Author Topic: Ask Lisa  (Read 110632 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Ask Lisa
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2009, 05:15:21 AM »
First a scientific survey was done Caucasoid men are as big as shvatzas. To Zelhar of course G-D isn't going to appear to every person then what purpose would there be to having free will
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2009, 09:35:07 AM »
First a scientific survey was done Caucasoid men are as big as shvatzas. To Zelhar of course G-D isn't going to appear to every person then what purpose would there be to having free will

Interesting, Mord.

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2009, 02:23:52 PM »
On youtube, you call yourself an 'old geezer'.

How old are you really?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2009, 03:01:53 PM »
On youtube, you call yourself an 'old geezer'.

How old are you really?

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2009, 03:01:59 AM »
To Zelhar of course G-D isn't going to appear to every person then what purpose would there be to having free will
That's interesting. From what I read in the bible, it looks like Prophets have  at certain times no free will, when it comes to delivering the mission G-d assigns to them. For example- Moses had to go back to Egypt and speak to Pharaoh, and also the book of Jonah deals with this subject and the conclusion seems to be there is no escape but to deliver the message.

On the other hand the prophet is still responsible for his own actions, and can make mistakes. The very fist prophet, Adam, defied a direct order from G-d.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2009, 03:08:01 AM »
Adam was a prophet?
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2009, 03:21:39 AM »
Adam was a prophet?
If prophet means someone who communicates with God then he was.

Offline futuramark

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2009, 04:17:34 AM »
Hi Lisa

Can I ask about 2 personalities. What you think about them. Jesus . Jesus was a jew but then I get it he diverted from judaism maybe and became sort of a renegade? is he hated ? why is he hated ? a self hating jew ? a traitor? how is he seen by the jews.

and the 2nd personailty winston churchill.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2009, 03:04:02 PM »
Hello Futuramark,

Sorry for the delay in answering your question. 

I don't really think anything about Jesus one way or the other.  I know he was a Sabbath keeping pork abstaining Jew.  As I understand it, (since I never read the New Testament), Jesus's first followers were Jews, and Christianity started as another sect of Judaism.  If I'm wrong, others are free to correct me.  However, the two religions separated long ago, due to differences which we all know about here. 

If you want more details, I suggest you download the previous Ask JTF show where Chaim discusses at length the differences between Judaism and Christianity, and how they view G-d. 

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,40935.msg406598.html#msg406598

As for my personal experiences attending an Orthodox Synagogue as a child, I don't remember Jesus ever being mentioned or discussed.  The only time was once in Hebrew school where the rabbi said that the Romans killed Jesus as opposed to the Jews.  The focus in the Synagogues is just on Jewish prayers, etc. 

As for Winston Churchill, I'm a little rusty on my history. I suppose he was better than that Neville Chamberlain.  He seemed to be a good war time prime minister.  However, I obviously have a problem with the fact that the British blocaded Palestine during the Holocaust, basically ensuring their deaths at the hands of the Nazis.  Also, the British air force did not bomb the rail lines leading to the concentration camps, which they could have done.  On the other hand, the Americans could have done it, but chose not to.  (I actually read a comment on a blog saying that America had an agreement with Saudi Barbaria not to bomb those rail lines in exchange for the free flow of Saudi oil.)

As I understand it, by giving the Jews that tiny bit of land, they assumed and hoped that the Arab scum would make quick work of the Jews, which they fortunately did not do.  I also read of how the Arabs would commit pogroms against the Jewish population, and how the British would disarm (or attempt to disarm) the Jews as a result. 

Anyway, I did a web search and found something about how Churchill wrote about Jews being partially responsible for anti-semitism. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/uncovered-churchills-warnings-about-the-hebrew-bloodsuckers-439772.html

Hope that answers your question.

Lisa

Offline futuramark

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2009, 03:13:43 PM »
Yes Lisa that is why I asked becuase Churchill was anti semite also...maybe he was influenced by the anti semite literature all thru the years in britain. He was even more aggressive when it came to muslims..so who knows maybe he was a war monger and loved to find scapegoats. Surely he was better than the cowardly Chamberlain. I also find it interesting that the british places the jews right next to the muslims and that was a grave mistake in my opinion. I'm not saying Israel should never have happened but maybe it was not the right place, it could have been intentional to clash jews and muslims against each other. Who knows. The root of the problem is Jerusalem. Both religions wat that land muslims and jews and willing to fight for it. At least christians have given up on the land.
Thanks for your answer just wanted to get your perspective.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2009, 03:14:59 PM »
Oh no!  It was the right place.  Don't even go there. 

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2009, 03:21:20 PM »
Yes Lisa that is why I asked becuase Churchill was anti semite also...maybe he was influenced by the anti semite literature all thru the years in britain. He was even more aggressive when it came to muslims..so who knows maybe he was a war monger and loved to find scapegoats. Surely he was better than the cowardly Chamberlain. I also find it interesting that the british places the jews right next to the muslims and that was a grave mistake in my opinion. I'm not saying Israel should never have happened but maybe it was not the right place, it could have been intentional to clash jews and muslims against each other. Who knows. The root of the problem is Jerusalem. Both religions wat that land muslims and jews and willing to fight for it. At least christians have given up on the land.
Thanks for your answer just wanted to get your perspective.
Listen dude, the Land of Israel is sacred Jewish homeland. It belongs to the Jews, and the Arabs are squatters, robbers and murderers. The British have nothing to do with this. They don't make the call where the Jews build their homeland, the Jews even don't make that call, we have Israel and that's our homeland.

Can you imagine if Libya and Gadafi  would come to Malta and tell you- "give us the Island of Malta and half of Gozo, and then let 250,000 Arabs inside what's left of your country because they are actually returning refugees, since the Arabs used to control malta once. Do that, and maybe we want kill you."

What would you do mark ?

Offline futuramark

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2009, 03:23:37 PM »
Zelhar I would do the exact same thing jews are doing and fight for my country. I support Israel and think you have a right to defend it to the last.
but my point was that it could have been done on purpose.. placing jews next to muslims and create tension.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2009, 03:24:59 PM »
                                                                      בס"ד

Since I've agreed to not discuss about Christianity, I wouldn't post the Torahnic view on Jesus. However, I disagree with Zelhar's and Mark's opinion both, the ONLY reason and justification for us to be here is G-D's Promise, in any other way - we're just bunch of occupiers and thieves.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2009, 03:35:08 PM »
yes, it all goes back to God, for sure.

בס"ד

Since I've agreed to not discuss about Christianity, I wouldn't post the Torahnic view on Jesus. However, I disagree with Zelhar's and Mark's opinion both, the ONLY reason and justification for us to be here is G-D's Promise, in any other way - we're just bunch of occupiers and thieves.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2009, 05:48:43 PM »
Yes Futuramark.  You're kind of making my point for me.  The British agreed to a Jewish state in parts of Palestine with the assumption that the Arabs would kill them all off.  In that sense you're right that they did it on purpose. 

Offline futuramark

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2009, 05:54:11 PM »
Yes Futuramark.  You're kind of making my point for me.  The British agreed to a Jewish state in parts of Palestine with the assumption that the Arabs would kill them all off.  In that sense you're right that they did it on purpose. 
That's exactly the point I was trying to make. I remember reading as a kid about jewish always being persecuted and not owning a land which they can call their own. So yes Israel should be their land and they/you have every right to claim it and defend it. I hope that's clear.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 06:04:49 PM by futuramark »

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2009, 06:06:15 PM »
That's exactly the point I was trying to make. I remember reading as a kid about jewish always being persecuted and not owning a land which they can call their own. So yes Israel should be their land and they/you have every right to claim it and defend it. I hope that's clear.

OK, thanks.

Offline futuramark

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2009, 06:11:21 PM »
Np Lisa. Regarding Jesus I think jewish people should be less aggresive in his regards if they ever want to unite with christians. As a christian it obviously offends me when I hear jews saying Jesus was a dog yes we killed him we enjoyed it bla bla bla. It doesn't serve any purpose other than divide them more. And I'm not a religious person but one should respect someone else's faith if they want unity between them.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2009, 06:14:21 PM »
I've never personally seen any Jews to getting "aggressive" about Jesus.  Some of them might think bad thoughts about him.  But then again, some Christians also believe in replacement theology and say that Jews are all going to hell for not believing in Jesus. 

Offline futuramark

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2009, 06:15:35 PM »
Ofcourse it cuts both ways Lisa. Both should respect the other's religion and beliefs.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2009, 06:17:06 PM »
I think most people do just that, Futuramark. 

Offline futuramark

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2009, 06:20:00 PM »

Not everyone does that unfortunately Lisa. And until then unity between the two is hardly achievable. I think there is a lot of common ground between jews and christians but such attitudes divide the two.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2009, 06:46:14 PM »
                                                                      בס"ד

Not everyone does that unfortunately Lisa. And until then unity between the two is hardly achievable. I think there is a lot of common ground between jews and christians but such attitudes divide the two.

What attitudes? Of bashing Jesus?

Offline futuramark

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2009, 06:47:32 PM »
Yes.