Author Topic: A virus destroyed my old computer... now I am back with a better computer!  (Read 694 times)

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
I was bummed out I could not ask Chaim any questions last week, but at least now I get to d/l the show.

How's about them Dubai boys?  I love the shades!
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I was bummed out I could not ask Chaim any questions last week, but at least now I get to d/l the show.

Ive been going hog-wild on the news of the Dubai operation... I even call myself 'Dubai-Assassination-Squad' in an online video game that I play..

Congrats on the new computer... I hope you upgraded... I just got the machine I wanted at work, it is a DELL quadcore Intel CPU with 4G of RAM, and nVidia graphics... It is about as powerful as my home machine {the one I am working on now} which I bought about 1 1/2 years ago... I need powerful machines for the amount of compiling I do {for my work}.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."

Ive been going hog-wild on the news of the Dubai operation... I even call myself 'Dubai-Assassination-Squad' in an online video game that I play..

Congrats on the new computer... I hope you upgraded... I just got the machine I wanted at work, it is a DELL quadcore Intel CPU with 4G of RAM, and nVidia graphics... It is about as powerful as my home machine {the one I am working on now} which I bought about 1 1/2 years ago... I need powerful machines for the amount of compiling I do {for my work}.

Good to see you my friend.  Yes, it is quite the upgrade for me.  I also got a printer so I am styling.  I too have a Dell now.

What kind of work do you do?
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom

Good to see you my friend.  Yes, it is quite the upgrade for me.  I also got a printer so I am styling.  I too have a Dell now.

What kind of work do you do?

Hi,

I am a software engineer who works in Silicon Valley, CA. My work involves writing software tools which assist in developing microcode for a DSP chip which is used to decode digital audio & video streams. These chips are embedded into devices such as DVD & Blu-ray players and set-top boxes which are made by the ISPs and Telcom companies {all over the world}. Our chips are used by the major players in the industry, such as Sony, Panasonic, Sanyo, LG, Pioneer, and many others.

My company has branched out into many fields, including home control, home networks, remote display technologies, and image improvement technologies and we just aquired an Israeli company which makes home power-line networks. Our latest chip includes impressive 3-D stereoscopic image display {similar to Avatars 3D}.

I have specialized in the digital video field for almost 12 years and worked in network software for five years before that. I am what they call a 'Senior Software Engineer' and I really love what I do...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14