Author Topic: Injecting "religion" in to sniping  (Read 4122 times)

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
Injecting "religion" in to sniping
« on: January 18, 2010, 04:16:27 PM »
The last thing hundreds of thousands of Jews throught history saw as they were being burned, stabbed and tortured to death was a grinning priest holding a copy of the New Testament, a book which is replete with sinah.

Altjough Xtians in this generation have endeavoured to show the Am Yisrael a better face, would it disturb you to handle a weapon that had an NT quote on it?!

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/us-military-weapons-inscribed-secret-jesus-bible-codes/story?id=9575794

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Injecting "religion" in to sniping
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 05:33:15 PM »
The last thing hundreds of thousands of Jews throught history saw as they were being burned, stabbed and tortured to death was a grinning priest holding a copy of the New Testament, a book which is replete with sinah.

Altjough Xtians in this generation have endeavoured to show the Am Yisrael a better face, would it disturb you to handle a weapon that had an NT quote on it?!

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/us-military-weapons-inscribed-secret-jesus-bible-codes/story?id=9575794

What's the significance of the New Testament anyways?

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 06:26:09 PM »
Yes, this actually goes against the separation of church and state.

FYI So called Christians have also burned other Christians at the stake, etc....and let's not forget what Nero did....

I think they should put something from Psalms or some other old book on there....

The last thing hundreds of thousands of Jews throughout history saw as they were being burned, stabbed and tortured to death was a grinning priest holding a copy of the New Testament, a book which is replete with sinah.

Although Xtians in this generation have endeavoured to show the Am Yisrael a better face, would it disturb you to handle a weapon that had an NT quote on it?!

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 07:10:37 PM »
Although the Koran speaks praisingly of Yoshki as "a true prophet of Allah" (!), Muslims revile Xtians and the NT for having deified oso haish.  I suspect that once word get round, this model of Trijicon sight will be banned from Muslim armies that use US equipment like Iraq, Jordan & Saudi Arabia, lest a riot occur akin to the 1857 Sepoy Rebellion in India caused by the pig fat-greased cartridges that the British used!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 07:15:57 PM by wonga66 »

Offline patches

• Senior JTFer
  • To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 04:39:12 AM »
After people complained, the US government threatened to retract their contract if the manufacturer continued to put the quotes on there. So in the future there will be no more quotes of any kind.

Apparently they've been doing this for years and noone ever noticed.

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 05:18:18 AM »

Judging by the Biblical verses he utters while sniping, sniper Private Jackson would approve of a Biblical quote on his scope!

Offline bobish

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 12:40:28 PM »
Acog is a nice series of scopes.
I do not know how many are in US mil service, but its a lot.

I would suggest that some other words could replace it.

Any ideas?

The mil knew about this, years ago.
A bunch of someones go over every inch of anything they buy.
Before they buy it.
Plane, tank, rifle, bullet, or scope.
The mil loves the scope series of ACOG.
So they live with it.
I don't know if they like the words or not.

I have 4 of things.
I never noticed. Till this story came out.

bob