Author Topic: Ask JTF for Sunday December 6, 2009  (Read 10687 times)

Offline VladTheImpaler

• Full JTFer
Re: Ask JTF for Sunday December 6, 2009
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2009, 10:58:09 AM »
Dear Chaim,
Thanks to you and the JTF team for enlightening us thus far, could you give me your opinion on Global warming,off topic but as there seems to be frenzied and hysterical politicians ramming it down our ears all the time what is your take on it.
Thank you
http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/24568/israeli-scientist-denies-global-warming
A leading Israeli scientist has renounced the concept of man-made global warming at a lecture given to the British Technion Society, just days before world leaders meet to discuss ways to halt it.

Professor Giora Shaviv, professor of physics at the Technion, claimed that the accepted level of carbon dioxide in the air is wildly exaggerated.

Last week he gave the eighth Ron Arad lecture at the Royal College of Physicians, for the British Technion Society, which raises funds for Israel’s science university.

The lecture was given in the same week that leaked emails appeared to show leading scientists at University of East Anglia’s Climate Research Unit had manipulated data to exaggerate the impact of climate change.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2009, 05:48:49 PM »
Dear Chaim,

Met some interesting people.  One is a dati guy in the army currently.  He said about 50% of combat soldiers are dati, which I have also read this fact being cited in different places.   On the other hand, his older sister (also young, not very old), who also had served in the past (maybe in "national service" I didn't ask) but who has knowledge of the army, said that this was not true.   She said it's mostly chilonim.  And that if they disallow the datim into the combat units because they fear they cannot force them to carry out evil decrees (that is, if the religious zionist soldiers show a willingness to refuse illegal anti-Torah orders and refuse to expel Jews), that there are many thousands of chilonim waiting to sign up for these combat roles and positions of higher authority in the army.    She suggests that people are afraid that the IDF will no longer let religious Jews into positions as they have been gaining in lately, if they refuse orders in a massive wave against the expulsion of Jews, and that they will lose their "influence" currently enjoyed where they interact with non religious soldiers and show chilonim that religious Jews are humans, good people, pious, zionist, and also show them many good aspects of Judaism they are otherwise ignorant about until they meet some religious Jews in army service.  On tv, all people see in Israel is that religious Jews are portrayed as crazy and inhuman.   And many chilonim know literally nothing about Judaism.
I personally think that this kind of "kiruv" is not an excuse and not worth it to disobey the Torah and carry out evil orders.    Even if they literally banned all religious Jews from the army, it would be worth it to do mass refusal of such orders.
But there are also secular Israelis who are against expulsion of Jews, and I was under the impression that the army needs these religious Jews in combat units and needs the devotion to the army that is built in the culture of religious zionists.  That they cannot afford to block this sector from the army.   Am I wrong?

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2009, 07:56:57 PM »
I'm not offended.... but just to clarify Golani Zionist's post:

1) The people who did the inquisition/pogroms were not REAL christians...Just like you can say the Kappos of WW2 were not real Jews.

2) And as for not aligning yourself with whom you believe are blasphemers......that's acting like a muslim Golani Zionist. ( ie  you don't want to bother with people with different beliefs). Unlike Islam, the New Testment does NOT tell people to kill Jews.  The so call "christians" and popes who killed Jews, did not follow Jesus or his teachings.

But I'm glad you brought this into the open. It's a good point of discussion.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 06:10:04 PM by ItalianZionist »

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2009, 08:45:59 PM »
Shalom Chaim,

Recently,   former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney has been in the news with his heavy criticism of Barack Hussein Obama.   

What is your opinion of Dick Cheney for his job performance as Vice President during his 8 years in office?      Do you believe Cheney's criticism of Obama will prove to be beneficial in the efforts to weaken Obama?      And despite past heart problems and age working against him  ( he will be 69 in January, 2010  ),   do you believe Dick Cheney can realistically emerge as the Presidential or V.P nominee for the Republican Party in 2012?

Thanks as always,

eb22
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2009, 11:16:55 PM »
Shalom Chaim,

I have another question for you on the subject of faith.  It involves cases of good people who just don't believe in the Torah or other aspects of the Bible.  One thing that has always bothered me about some Christian churches is the belief that anyone who accepts Jesus will go to heaven and anyone who does not will go to hell.  I have always had trouble with that concept.  Would G-d punish a good person because the concept of a virgin birth and a resurrection from the dead does not ring true to him?  Especially a loving G-d.

Similarly, while I do believe in G-d and the unique role of the Jewish People in the world,  I don't believe that Sara gave birth at the age of 90.  I don't believe that the Earth is only a few thousand years old when all science indicates that it is really billions of years old.  I don't feel this way because I am arrogant or being difficult but because it just runs contrary to everything I understand about life.  If I told you that I believed these things I would be lying to you, which seems much worse and more evil than not believing them.

One philosopher who died in the last ten years was a life long agnostic and was asked what he would do if
G-d confronted him about his lack of faith.  He said he would simply explain that it just did not make sense to him.  What is your view on this whole subject?  How do you believe G-d views good people who honestly do not have full faith?  What advice do you have for such people?
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline WestCoastJTF

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2009, 12:15:37 AM »
Dear Brother Chaim,

We are approaching the end of 2009. 

(1) what would you say were JTF's biggest accomplishments in 2009?

(2) what are your goals for JTF in 2010?

God bless!

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2009, 03:11:21 AM »
Dear Chaim

Since the 00's are coming to an end, I have heard people call it the decade from Hell.  Do you consider it a decade from hell and do you think it was even worse than the 90's since we had 9-11, elected two of the worst presidents and it seems as though Israel is being threatened more than ever?

Thanks
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2009, 08:38:14 AM »
What are your thoughts on the Tiger Woods affair? Do you think that his Asian side is what enabled him to become so successful in golf and that it's his black side that caused his infidelity? Or do you believe that, aside from his fame and success, that he is still a fallible human vulnerable to the same flaws and shortcomings as the rest of us? I hope it's the latter one since I was being more facetious on the first theory. But I'm sure that won't stop you from expressing what you really think :)

Daniel

Offline imaknick

• Full JTFer
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2009, 04:07:34 PM »
How do you feel about all the concern over Al qaeda getting the bomb from Pakistan as opposed the real threat Iran getting the bomb?  Do you think Obama is purposely trying to redirect attention from Iran to Al qaeda?

Offline Gam Bashan veGam Gilad

• Senior JTFer
  • Avi Farhan – One Day, Brothers, We Shall Be Back!
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2009, 05:05:36 PM »
Hello Dear Chaim, :)

Would you recommend on going to the demonstration organized by the Pesh"a Council next Wednesday? What is your opinion about their current tactics? What would you suggest we Kahanists do? Should we participate in all the activities they are about to carry out in relation to the Freezing Orders in Judea and Samaria?

Thank you as always and Shavu'a Tov,

Gam Bashan veGam Gil'ad.

Offline ape

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2009, 05:34:28 PM »
Just wondering if you can comment on the "Rev." Manning video where he praises  Rabbi Kahane. There has been some debate on the forum about it.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/atlah/videos/172/450.85/

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2009, 06:41:07 PM »
Hello Chaim I was wondering are female Rabbis are expected? Thanks and GD bless