Author Topic: Reagan's evil empire speech  (Read 569 times)

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
Reagan's evil empire speech
« on: January 16, 2010, 05:51:10 PM »

When was the last time a national leader spoke so strongly and so clearly about our enemies.  I remember when this speech was first reported in the 1980s before Youtube so we did not hear the entire speech.  My liberal relatives were furious that Reagan called the Soviets an evil empire.  I didn't know about the first part where he basically said better dead than red, where he refers to the speaker talking of preferring his beloved young daughter dying now still believing in G-d than living under Communism and later dying no longer believing.  This sure gives me nostalgia for real leadership.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Reagan's evil empire speech
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 06:42:47 PM »

When was the last time a national leader spoke so strongly and so clearly about our enemies.  I remember when this speech was first reported in the 1980s before Youtube so we did not hear the entire speech.  My liberal relatives were furious that Reagan called the Soviets an evil empire.  I didn't know about the first part where he basically said better dead than red, where he refers to the speaker talking of preferring his beloved young daughter dying now still believing in G-d than living under Communism and later dying no longer believing.  This sure gives me nostalgia for real leadership.
Reagan was a president who actually believed in America and its people. Carters policies left America's economy in a shambles, its military debilitated and its people demoralized. Within a year or so Reagan turned the picture around mostly by getting Americans to believe in America again. He took our old battleships out of mothballs and put them back into action not because they were cutting edge weapons but because they were big powerful and noisy and like America itself and demanded attention. When them old battle ships sailed into a conflict the enemy knew they were in for it but good. Reagan talked up America. Even if at times we were not up to a task Reagan made the world believe we were. This is the type of president we need today not a filthy "shvartza" from Detroit that hates everything America stands for.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Re: Reagan's evil empire speech
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 06:49:23 PM »

Reagan was a president who actually believed in America and its people. Carters policies left America's economy in a shambles, its military debilitated and its people demoralized. Within a year or so Reagan turned the picture around mostly by getting Americans to believe in America again. He took our old battleships out of mothballs and put them back into action not because they were cutting edge weapons but because they were big powerful and noisy and like America itself and demanded attention. When them old battle ships sailed into a conflict the enemy knew they were in for it but good. Reagan talked up America. Even if at times we were not up to a task Reagan made the world believe we were. This is the type of president we need today not a filthy "shvartza" from Detroit that hates everything America stands for.

Well said cjd, well said............