General Category > Ask Posters Show Threads

Ask Golani Zionist

<< < (2/3) > >>

Yaacov Ben Yehuda:

--- Quote from: Confederate Kahanist on February 02, 2010, 05:23:58 PM ---What got you out of the Land of Milk and Honey in the first place?

--- End quote ---

well to be honest with you I had just finished serving my time in the army, fought hezbollah and seen friends die, let alone had near death experiences while up in south Lebanon (was bombed and shot at numerous times).  And less then a year after i finished the army, ehud barak becomes prime minister, retreats the idf out of lebanon like a coward, which basically was the cause of the second initifada.  anyways, they called me back to fight, now against the palestinian uprisiing in yehuda and shomron, and to be straight up, i simply wasnt into it, i didnt want to go back and risk my life once again, all because of the stupid cowardly policies of a left wing government!  so i left and came back to Canada where i was born and lived the majority of my life.  my family live in Israel still, and i'll be back there soon enough...my soul is not complete until I return and find a wife.

Yaacov Ben Yehuda:

--- Quote from: Christian Zionist on February 02, 2010, 08:22:33 PM ---Hi Golani Zionist,

Shalom!

Do you think the Merkava tank, a failure?

I heard during the Israel-Hezbolah war only 2 Merkava tanks were completely destroyed by anti-tank missiles and those were not Merkava-4 version.  However muslims think all Merkava models are a failure?  Are Merkava-4 models attached with "iron fist"?

Thanks!

CZ

--- End quote ---

I'm not an expert on the Merkava tanks, but I do know that they are very good in the field.  I can share with you an experience I had while serving in south Lebanon in the late 90's.  The fort my platoon was holding down was attacked with a bombardment of mortar shells  from a hezbollah position across the valley. 3 of our soliders died (may they rest in peace), and the whole fort was shaking.  I was firing my machine gun into the night, not seeing anything i was firing at, but what else was I to do besides fire my weapon towards the direction of the enemy positon.  Anyways, I thought we were all doomed, and we very well might of been, because the whole area around the fort was being bombarded with mortar shells, and we took a few direct hits as well.  What ended up saving us was a Merkava tank (Thanks to Hashem), they made their way over to our position very quick, and began firing at the Hezbollah position, until the mortars stopped dropping! :) 

Edward:
What's the speciality of the Golani Unit?

Yaacov Ben Yehuda:

--- Quote from: Edward on February 10, 2010, 07:36:48 AM ---What's the speciality of the Golani Unit?

--- End quote ---

The Golani Brigade is the 1st infantry brigade of the Israeli Defence Forces.  They are usually deployed in the northern broder region of Israel and would defend the north in a war.

JTFenthusiast2:
Sorry for asking such a basic question, but what is a Golani Zionist?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version