly. I hope that they should feel the call to Teshuva soon, before their sin outways any merit they can gain through living.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14