Author Topic: Muslims: Airport scans violate faith  (Read 2077 times)

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Muslims: Airport scans violate faith
« on: March 07, 2010, 12:20:06 PM »
http://news.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/20100222muslims_airport_scans_violate_faith_full-body_scans_decried_by_scholars_as_contrary_to_islam/

Surely every security measure against Islamic terrorism is a violation of faith for these poor muslims.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Muslims: Airport scans violate faith
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 12:48:54 PM »
Muslims have no right to complain! They're the entire reason such massive security is needed to begin with! Also I don't like the idea of there being an exception to the rule. A pat-down could easily miss something that a full-body scan would pick up!

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 12:53:55 PM »
I think the rule should be that muslims should be registered (and some other groups too like sex offenders), and they should pass through an extra cautious screening process.

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 01:09:03 PM »

These scans cause cancer. They should all just be strip searched.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 01:28:59 PM »

These scans cause cancer. They should all just be strip searched.

18chail, there is no proof to what you said.  This is only going to cause further panic among a public that is already in panic. 

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 02:27:18 PM »
from what i read its still a new technology, id rather opt for a strip search then be exposed to x-ray operated by some affirmative action worker. Im wondering if that is an option. (no im not a voyeur)
 LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backscatter_X-ray#Health_effects

Health effects

Some people are concerned with exposure to radiation emitted by backscatter X-rays. At airports, lead vests are not used and people fear being exposed to "dangerous level of radiation if they get backscattered too often."[9] Safety regulations and standards like ANSI N43.17 (see below) that govern the use of these systems and that are recognized by the HPS, FDA and Various US Government Agencies may indicate that these concerns are not warranted.

The Health Physics Society (HPS) reports that a person undergoing a backscatter scan receives approximately 0.005 millirems (or 0.05 μSv) of radiation; American Science and Engineering Inc. reports 0.009 mrems (0.09 μSv).[9] According to U.S. regulatory agencies, "1 mrem per year is a negligible dose of radiation, and 25 mrem per year from a single source is the upper limit of safe radiation exposure".[9]

According to a draft standard on the FDA website [15], the allowable dose from a scan would be 0.1 μSv, and that report uses a model whereby a 0.01 μSv dose results in a 5×10−10 additional risk of death by cancer. Since the dose limit is ten times higher than 0.01 μSv, their model would predict one additional cancer death per 200 million scans. Since the airports in the UK handled 218 million passengers in 2009 [16] , if all passengers were scanned in the UK, this would produce on average one additional death every year. (Presumably there would also be some people who are given cancer but survive due to treatments such as chemotherapy, which is also very unpleasant.) Whilst the anti-terrorism related killing of Jean Charles de Menezes was widely unpopular, people killed by being irradiated with low doses of x-rays may produce less public outcry because it is not possible to identify which cancer deaths are a result of x-ray scanners and which are due to other causes. It is also frequently argued that airline passengers are going to receive a larger dose of ionizing radiation due to the altitude at which aircraft fly, so that in comparison the dose due to the x-ray scanner may be small. On the other hand, imposing a small risk of cancer on someone by for example smoking near them in a public place is deemed to be illegal in many countries even though the risk due to smoking one cigarette near someone may be small and of a similar order to the airport x-ray scan. An important factor in people's perception of whether a risk is acceptable may be whether it is a risk that they choose and which brings them a personal benefit, or whether it is a risk imposed by someone else and which brings benefit only to other people as in the case of an x-ray airport scan, which might be alleged to benefit other passengers but which clearly doesn't benefit a passenger who knows that they themselves are not carrying any weapon.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 02:34:26 PM »
Muslims have no right to complain! They're the entire reason such massive security is needed to begin with! Also I don't like the idea of there being an exception to the rule. A pat-down could easily miss something that a full-body scan would pick up!

Ruby, you hit the nail on the head.
These extra precautions are because of the muslims and I agree with you, the muslims have no right to complain!

Shalom - Dox

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 03:25:17 PM »
from what i read its still a new technology, id rather opt for a strip search then be exposed to x-ray operated by some affirmative action worker. Im wondering if that is an option. (no im not a voyeur)
 LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backscatter_X-ray#Health_effects

Health effects

Some people are concerned with exposure to radiation emitted by backscatter X-rays. At airports, lead vests are not used and people fear being exposed to "dangerous level of radiation if they get backscattered too often."[9] Safety regulations and standards like ANSI N43.17 (see below) that govern the use of these systems and that are recognized by the HPS, FDA and Various US Government Agencies may indicate that these concerns are not warranted.

