Author Topic: Duncan Hunter  (Read 7947 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Duncan Hunter
« on: May 06, 2007, 06:22:09 AM »
http://patriotpost.us/alexander/edition.asp?id=530

Also, a page I found that's about him:  http://www.freerepublic.com/~ultrasonic007/

Unlike the globalist open-borders crowd, Hunter has a voting record for securing borders (he's responsible for a fence being built in San Diego), opposes bad trade deals like NAFTA and opposes trading with the deceiving China. 

Hunter also has by far the best military record among all the candidates. 

Offline Until Shiloh Comes

• Senior JTFer
Re: Duncan Hunter
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 02:20:20 PM »
Hi RationalThought, and good day to you.

Duncan Hunter seems like a good man, but he likes that charisma that unfortunately American voters demand of their Presidential candidates.  Wouldn't it be a blessing if Oklahoma Senator Tom Coburn decided to jump into the race?  He's a conservative that has the type of swagger that could captivate an audience. 

Perhaps JTF'ers can start a letter writing campaign, and try to convince him to jump in the race.  He's such a humble man, and he has promised not to run for Senator again in his next term, but this is a life and death election, and perhaps we can sway him.

Psalm 53:2 "The fool hath said in his heart, 'There is no G-D.'"

Offline Asymmetry

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 03:28:58 AM »
I have met Duncan Hunter personally and seemed to be a good man, however I agree with his lack of charisma.  Another problem with Rep Hunter is that someone who is not educated and knowledgeable of his politics would rule him out due to the "sounds a lot like Bush" factor.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 09:08:27 PM »
I have met Duncan Hunter personally and seemed to be a good man, however I agree with his lack of charisma.  Another problem with Rep Hunter is that someone who is not educated and knowledgeable of his politics would rule him out due to the "sounds a lot like Bush" factor.

Once people get to know him, they should realize that he certainly doesn't agree with Bush on everything. 

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 09:12:42 PM »
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55609

WND wouldn't promote him if they didn't like his positions. 

Offline Asymmetry

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 10:31:09 PM »
I met both he and Ike Skelton actually.  Ike Skelton and people like him are very bad for America, in my humble opinion.  They are like 10 year olds who are humming with their fingers in their ears.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 12:51:47 AM »
I met both he and Ike Skelton actually.  Ike Skelton and people like him are very bad for America, in my humble opinion.  They are like 10 year olds who are humming with their fingers in their ears.

Care to explain?

Offline Asymmetry

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 07:37:51 PM »
Everyone knows the type of politician I am referring to.  The type that ignores common sense and think they are doing the country a favor.  I could go into more detail but it is a long and boring story.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 06:46:29 PM »
Everyone knows the type of politician I am referring to.  The type that ignores common sense and think they are doing the country a favor.  I could go into more detail but it is a long and boring story.

I've heard Hunter speak.  I have no idea what you're talking about so I have to disagree with you.

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 03:40:52 AM »
I have to say that he has very efficient people running his campaign. Within a week of signing up to support him I received campaign stickers, buttons and letters. From what I've read and heard I genuinely like him. I hope I'm not jumping to conclusions too soon. He's somebody I'd back 110% if only he had a viable chance of winning the Republican nomination.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 08:12:49 PM »
Hi,
   I have to agree with you all who support Duncan Hunter in ’08.
The last Rep. Presidential Debate last week proved that he is the most serious and determinate candidate to solve the tough issues from Immigration, Islamic Terrorism ,and our dependence on Arab Oil.
No one is even close to representing the same views as JTF, well perhaps Tom Tancredo but he has some issue with his campaign manager.
                                                  Take care,
                                                     Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 09:30:05 PM »
Hi,
   I have to agree with you all who support Duncan Hunter in ’08.
The last Rep. Presidential Debate last week proved that he is the most serious and determinate candidate to solve the tough issues from Immigration, Islamic Terrorism ,and our dependence on Arab Oil.
No one is even close to representing the same views as JTF, well perhaps Tom Tancredo but he has some issue with his campaign manager.
                                                  Take care,
                                                     Dan

A problem with Duncan Hunter's campaign is that so far, he hasn't come anywhere close to the money that the top few fund-raising campaigns have done.  Romney lacked name recognition among many people but due to his high amounts of fund-raising so far, he's released commercials onto cable news stations. 

Some people think that someone like Hunter has no chance because he's unknown.  But that could easily be changed if his name recognition could improve. 

I think many people would agree that the top priority in picking a candidate should not be whether the think the candidate is charismatic enough.  Picking the best candidate among the most vital issues is what matters and Hunter is the one who fits this role. 

So the first step needs to be to raise Hunter's name recognition among as many conservatives as possible. 

There's a popular site with a forum known as freerepublic.com

Would you be willing to help promote Hunter's name recognition on that site? 

Some conservatives already know about Hunter but he needs more name recognition to start moving up in the polls. 

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2007, 08:37:14 AM »
I have to say that he has very efficient people running his campaign. Within a week of signing up to support him I received campaign stickers, buttons and letters. From what I've read and heard I genuinely like him. I hope I'm not jumping to conclusions too soon. He's somebody I'd back 110% if only he had a viable chance of winning the Republican nomination.

If conservatives believe that he can't get the Republican nomination because he currently doesn't have enough name recognition, then he won't win it.  If conservatives believe he can win and help show other conservatives why he's a better candidate than the rest, his name recognition will gradually increase. 

You're not jumping to conclusions too soon. 

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2007, 09:22:48 AM »
I would very much like to promote Duncan Hunter, so please tell me The best way to go forward in doing this.
I noticed that Ann Colter has been promoting him as her favorite candidate for President, but I still think that his message hasn't reached far enough to count yet.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2007, 10:01:50 AM »
I would very much like to promote Duncan Hunter, so please tell me The best way to go forward in doing this.
I noticed that Ann Colter has been promoting him as her favorite candidate for President, but I still think that his message hasn't reached far enough to count yet.

I was banned from a popular conservative forum called "Free Republic".  I wasn't given any reason for the ban.  The mods there act like jerks.  I didn't saying anything bad. I just called Geraldo Rivera a hater.  Others there used worse language to refer to Rivera and others, but I got banned.

Anyway, many of the conservatives there have been annoyed with McCain for years.  They're trying to smear Giuliani's campaign.  I think they know Romney has flip-flopped on many issues. 

So they mostly aren't going for the candidates declares as the favorites for the GOP nomination.  There are some there who are already supporting Hunter. 

However, many there think that Fred Thompson is the candidate that conservatives should support.  They're forgetting Fred's record from when he was a senator. 

Tell them how Fred Thompson is like his evil leftwing mentor Howard Baker, the Senate majority leader from Tennessee, who supported the amnesty for illegal aliens in the 1980s, opposed Ronald Reagan for being "too rightwing", and was adored by the liberal news media for being a "moderate" (leftist). Thompson worked for Baker and supported him for president. Thompson's best friend in the Senate was John McCain.  In fact, Fred Thompson campaigned for McCain in 2000. 

Tell them that the candidate who represents them is Duncan Hunter, not Fred Thompson.

Hunter has been a loyal conservative for years and his voting record proves it.

The statements Thompson has been saying lately have been for political gain just like Romney making commercials about how is against the amnesty bill, despite the fact that last year, he supported McCain-Kennedy. 

The site is freerepublic.com     In the search feature, you could type in  Thompson and click on "order by post time" and find a recent Thompson thread. 

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 09:16:36 AM »
Duncan Hunter really seems good.Tancados campaign manager is Bay Buchanan
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 10:21:23 AM »
Duncan Hunter really seems good.Tancados campaign manager is Bay Buchanan

One good thing Bay Buchanan recently did was write a book about Hillary.

Offline Duncan

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 05:55:57 PM »
I'd have to go with Duncan Hunter, then Tom Tancredo. I'm not to sure about the CFR/Globalist Fred Thompson. He could secure a republican win, but would he turn out to be another 'Bush'??

I could see Duncan/Rudy as a ticket, or maybe Duncan/Condy, or Duncan/Ron as a ticket. Eventhough Ron Paul seems a little "out there" to some, he is a Constitutionalist first and foremost.
Proverbs 1:22 - “How long, you simple ones, will you love simplicity? For scorners delight in their scorning, And fools hate knowledge."

كافر | ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ | WOLVERINES!

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2007, 06:26:16 PM »
I second that, Duncan Hunter ALL the way in '08!

Offline ScotcH

• Senior JTFer
  • The burden that hath befallen Man ...
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2007, 04:09:51 PM »
Yes...I agree with all the endorsements...But does anybody remember what happened to TRUE Right-Winger George Wallace who was adored by the "Deep South" in the 60s ?  :'(
Hint: There was a loud BANG Involved !
SUBMISSION IS DEATH !

Offline SanDiegoShana

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2007, 05:28:41 PM »
Yes, Duncan Hunter is a true conservative, but he's not raising any money in comparison to the big guys....and unfortunately, that usually translates to unelectable...

:(

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2007, 06:05:00 PM »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2007, 12:10:54 AM »
thanks Mord, I just went on Duncan's site and I liked it!
It's full of info on his campaign and way we can help promote him

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2007, 12:26:44 AM »
http://www.gohunter08.com/
This guy sounds like the best in the bunch. I wish something were to happen that would give him a boost. Thanks for the link mord.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2007, 01:22:12 PM »
Yes he's excellent and he does'nt whine for more time like Ron Paul and some others

Shot at 2010-01-03