General Category > Ask Posters Show Threads

Ask Lisa

<< < (28/69) > >>

JTFenthusiast2:
I love sushi too.  I am from NYC as well, though I'm not living there now.  There used to be some really good places in the East village that were reasonable with respect to price.  Is sushi kosher?  Seriously, I don't know.  Where I live now, there is one sushi place and it is sooo expensive and the cost is near prohibitive. I will be back in NYC in July and that's just one thing that I miss out of so many

Lisa:
Hi JTF Enthusiast.

If you're strictly kosher, you can't eat in any restaurant that's not glatt.  The Cho-Sen Garden in Forest Hills serves good sushi, as I'm sure the Cho-Sen Village in Great Neck does.  There was also a glatt kosher Japanese place on East 53rd Street in Manhattan, but I don't remember the name or if they're still around.  I ate there once.  It was OK. 

If not, you can have the tuna, salmon, salmon roe, yellowtail, fluke, mackerel and fake crab (made from cod, egg whites and various spices). 

There used to be this really good restaurant in the East Village called Iso, which was a bit on the pricey side.  I don't know if it's still around though. 

Also, once you know which dates you'll be in New York City this July, please send me a private message.  I'll organize a get together so you can meet you fellow JTF'ers. 

Christian Zionist:
Shalom Lisa!

How many people have visited your blog http://www.theurbangrind.net/ so far?   On an average, how many visitors do you get per month?

How would you describe the impact that your blog has had so far on readers?

Thanks!

Christian Zionist!

Lisa:
Hi Christian Zionist!

My Sitemeter shows that I've gotten 565,390 visitors since I've had my own domain.  This doesn't include the traffic from when I was on Blogger.  I get between 100 and 200 visitors a day lately.  And I haven't really been posting stuff consistently.  I'm just burned out on blogging. 

I don't know about the impact the blog has had on readers.  After all, there are so many blogs.  It's not like I get that much traffic or that I'm the first to break some kind of news.  I do have some regular commenters who are interested in what I write, which is flattering.  Also, I managed to make friends with people with whom I would normally never meet face to face. 

JTFenthusiast2:
Lisa,

I went to your website!  That is a terrific website, really interesting and engaging.  I was flipping through it for almost an hour.  Wow, you are one talented person. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version