Author Topic: Asking for advice  (Read 589 times)

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
Asking for advice
« on: February 05, 2010, 11:18:34 AM »
I will have to replace my Identity Card here in Argentina because it's quiete worned out. The new models have a map of Argentina which includes the Falkland Islands. Do you think it would be a moral problem to use such a card? On one side it would, perhaps, be supporting theft against the Islanders. On the side it may also be theft just for using a design with their Islands without their permision.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
Re: Asking for advice
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 07:24:17 PM »
What do you think? BTW I have learned that not all the new cards have that design. Apparently, most of the real cards do not, but some in fact do. They desingn shown in the Govt's. web has it.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 07:32:21 PM »
If this is "off-topic", please ignore:

What exactly is an "identity card" and how does it work?  Here in the U.S., we have driver's licenses and social security cards which we may use to prove our identity from time to time.  But is your identity card something that you are required to carry with you at all times and can be asked to produce by the authorities at any time?  If so, what would happen if you didn't have it on you?

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 07:50:43 PM »
If this is "off-topic", please ignore:

What exactly is an "identity card" and how does it work?  Here in the U.S., we have driver's licenses and social security cards which we may use to prove our identity from time to time.  But is your identity card something that you are required to carry with you at all times and can be asked to produce by the authorities at any time?  If so, what would happen if you didn't have it on you?

No, it's not out of topic. It's a good question for educational puropses. Here, our identity card is a document we are supposed to carry with us at every moment. Authorities may ask for it to prove our identity. Not having it with us could theoretically lead to an arrest in case the police cannot prove who we are. But it's raraely asked in this small rural area. It is also used to vote in elections, something which is compulsory here.
Identity can also be proven showing a Federal Police Card which is awarded to anyone who voluntarily requieres it, but Police card cannot be used to vote.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 08:10:42 PM »
I know very little of Argentinian politics.  What group is being displaced, by whom?
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 08:20:27 PM »
I know very little of Argentinian politics.  What group is being displaced, by whom?

The Falkland Islands are a UK Overseas Teritory. It was disputed by the French, Spaniards and Argentinians in the past. It was later abandoned in the beginning of XIX century. Britain returned in 1833 and populated it. Current population has a history of about two centuries living there and want British Govt. Argentina has always claimed that Islands and even invaded them in 1982. British Govt was reestablished shortly after the war.
There will be no displacement of any group because the Islands are defended by Britain. Argentina does not want to displace them either, but claims to govern them. This Govt does not recognise native local autonomous Govt.

Offline rhayat1

• Full JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 08:24:47 PM »
You know what?  The way things are going in Britain, those islanders are probably better off under Argentina.

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 07:54:53 AM »
You know what?  The way things are going in Britain, those islanders are probably better off under Argentina.
We can repopulate the Falklands with Pakis any day. Just before handing them over. That'll teach you. Las Malvinas son Muslim.