Author Topic: Ask JTF for Sunday, January 17, 2010  (Read 9674 times)

Offline Gimatria

• Full JTFer
Re: Ask JTF for Sunday, January 17, 2010
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2010, 08:57:56 AM »
Achi ha yakar, Chaim!
Ma'enyanim? Unfortunately my brother went through with his plan to visit the evil, satanic realm of Disney. Please join me and say a prayer for his soul.
My question this week has to do with a favorite topic of mine - cosmology and astrophysics. As you know, in standard physics models, Einstein stipulated that the speed of light (186,000 miles/sec) is the "speed limit" of the universe. However, in modern physics, astrophysicists like Michio Kaku and others have written much about higher dimensional models - chronicled in detail in books such as "hyperspace". One of the conundrums we encounter in this realm of physics is that if one can "fold" space time, and therefore exceed the "speed limit" conveyed by Einstein, the repercussions visa vis time dilation are staggering - namely, that it can allow for time travel.
In the meantime, this subject remains largely relegated to science fiction. However...do you think it will ever be possible? Stephen Hawking once remarked "if time travel is possible, where are all the tourists from the future?"

If by some breakthrough in science time travel became possible, and you could visit one person from the past (let's say before 1900), who would it be and why?

Toda Raba Chaim for indulging my curiosity.
Your disciple,
Gimatria

Offline imaknick

• Full JTFer
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2010, 10:28:28 AM »
Why do you think Al Sharpton did not accuse Harry Reid as a racist? should Harry reid step down for his comments?  Also what was your opinion of Trent lott and Strom  thurmon?

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2010, 11:33:20 AM »
hey chaim.

1)To have a change from salmon and tuna, i have been eating basa fish, seabass and plaice. Are these healthy fishes???

2)can you explain the significance and meaning of the story of lot and his wife in the torah?

3) do you still keep in contact with craig winn and will you do any more videos with him???

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2010, 11:46:29 AM »
Shalom Chaim and Thank you as always for your hard work and for answering my questions.

What do you think of Israel sending help to Haiti? The Israeli government is sending medical teams to rescue people. Do you think that there is anything good that could come out of this for Israel? Perhaps Israeli medical teams could gain valuable medical experience by operating on people in an emergency situation?
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline Fighting For Truth

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2010, 02:02:42 PM »
Shalom Chaim,

What is your views about Theodor Herzl who founded Modern Zionism? The reason I ask this is because since he was really an Atheist and not a believer of Judaism, what were your views about him since you yourself believe in the Jewish faith?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 06:35:06 PM by Fighting For Truth »

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2010, 04:06:11 PM »
Dear Chaim

What is your opinion of the Bolivian leader Evo Morales?

Thanks

Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Menachem

• Junior JTFer
  • כהנא צדק
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2010, 05:36:06 PM »
Dear Chaim,

Shalom brother. What is your opinion of Napoleon Bonaparte? Many of his actions were very pro-Jewish, including the emancipation of and restoration of rights for Jews in France. In 1799 he even drew up a proclamation that affirmed the Jewish state in Israel, though it was never formally issued.

Do these and his many other acts of goodness outweigh his well-known shortcomings (no pun intended) and qualify him as a righteous gentile, and if so, why did G-d allow him and his men to suffer such a terrible defeat at Waterloo?

Thanks.

P.S. If this question seems preposterous then please understand I've only just begun studying this era of history.

Source of info: Napoleon and the Jews
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 05:59:05 PM by Menachem »

Offline Gam Bashan veGam Gilad

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Senior JTFer
  • Avi Farhan – One Day, Brothers, We Shall Be Back!
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2010, 06:49:50 PM »
Hello Dear Chaim, (:

What is your opinion about the movement "Ne'emnei Torah Va'Avoda"?
(= "נאמני תורה ועבודה")

They say they are (quote): "a religious-Zionist movement that seeks to return Religious Zionism to its roots, works to create a thinking religious culture that is open and self-critical, and encourages a courageous halakhic discourse that deals with the challenges of contemporary times. Its orientation aims to promote the values of tolerance, equality, and justice in religious society and to have a real influence on the Jewish-democratic character of Israeli society".

Among their directors are:

Yonatan Ben Harosh,
Yair Peretz,
Na'ama Shapira Kroizer,
Dr. Micha Goodman,
Yuval Kahan,
Rivki Rozner,
Anat Silverstone,
Avishay Bar Asher
and Omri Shasha.

Among their Board of Governors are:

Rabbi Marc Angel,
Rabbi David Bigman,
Dr. Asher Cohen,
Rabbi Yehuda Gilad,
Prof. Benjamin Ish-Shalom,
Rabbi Ronen Lubich,
Ms. Rivka Lubitz,
Rabbi Shlomo Riskin,
Prof. Uriel Simon,
Dr. Amnon Shapiro,
Rabbi Prof. Daniel Sperber,
Prof. Yedidya Stern,
Rabbi Avi Weiss
and Dr. Micha Goodman.

Thank you as always and Shavu'a Tov!
Gam Bashan veGam Gil'ad. :)

Offline Yaacov Ben Yehuda

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2010, 08:00:55 PM »
Shalom Chaim!

What do you think of the story of Solomon having his older brother killed? Does this mean we are allowed to kill our blood over power rule?
It seems a bit unrighteous doesnt it?  Wasn't Solomon acting a little bit unreasonable?

Also, do you think it's possible that Hashem communicates with people through numbers...like showing us signs...

Offline ape

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2010, 08:16:48 PM »
Have you ever had any contact with any hollywood liberal Jews,  or told any of them off?

P.S. I'm surprised that you like the group Guns and Roses. The lead singer sounds like someone stepped on the toes of a big fat schwarza.