General Category > Ask Posters Show Threads

Ask Lisa

<< < (5/69) > >>

HiWarp:

--- Quote from: Lisa on December 15, 2009, 10:35:11 AM ---
--- Quote from: Dan ben Noah on December 15, 2009, 10:27:26 AM ---Shalom Lisa,

You said you went to college at NYU.  What is your degree in?

--- End quote ---

Hello Dan Ben Noah,

My degree was in Romance Languages (French, Spanish, and a little Italian). 

--- End quote ---

Hello Lisa,

Are you employed in a field where you are able to utilize what you studied and earned a degree in?

Lisa:
Hello HiWarp,

Right now the answer is unfortunately, no.  But I'm hoping to change that soon. 

The One and Only Mo:

--- Quote from: Lisa on December 14, 2009, 08:29:12 PM ---Hi Moshe92.

Yes.  I've always lived in New York.  I was born in Queens.  Then when I was six years old, my family moved to Long Island.  I went to college at NYU.  Then after a year or so back on Long Island, I moved back to Manhattan.  However I'm now back on Long Island for the time being, since things with me are kind of in a flux right now. 

--- End quote ---

How'd you get into JTF and meet Chaim etc.? How'd you score this gig as a big wig here?

Lisa:
Hi Moshe92,

Good question.

About twelve or thirteen years ago, I was sitting in my apartment one night bored and flipping through the television channels, when all the sudden I saw a young man with black sunglasses ranting about Israel, the Arabs, Chuck Schumer and the Serbs.  He was bluntly saying everything I've always thought about the whole Israel/Fakestinian situation.  The only thing was when I would try and voice these opinions to family and friends, people would just say, "Oh Lisa, you need to be realistic."  But here was a man who was saying everything I'd always been thinking!  I was riveted. 

From then on, I always made it a point to catch those Manhattan Neighborhood Network public television shows.  And of course, I always visited the website every week religiously.  I just loved it!  I pretty much devoured everything on that website.

In fact, Chaim was one of two people who helped turn me into a conservative.  (This probably won't make much sense, but the other person was the late Ayn Rand after I read her book "Atlas Shrugged.")

Otherwise, I don't remember how I found the JTF forum.  I think there might have been a link on the main JTF page.  But once I found the forum, I was practically in heaven.  I thought I was the only person who knew of, or supported JTF.  So it was great to be able to connect to like minded people. 

Now at that point, I had already started my own blog, and was still very into it, pouring through dozens of news feeds every day for stuff to post.  It was a pleasure for me to jump in and share my commentary (or what have you) with other right wing people.

I guess it also helped that I met our former admin Yacov several times.  I remember Jimmy Sullivan asking me if I would like to be a moderator for the General section, and that he thought I was a good writer.  Then right afterwards, Yacov wrote me and said "Lisa, there's a fight going on in the forum.  As moderator, you need to go in and stop it" or something to that effect.  So that's basically what I did.

After that, I became friendly with Shlomo when he became an admin. He found what I wrote on one thread about a film called "Janet's Abortion" very funny.  And it helped that he seemed to like my posts. 

I think I became admin at around the time "Until Shiloh Comes" ended up becoming less active on the forum.  Shlomo wasn't able to monitor the forum and do the back end stuff on his own. 

Hope that answers your question. 

Irish Zionist:
Have you ever considered moving to Israel?
If not what are your reasons?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version