The Health Physics Society (HPS) reports that a person undergoing a backscatter scan receives approximately 0.005 millirems (or 0.05 μSv) of radiation; American Science and Engineering Inc. reports 0.009 mrems (0.09 μSv).[9] According to U.S. regulatory agencies, "1 mrem per year is a negligible dose of radiation, and 25 mrem per year from a single source is the upper limit of safe radiation exposure".[9]

That may be, but usually even xrays for injuries are given with lead sheets to cover up the genitalia to prevent complications down there where matters are much more sensitive.  They are not taking that into account that we are completely exposed in these xrays.  Fertility may be at risk more than cancer development...  And the bottom line is that the Muslim terrorists are the reason we are being given these xrays. 

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 03:42:57 PM »
The next time a Muslim tries to board a plane they should be scanned immediately.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 03:46:26 PM »
The next time a Muslim tries to board a plane they should be scanned immediately.
The next time a Muslim tries to board a plane it should be a one way trip back to Saudi Arabia
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 03:48:53 PM »
The next time a Muslim tries to board a plane it should be a one way trip back to Saudi Arabia

Well we should send all Muslims living in this country back to Saudi Arabia. They don't like this country why are they even here to begin with?
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 03:50:52 PM »

Well we should send all Muslims living in this country back to Saudi Arabia. They don't like this country why are they even here to begin with?

They love the freedom they get over here as opposed to their oppressive hellholes.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 06:11:39 PM »
All I can say is, if they want to wear burkas, pray in mosques, and have their sharia law, they need to go back to where the hell they came from, because we will NOT tolerate it any longer! Why is this country so messed up? And if the liberals don't like it, send them over there too! >:(
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2010, 07:26:46 PM »
Take the bus.

Whatever cost is generated by this extra security is a tax on all the good non-Muslims who would never need this type of scrutiny.  Maybe some day people will object to paying to have Muslims in society.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2010, 08:33:37 PM »
 :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D

AND MASS MURDER IN THE NAME OF ALLAH IS OKAY????

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2010, 08:56:30 PM »

Ruby, you hit the nail on the head.
These extra precautions are because of the muslims and I agree with you, the muslims have no right to complain!

Shalom - Dox

Keep in mind that the torah is also against these full-body scans for the same reason. This scanner is just completely indecent. Two wrongs don't make a right. It is wrong that they allow Muslim Nazis to board planes so they can murder people. It is also wrong that they make the innocent people go through these scans as a result. In the faith of Islam, the victim is the one who gets punished for the crime instead of the criminal and this case is no exception.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2010, 09:10:40 PM »
Since the scans potentially save lives, could that balance it out?

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2010, 10:35:44 PM »

Ban muslims from the airlines, problem solved. It is so simple, no muslims means no hijacking terrorists and no need for scanners or taking shoes off. Why should everyone else in the world suffer because of the muslims, I say the muslims should suffer because of the muslims.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2010, 11:09:47 PM »
I agree that banning Muslims is the most sensible thing to do, but at the current time it would be considered unconstitutional to discriminate against them because Islam is (wrongly) considered to be a religion.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2010, 05:53:20 AM »
Since the scans potentially save lives, could that balance it out?

Not sure this will save lives.  The recent attempts with syringes, chemicals etc would not be stopped by this.   Nonetheless, theoretically you can say something saves lives and that's great, but (please excuse my language) who says I have to sacrifice MY cahone's to save lives.  There are other ways to save lives.  Having better security is one of them.   El Al doesn't need these machines.

I realize now you were probably referring to the other person's complaint, which is about modesty issues, rather than my complaint about fertility complications.  So for sure you are correct that saving lives takes precedent over a modesty concern, but like what I said above, there is not just one correct way to save lives.  So they don't necessarily need to do it this way.   But what can ya do.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2010, 08:06:11 AM »
You're right I was saying that saving lives by catching terrorists seemed more important than the modesty issue.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2010, 10:27:23 AM »
All I can say is, if they want to wear burkas, pray in mosques, and have their sharia law, they need to go back to where the hell they came from, because we will NOT tolerate it any longer! Why is this country so messed up? And if the liberals don't like it, send them over there too! >:(

Dawn ^^^^^^^^5 !

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2010, 01:40:11 PM »

You filthy infidel dogs haf no reich to scan my bombs!
You racist pigs!
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2010, 04:58:14 PM »

You filthy infidel dogs haf no reich to scan my bombs!
You racist pigs!

:laugh: