Author Topic: Hollywood celebrities who support Israel  (Read 12177 times)

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
Hollywood celebrities who support Israel
« on: May 06, 2007, 12:42:24 AM »
This ad, signed by 84 celebrities, appeared in the Los Angeles Times on August 16th. Say what you want, but this is clear, unqualified, support of Israel, from people who we least expect it from. Sure there are names of giant [censored] like Murdoch and Redstone, but there are also some surprises like Serena Williams and Vivica Fox.

Perhaps these are people we can contact?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 12:45:33 AM by Trumpeldor »

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Hollywood celebrities who support Israel
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 12:44:16 AM »
I see so many leftists and shvartza anti semites on that list. That is not a pro israel list. Those people wouldn't go near a kahanist org
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 12:46:14 AM »
I see so many leftists and shvartza anti semites on that list. That is not a pro israel list.

You have to give credit where credit is due.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 01:02:27 AM »
Serena williams and vivicia fox both are illiterate for sure so the fact that their names are on there is a mistake.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 01:04:33 AM »
Serena williams and vivicia fox both are illiterate for sure so the fact that their names are on there is a mistake.

C'mon. What do you have against them? Certainly not their skin color...

Unless you have evidence they support Jackson/Sharpton/Farrakhan, leave 'em alone.

Crap, I spoke too soon. Fox supports Sharpton.

http://www.pernod-ricard-usa.com/media/pr.php?id=12&pr_id=51
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 01:06:37 AM by Trumpeldor »

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 01:05:53 AM »
Well the majority of blacks can't read so I am sticking with the majority.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 01:15:34 AM »
It doesnt hurt to try, you'd be shocked if you knew some of the people who give money to Kahanist organizations if they are asked.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 01:17:04 AM »
It doesnt hurt to try, you'd be shocked if you knew some of the people who give money to Kahanist organizations if they are asked.

Do you know something that I don't?

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2007, 01:20:41 AM »
I know of good programs in Israel that have gotten money from otherwise bad people
Ramban

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2007, 01:22:41 AM »
I know of good programs in Israel that have gotten money from otherwise bad people

Do you want to give some specifics? Or were you just making a general statement about being surprised when certain people give?

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2007, 01:23:51 AM »
I was thinking of how one of the Bronfmans gave a hundred thousand dollars to the Jews of Maoz HaYam to resist the expulsion from Gaza
Ramban

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2007, 01:29:12 AM »
I was thinking of how one of the Bronfmans gave a hundred thousand dollars to the Jews of Maoz HaYam to resist the expulsion from Gaza

I actually think the Birthright program is good. Everyone who goes, regardless of their politics, ends up with an increased love for the land and the people of Israel. The fact that it has inspired even one young person to make aliyah is a kiddush hashem.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2007, 03:18:06 AM »
I'm surprised no Jackie Mason.  He seems to be pretty solid, and I even read once that he supported Kahane for a brief period of time.  Does anyone have any information on that?

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2007, 04:19:27 AM »
This ad, signed by 84 celebrities, appeared in the Los Angeles Times on August 16th. Say what you want, but this is clear, unqualified, support of Israel, from people who we least expect it from. Sure there are names of giant deleted like Murdoch and Redstone, but there are also some surprises like Serena Williams and Vivica Fox.

Perhaps these are people we can contact?

I'm sorry, but from a dove like me, I'm not impressed AT ALL!  This list does not go far enough to lay complete blame on Lebanon and the muslim nazi terrorists. I would be more impressed if they were signing a document that put full blame on Lebanon and the muslim nazi terrorists. Any civilian that died in Lebanon due to being used as shields by Hezbollah deserved what was coming to them.  I wish Israel didnt show any restraint and annexed to the Litani river and removed all of the inhabitants.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2007, 04:21:26 AM »
I'm surprised no Jackie Mason.  He seems to be pretty solid, and I even read once that he supported Kahane for a brief period of time.  Does anyone have any information on that?

If you listen to the last ask jtf program, Chaim does not speak highly of Jackie Mason.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2007, 10:24:32 PM »
They forgot to include Gustav Schwarzenegger.
Where's Mel Gibson?

