Author Topic: The MYTH of the Demographic Threat to Israel  (Read 549 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
The MYTH of the Demographic Threat to Israel
« on: February 14, 2010, 10:48:19 AM »
I was telling this to my Israeli co-worker the other day... Now there is evidence that I am correct. At least the latest news confirms what I told him. There is no threat that the Arabs will hold a majority in Israel, at least the threat which Barak tried to portray.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/136006

Inflated Census Figures Show False Demographic Picture
Shevat 30, 5770, 14 February 10 06:20
by Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu

(Israelnationalnews.com) Labor party chairman and Defense Minister Ehud Barak earlier this month stated inflated figures on the number of Arabs in Israel in order to reach a conclusion that failure to reach a two-state solution would create "Apartheid," according to defense industry official Chaim Rosenberg.

Writing in the Hebrew-language Makor Rishon daily newspaper, Rosenberg said that Barak's figures of six million Arabs living between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea artificially add two milion Arabs to the population figures.

Rosenberg is the head of Long-Term Planning at RAFAEL (Israel Defense Ministry's Armament Development Authority). He wrote that a study published as recently as last year by the Begin-Sadat Center for Strategic Studies concluded that there are only four million Arabs, distributed almost equally between Gaza, Judea and Samara, and the rest of Israel.

Barak also stated that the supposed demographic threat is even “more threatening than Iran,” but Rosenberg wrote, “Barak's conclusion is based on a dramatic error of a two million person gap.”

The “demographic threat” is actually non-existent when compared with the census in 1948, when the Jewish State was re-established, the defense industry official stated. Rosenberg pointed out that Jews comprised only one-third of the population between the Jordan and the Mediterranean at that time. The “defiance of odds was responsible for the 1948 establishment of the Jewish State,” Rosenberg reminded readers.

“In 2010, there is a solid 67 percent Jewish majority in the combined area of pre-1967 Israel and Judea and Samaria” he added. “However, some Israeli politicians employ toxic demographic assets. They inflate the number of Arabs in Judea and Samaria in order to scare the Jewish State into a retreat from a most critical area, historically and security-wise.

“Current demographic bode well for the Jewish majority, which is expected to grow during the next 20 years due to a substantial rise in fertility since 1995, while Arab/Muslim fertility throughout the Middle East has declined sharply. In addition, the Arab minority has experienced an accelerated net-emigration of 580,000 from Judea and Samaria since 1967."

Rosenberg also took a swipe at Barak ,charging that “scrutinizing facts is not a Barak trait, as was also evident during his May 2000 disorderly withdrawal from Lebanon and his July 2000 Camp David .”negotiations with Arafat and Clinton.”
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline rhayat1

• Full JTFer
Re: The MYTH of the Demographic Threat to Israel
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 12:54:18 PM »
I'm not saying this article is wrong but I question the 67% "Jewish" statistic simply because there is no doubt that many supposed "Jews", living in Israel, are not Jewish at all.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 01:12:59 PM »
This is great news to hear.

Apartheid
No more so than the Roman Empire had for itself.  In many ways the Romans were exemplary.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 02:04:58 PM »
Don't forget that Israel experiences a loss of Jewish yordim of 33,000 per year, mostly top academcs & professionals, plus many criminal elements.

If it wasn't for the Hassidim with their 8.8 children per family, a 'Jewish' Israel might have been in trouble by 2050, or even 2025.

What we want now is all those Hassidic youths to be shoved in to Yesha, so that they perforce become "Kahanists" whether they like it or not, if they want to keep their abodes!

« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 02:15:21 PM by wonga66 »