Author Topic: Heckling of Israeli ambassador 'shameful'  (Read 2114 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Heckling of Israeli ambassador 'shameful'
« on: February 15, 2010, 07:28:43 PM »
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=895408

An Arab-American and terrorism expert says it's absolutely shameful that the University of California-Irvine (UCI) allowed a group of Muslim students to heckle the Israeli ambassador to the United States during a recent address on campus.

According to a report on IsraelNationalNews.com, Ambassador Michael Oren was heckled several times on February 7 during his lecture on American-Israeli relations, and at one point even had to stop speaking for 20 minutes. The raucous protest succeeded in preventing a scheduled question-and-answer session following the speech.

The protestors -- 11 of whom were arrested -- were reportedly members of the Muslim Student Union. One has been identified as the president of the UCI chapter of that group.

Brigitte Gabriel is founder and president of ACT! for America and author of her own bestseller They Must Be Stopped: Why We Must Defeat Radical Islam and How We Can Do It. She is appalled at the Muslim students' behavior.

Brigitte Gabriel"You have unruly students who are driven by blind emotion who do not agree with a certain speaker, [who] start behaving badly disrupting the lecture, in many instances threatening the speaker," she comments. "That is so shameful."

The terrorism expert says she can personally testify that this sort of intimidation is occurring at U.S. campuses across the country.

"I myself had a terrible experience at the University of Memphis," she shares. "I mean Memphis is Bubba land, [it's] Elvis land -- you cannot get more heartland than the University of Memphis.

"And yet when I spoke [there] I had to have a security detail fit for a president. That is a sad statement."

Gabriel believes the University of California-Irvine should have taken steps to prevent members of the Muslim Student Union from disrupting the Israeli ambassador's address.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
Re: Heckling of Israeli ambassador 'shameful'
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 09:56:10 PM »
Big shame for this University.  :o
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,