Author Topic: Blasting American Idol  (Read 3395 times)

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
Blasting American Idol
« on: April 13, 2007, 06:08:32 PM »
With all the important things going on in the world, Americans worry about that stupid show "American Idol".  Americans are the stupidest people on this planet. With Imus and anti-semitism, people are more concearn about the worst reallity show ever made.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Blasting American Idol
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 06:16:06 PM »
Terrorists cite and bash the obsessions with "American Idol" when they bash the US. 

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 06:19:55 PM »
At least it's a pure, wholesome form of entertainment.

Offline Maccabi

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 06:42:12 PM »
Joe, I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately I feel the same way about baseball most of the time.

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 05:09:28 AM »
American Idol is a load of crap. Even ten years ago the programs were better. But now, We worry about who is winning on idol instead of Moslems killing us. Oh are we screwed.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 06:14:09 AM »
American Idol is a load of crap. Even ten years ago the programs were better. But now, We worry about who is winning on idol instead of Moslems killing us. Oh are we screwed.
I really don't watch TV all that much and almost never any sitcoms or shows with cult followings such as Supranos, American Idol, and the one that was on a few years ago Survivor. What always amazes me with the people who watched shows like this is they get so into it they start talking to other folks about people in the shows as if they actually know them. A few times some one did this to me I looked at them clueless as to who in the heck they were talking about. They would become incredulous that I didn't know about the shows. Don't get me wrong here if this is how people like to spend there time its fine but to become so wrapped up in a TV series shows just how powerful and distracting media of TV can be. I often watch children when they watch TV they get so into it the whole house could collapse around them and they would not even know it. Almost like adults in a way, except with adults its the whole world could fall apart but that TV had better come on and Idol or Supranos better be on schedule.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 06:18:08 AM by cjd »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Maccabi

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 10:02:04 AM »
I do like some forms of t.v. entertainment.

Here's my list:

Rome - HBO series
Sopranos
The Wire
Entourage
Sleeper Cell

I watch t.v. maybe 3 hrs/week but if I find a good series on 'On Demand' I'll watch a whole season like 12 hours straight.

Other things like reality t.v. I can't stand.  Lost was ok but I started to get the feeling like it was going to be a crappy show after a few seasons and there was something very witchy about it.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 09:40:35 PM »
This show should be off the air

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 12:04:38 AM »
The auditions are hilarious. After that there's not much to see.  ;)

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 06:58:12 PM »
American Idol is the worst of the reality shows.  The best one is Survivor.  Whch airs tonight.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 07:23:26 PM »
At least it is aptly named. Because it is IDOLatry. Just calling it idol makes it idolatry.

YES! How long have I said this?

THANK YOU, Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim!
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim