General Category > Ask JTF

Ask JTF For September 17 Broadcast

(1/7) > >>

admin:
Thank you for answering my question about Ahmadi (Pronounced ACHmadi) Muslims. I banned Khaan, the Ahmadi Muslim, even before I heard your response because he was trying to stir up troubles between Jews and Christians on the forum in relation to Judaism and Christianity. He is Rhuan's friend. Rhuan thinks "he is beginning to doubt Islam and that's why he is saying the allegory nonsense and eventually he will leave Islam".

Here is my comment and question.

The Chabad guy at the t'fillin booth at The Kotel told me that The Rebbe disagreed with Rav Kahane on his actions against The Soviet Union on behalf of Soviet Jewry. The Rebbe allegedly preferred to deal with it diplomatically and said Rabbi Kahane freed some at the expense of Chabad's efforts to free all.

The man at The Kotel also said that The Rebbe also had Ruach HaKodesh and that is why I brought up Rabbi Kahane because I said Rabbi Kahane also had Ruach HaKodesh. The man disagreed with me on that. I asked if The Rebbe was like Rav Kaduri and he said The Rebbe was on a much higher level just like Moses. He said Rav Kaduri was a Kabbalist and that Moses and The Rebbe were on a higher level than Kabbalah so therefore didn't need Kabbalah.

What do you think about this? I thought Chabadnikim and Kahanists were the closest allies. Also, what is your opinion about people calling The Rebbe Mashiach? The most active Chabadnikim for The Land of Israel are Meshachistim while the Non-Meshachistim take a more Establishment approach towards The Land of Israel.

habiru:
Dear C.

Are there any colleges that you can reccomend?

kahaneloyalist:
Dear Chaim,
       Thank you for answering my questions each week.

My question this week is, has Baruch Marzel considered instead of spending what little money we have on TV and Radio instead Baruch and all the leaders of Hazit take their message directly to the people with public speaking engagements anywhere and everywhere. Whether its the Shtakhim, or Tel Aviv or Benai Brak. If the people hear a Torah true message, even if we dont have a slick campaign, their hearts will follow.

Mishmaat:
Shalom aleichem rebbe Chaim,

You may not have a semicha, but out of respect for your great wisdom I refer to you as a rebbe.

I know that talking about shvartzes isn't really that interesting, but I'm just curious about one thing. Did Rav Kahane, zt"l, share similar views and sentiments about shvartzes? On past broadcasts you've attributed negative comments about shvartzes to HaRav Kahane, zt"l. And it sounds like something that he would definitely say. The eternal malcontents is certainly a more than apt description for shvartzes.

Also in terms of suggestions, there is a popular website among younger people called MySpace (http://www.mypsace.com) that has A LOT of visitors. I could easily set up a JTF MySpace page and design the layout to look identical to the JTF.ORG website. People who use MySpace on this forum can then place the page in their top eight "friend" list. That would be great free advertising.

Another suggestion, I think that some of the people on this forum should set up a free store with CafePress (http://www.cafepress.com) and sell replicas of the JTF.ORG t-shirt that David wore on past shows. The store owners could set up a reasonable mark-up price and distribute the profits directly to JTF. I suggested this idea on the old forum, but it never came into fruition. Please feel free to add your input.

Kol tuv.

Rhuan:
I am not going to ask another question, however I would like you to read the following statement.

I would like to apologise if you found that my question made you uncomfortable, I never wish to descriminate by religion, or any other means, I did not post that question with the purpose of courisng upset or seperation between Christians or Jews, it was just an issue I've been thinking about, that I particularly wanted to hear the Jewish view on, I am sorry if I caused you any discomfort or upset.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version