Author Topic: Ask JTF for Sunday, March 28, 2010  (Read 10810 times)

Offline Fighting For Truth

• Junior JTFer
Re: Ask JTF for Sunday, March 28, 2010
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2010, 10:09:49 AM »
Shalom Chaim.

Can you explain to me about the Khazars?
First who were they? What made them interested in Judaism? Were they good Jewish believers? And finally, what did the original Jewish people who originally came from the land of Israel use to think of them during those times?

Thank you Chaim.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 05:53:19 PM by Fighting For Truth »

Offline tron77

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2010, 10:45:41 AM »
Who do you think will run for president against Hussein in 2012? Also, my uncle says Rham Emanual is just put into Husseins cabinet as a way to trick Jews. I agree completely, but how can someone who served in the IDF, be so blind as to the dangers facing Israel? What is his motivation?

PS, in buying Rav Khanes books, it seems all of them are out of print, and very hard to find. Why not update the beginnings of the books and reprint them so people can learn as the books are still valid?

Chag Sameach

Chiam,

Tron

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2010, 10:54:56 AM »
Dear Chaim,

Thank you for your thoughtful commentary on our questions every week.  It's always a pleasure to listen to your frank wisdom.

My questions for the week:
1)  Have you ever had a liberal or libertarian friend that you liked and considered a "good friend?"
2)  What are your personal prerequisites for friendship.  For myself, loyalty and honesty are big ones.
3)  What is your take on the interactions between Benjamin Netanyahu, B. Hussein O. and the proverbial slap across the face Hussein gave to Netanyahu?  As I read the details of the events surrounding the week, I very much had the image of Netanyahu being slapped across the face publicly, not once but several times?  Agree/ Disagree/ some of each and why?

Thanks as always, JTFE

Offline imaknick

• Full JTFer
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2010, 05:25:47 PM »
A couple of weeks ago an article in the NY post reported that a hasidic rabbi claims that lox is not kosher because of parasites that are on lox. what is your opinion on this? Do we need a microscope determine something not to be kosher? do you like lox?

Offline Yaacov Ben Yehuda

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2010, 05:51:59 PM »
Shalom Chaim and Chag Pesach Sameach!

1. Have you heard about the recently renovated Maimonadies synogogue in Cairo that was just deemed illegal for Jews to worship in it by the Egyptian authorities?!?!  If this isnt a nazi act I dont know what is...and then they call Israel an apartheid state...unbelievable!  What do you think the Jewish community of Egypt should do in response, as well as the Israeli government, ie. the foreign ministry.?

2. A friend of mine just came back from a trip to Laos, and brought back as a souvineer gift,  a bottle of what's called snake whisky.  Basically it's a bottle of whisky (alcohol), with a carcass of a cobra snake soaking inside the bottle, marinating in the whisky.  I would never actually drink this disgusting beverage, but am wondering if even having something like this sitting in my home, on my shelf is against the Torah?  To me its just a cool thing to have, but if the possession of this goes counter to the laws in the Torah then i'll give it away to a non Jew.  Your thoughts?

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2010, 06:15:51 PM »
Hey chaim...

1) whats your favourite fish to eat?

2) whats your favourite soup

3)whats your favourite meat to eat?

4) If god commanded you to have only one food for the rest of your life, whoch food would it be and why??

Offline Pedram.

• New JTFer
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2010, 06:50:52 PM »
What do you think of General Petraeus and his managing of Iraq? Do you think that if America invades Iran the Iranian people would cooperate with America to bring a new peaceful and democratic government?