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Dissenter

• Full JTFer
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2007, 11:40:45 AM »
Where's Mel Gibson?

"Give Mel a break. What did you expect him to do, get drunk and say nice things about the Jews?" (Sarah Silverman)

Seriously, you should read between the lines of that ad. Notice that it says "democratic societies" - by which its supporters doubtless mean the Arabs who allegedly don't support Hamas.

You can read anything at all into that broadside, which is clearly designed to appeal to a far wider spectrum of Hollywood/Jewish types than will ever support Kahanism, and who doubtless largely revile it.

Nearly all of the well-known names on that list have participated in one way or another in the campaign to destroy America and Israel. Nicole Kidman, for example, recently made The Interpreter, starring Sean Penn as a Secret Service agent ;D and the UN as mankind's only hope for salvation. >:( (The movie was filmed at the UN, with its full cooperation.)

Likewise, "Sir" Ridley Scott recently made Kingdom of Heaven, a movie about Jerusalem, filmed in Muslim countries, without a single Jewish character. I guess that there weren't any Jews in Israel during the Crusades. But there was a merciful Muslim warlord named Saladin, wonderfully tolerant toward Christianity. He was played by a Syrian actor.

There are some decent signatories on the list, for example Patricia Heaton and Gary Sinese, both of whom have come under Hollyweird fire for their patriotism. (And I do admire Michael Mann, who made The Last of the Mohicans, a beautiful and truthful and moral film.) But all in all, it's no treasure trove of potential JTF supporters and contributors.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2007, 09:41:55 AM »

If you listen to the last ask jtf program, Chaim does not speak highly of Jackie Mason.

What did Mason do?

Offline WestCoastJTF

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Senior JTFer
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2007, 02:23:10 PM »

True.  But I think Jackie is reasonably well-described as a right-winger.  He did support Rabbi Kahane and did fundraisers for the JDL.  He's not as radical as Chaim by any means, he does not practice his faith, and ultimately he's interested in promoting Jackie Mason rather than any cause.  But he's sued Jews For Jesus, promoted Jerusalem as the Israeli capital, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_Mason

He may not be "on our side" but I certainly wouldn't lump him in with the typical left-wing.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2007, 04:50:19 PM »

True.  But I think Jackie is reasonably well-described as a right-winger.  He did support Rabbi Kahane and did fundraisers for the JDL.  He's not as radical as Chaim by any means, he does not practice his faith, and ultimately he's interested in promoting Jackie Mason rather than any cause.  But he's sued Jews For Jesus, promoted Jerusalem as the Israeli capital, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_Mason

He may not be "on our side" but I certainly wouldn't lump him in with the typical left-wing.

I don't think Mason is a bad guy. I think he is Conservative to a point. I think the problem is his acting career comes before his belief system. While not evil he is not JTF material.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2007, 05:51:36 AM »
Jackie Mason is a fraud. He promised to raise a bunch of money for Chaim and then played stupid about it. Plus he defends our beloved Mel Gibson.  ::)

As meaningless as that document and its signatories might be, I am somewhat surprised not to see Adam Sandler on it. He is a Republican and he donated a bunch of money last summer to Israeli war refugee children from the Hezbollah war so that they could get toys.

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2007, 11:04:55 AM »
Now bring out the bollywood list :laugh:

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2007, 11:53:24 AM »
Jackie Mason is a fraud. He promised to raise a bunch of money for Chaim and then played stupid about it. Plus he defends our beloved Mel Gibson.  ::)

As meaningless as that document and its signatories might be, I am somewhat surprised not to see Adam Sandler on it. He is a Republican and he donated a bunch of money last summer to Israeli war refugee children from the Hezbollah war so that they could get toys.
Perphaps Adam realized the document was a load, and just avoided it altogether
Ramban

Offline Asymmetry

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2007, 12:45:31 PM »
My only comment for this thread is that DownWithIslam's comments served no purpose and had not point and they do nothing to better this forum or any of it's participants cause.  Trumpledor, thank you for starting this conversation, this has been an interesting discussion.