General Category > Ask Posters Show Threads

Ask Lisa

<< < (36/69) > >>

Cato:

--- Quote from: Zelhar on February 08, 2010, 04:39:28 AM ---The reason why Malesia is semi-developed is 40% of its citizens are Chinese and Hindu non-muslims. They carry the economy on their shoulders even though the spiteful lazy malay muslims severely discriminate against them.

BTW, the ethnic Chinese in Indonesia are a major if not dominant force in that country economy as well, and naturally they are also facing persecution and discrimination by the lazy muslims.

--- End quote ---

Here is a Malaysian Muslim woman sentenced to six lashes for drinking beer. Being a UN employee, she could have walked free, but didn't. She could have appealled, but didn't. She wants her lashing to be performed in public, but that has been denied.
The punishment is still under suspension, at first for Ramadan but now probably in response to international outrage.

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2009/08/24/coren.malaysia.model.caning.cnn

TruthSpreader:
Dear Lisa, a Gentile friend once told me that Jews don't believe and that you have to be a Christian to believe in God. What is your take on this?

Lisa:
Hi Edward,

I currently live on Long Island.  However, I lived in Manhattan for most of my adult life.

My first impression of the place was just as you described it.  On the other hand, when it came time for me to choose a college, I wanted to be in Manhattan.  I did not want a repetition of high school in the suburbs.  I liked the idea of having the whole city as your campus. 

The thing about Manhattan is that it's where people come to reinvent themselves (or at least try).  What I like about it is that everything is right there at almost any time, and you don't need a car.  You can just take a subway, cab or bus to wherever you want to go. 

On the other hand, stuffing yourself into a subway every day gets a little old after a while.  And if there are problems with the subways, and you can't find a cab, getting around is a big pain. 

Lisa:
Hi YemachShemotoIslam,

Your friend is right.  An example of this are the Noahides.  They believe in G-d.  And they're not Christians or Jews. 

TruthSpreader:
Lisa, I would like to hear your opinion on Mormons. Are they Christian or not? Considering the fact that they do not follow the Bible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version