Author Topic: Only use the Kahane Haggada this Pesach  (Read 2716 times)

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
Re: Only use the Kahane Haggada this Pesach
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2010, 03:50:04 PM »
I do not understand why wonga66 is tolerated at this forum.

Each of his posts is aimed either at inciting strife within the Jewish people or at provoking conflicts between Jews and other nations.

He uses evrey dirty tactic possible: deceit, half-truth, taking words out of context, etc. etc. He does not hesitate to insult Torah sages.

He must be banned and not allowed to return under a new nickname.
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2010, 03:52:24 PM »

Well, if it is true, I do not like that image of the European landmarks being destroyed at all, it is ill conceived, I'd suggest they edit the book and replace the image with Mosques/Minarets going down, the Kabba and the Al Aqsa mosque crumbling.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2010, 06:26:59 PM »
As for my two cents:

From what I have learned concerning the messianic era there will be no need for these other structures. I think that the message of these pictures is that the west will no longer worship the almighty dollar, or any other currency of the nations. The symbols of western economic strength include those mentioned, and places like Wall Street and London. As the Roman empire crumbled the Jewish people spread out and flourished, even despite our wicked 'brothers' Ishmael and Essaus attempt to keep us down.

When Moshiach is amongst us we will flee from the wealth and the base pleasures which the western cultures cherish. Once again the knowledge of Hashem will fill the earth like water fills the oceans. When we read the Passover Haggadah we are told that we are to believe that 'we' ourselves have lived through the exodus of Egypt. In order to visualize this we must be able to see the symbols of power being destroyed, as the ancient children of Israel witnessed the utter decimation of the Egyptian system, the world power of its time, it crumbled before their eyes.

Remember that our ancestors were asked to take a sheep, and keep it inside for a week, and to slaughter it. The sheep was a G-d of Egypt and thus we were commanded to kill their G-d.... This is remembered on the Shabbat before Pesach...

http://www.jewfaq.org/special.htm
Shabbat Ha-Gadol

Shabbat Ha-Gadol is the Shabbat before Pesach (Passover). Traditionally, this was one of the few times of the year that a rabbi gave a lengthy sermon (in modern times, we get one every week). The sermon was usually about preparations for Pesach, and this special Shabbat commemorates a preparation for the original Pesach in Egypt. Shabbat Ha-Gadol (The Great Sabbath) commemorates the 10th day of Nissan, when the Hebrew slaves took the lambs that they were going to offer for Pesach and tied them up outside their homes, to keep until they offered it on the 14th (Ex. 12:3-6). According to tradition, this was a dangerous thing to do, because Egyptians worshipped sheep, but miraculously, instead of slaughtering the Hebrews, the Egyptians instead fought with each other over whether the Hebrews should be sent away already.

The special haftarah reading for this Shabbat is Malachi 3:4-24. This messianic prophecy regarding the end of days and the return of the prophet Elijah is read at this time because it is believed that Elijah will return at Pesach. This is why we include a cup for him in our seder rituals.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2010, 06:38:45 PM »
Don't forget that history hasn't played itself out yet. To call the West 'our friends' is premature. The western white Japhetic nations (Magog is Japhetic) will yet attempt to invade Israel - they will be destroyed as per Ezekiel 38. 'Rosh' (verse 2) is Russia - so the Kremlin in the picture definitely gets it! "I will assemble ALL the nations against Jerusalem to battle" (Zechariah 14) - "2/3rds in the earth will be cut off and die" (ibid 13).

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2010, 06:46:05 PM »
Don't forget that history hasn't played itself out yet. To call the West 'our friends' is premature. The western white Japhetic nations (Magog is Japhetic) will yet attempt to invade Israel - they will be destroyed as per Ezekiel 38. 'Rosh' (verse 2) is Russia - so the Kremlin in the picture definitely gets it! "I will assemble ALL the nations against Jerusalem to battle" (Zechariah 14) - "2/3rds in the earth will be cut off and die" (ibid 13).

What Rabbi Tovia Singer from Israel National News has said is that the 1/3 which survives is not exclusively Jews. It is possible that the wicked Jews will be killed with the wicked nations, and the righteous of the nations will survive along with the 1/3 which is not destroyed. Each soul will be judged on the merits of its decisions made in Olam Hazeh.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2010, 12:24:16 AM »
Wonga is right that such a picture exists in The Haggadah of The Jewish Idea. The English edition was published by David HaIvri, the former leader of Revava, which doesn't exist anymore. He published it while he ran HaMeir L'David, the former name of his Kahanist publishing house, prior to forming Revava. HaIvri is known to have views against Western Civilization and has been critical of JTF's goal to save Western Civilization.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2010, 12:45:05 AM »
I am studing Rabbi Binyamin Ze'ev Kahane ZT"L HY"D haggada. A great read and great studing. I try and study at least 3 hours a week if not more. The Commentaries are amazing I bought it from my friend Lenny Goldberg a former JDLer
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2010, 07:09:48 AM »
I am studing Rabbi Binyamin Ze'ev Kahane ZT"L HY"D haggada. A great read and great studing. I try and study at least 3 hours a week if not more. The Commentaries are amazing I bought it from my friend Lenny Goldberg a former JDLer

Awesome.  David, please check your private messages.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2010, 08:01:23 AM »
Wonga is right that such a picture exists in The Haggadah of The Jewish Idea. The English edition was published by David HaIvri, the former leader of Revava, which doesn't exist anymore. He published it while he ran HaMeir L'David, the former name of his Kahanist publishing house, prior to forming Revava. HaIvri is known to have views against Western Civilization and has been critical of JTF's goal to save Western Civilization.

Is the text itself written by Rabbi Binyamin, and Haivri added in the illustrations/footnotes etc?  Or is the text itself HaIvri's rendering of things that Rabbi Binyamin Kahane had said?   I would only be interested in the hagadah if Rabbi Binyamin Kahane (or his father) actually wrote the commentary.

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2010, 08:38:15 AM »
It says Daniel Pinner translated it. It is in BZK's style.

Although give credit where credit is due, I don't think Haivri (aka David Axelrod) is anywhere on the level of writing or annotating such a commentary.