Author Topic: Amnesty - good for country, or good for Democrats?  (Read 893 times)

Online Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Amnesty - good for country, or good for Democrats?
« on: December 19, 2009, 08:27:30 PM »
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Politics/Default.aspx?id=819466

One of the most outspoken critics of illegal immigration calls the latest amnesty bill submitted to Congress nothing but an effort to create a permanent dependency class in the United States that will permanently support Democrats.

Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Illinos)Recently Congressman Luis Gutierrez (D-Illinois) introduced what he is calling the "Comprehensive Immigration Reform for America's Security and Prosperity," which would effectively give amnesty to over 12 million illegal aliens in the United States. (See earlier article)

Congressman Steve King (R-Iowa) is staunchly opposed to Gutierrez's bill and says it is only about keeping Democrats in power. 

"If I would advocate such a thing from my district, I can tell you that the people in the district would rise up and clamor for me to be removed from office -- but apparently the people in Chicago see some kind of benefit [to Gutierrez's bill]," the congressman contends.

Steve King"This isn't about America's prosperity," King continues, "this is about expanding the dependency class in America, trying to create a permanent dependency class so it will permanently vote for Democrats so they can be permanently in power, permanently undermining our liberty, our free enterprise system, and our Constitution and rule of law itself. That's what this is about; it isn't about helping people, and I think Gutierrez knows that."

King explains that a bipartisan effort to pass amnesty was rejected twice in recent years -- and given the current economic climate and higher unemployment rate among American workers, he does not expect a different result now.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt