Author Topic: Surviving nuclear fallout  (Read 4617 times)

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
Re: Surviving nuclear fallout
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2010, 09:02:59 PM »
They called Noah crazy, remember that.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2010, 12:25:27 AM »
Massuh thanks for all the good advice and information!

Hannah, I was thinking about Noah too, and how people were desperate to get into the ark, but it was too late.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2010, 03:19:55 AM »
So a huge submarine with thick outer cladding of Lead can be one of the answers, as it may neither be effected by thermal shock, pressure wave, radiation nor by global sea rising if any and may also be safer from the ensuing tsunamis in case.   
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2010, 08:58:51 AM »
So a huge submarine with thick outer cladding of Lead can be one of the answers, as it may neither be effected by thermal shock, pressure wave, radiation nor by global sea rising if any and may also be safer from the ensuing tsunamis in case.   

Good idea now how would I ever afford a huge submarine?  ;D

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2010, 09:32:52 AM »

Good idea now how would I ever afford a huge submarine?  ;D

In case I am not theologically wrong, that is the difference between we people and Noah.  ;D
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2010, 09:56:28 AM »

... What is a sanitary, realistic way of disposing of solid and liquid human waste that won't cause illness to those inside or outside the shelter? I'd like to learn what the standard advice for what this is. I have no survival training at all and that's why I'm so ignorant about this...

Thats easy, there's products which address that issue. http://www.thereadystore.com/emergency-preparedness-basics/emergency-need/sanitation-and-hygiene/deluxe-all-in-one-survival-kit-2-person
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2010, 10:17:53 AM »
In some cases the fear of nuclear war may be more damaging than the nuclear war itself. Fears shall be kept minimum and limited only to the respective religious guidelines. 

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2010, 10:25:34 AM »
Thanks New Yorker. I'll save that link

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2010, 10:41:15 AM »
In some cases the fear of nuclear war may be more damaging than the nuclear war itself. Fears shall be kept minimum and limited only to the respective religious guidelines. 

Nobody is sitting all day wringing their hands worrying about it, we're just getting prepared. Like the saying goes, hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst.

A nuke going off isn't my number one concern, the disintegration of society into lawlessness after economic collapse is what concerns me; As I see the writing on the wall for this with no action being done to avert it. I want to be out of this city if it happens because it will be hell on earth here, can you imagine all those useless immoral people with no electricity and empty grocery stores? Instead of pulling together with their neighbors, I expect they'll feed on each other like animals. 

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2010, 10:44:59 AM »
Thanks New Yorker. I'll save that link

Bookmark this one, they're better, better deals. http://beprepared.com/

And since we were on the subject before, here's the section that deals with poo sanitation. http://beprepared.com/category.asp_Q_c_E_420_A_c2c_E_ln_A_name_E_Sanitation&Hygiene  ^-^

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2010, 11:11:29 AM »
Thanks New Yorker that site does have better prices. Even if I don't buy anything right now, I can start putting money aside for just that purpose, and deciding how to put my emergency kit together. I worry a lot sometimes about the food supply becoming contaminated so having some MREs on hand in a situation like that would be good.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2010, 11:33:07 AM »
Thanks New Yorker that site does have better prices. Even if I don't buy anything right now, I can start putting money aside for just that purpose, and deciding how to put my emergency kit together. I worry a lot sometimes about the food supply becoming contaminated so having some MREs on hand in a situation like that would be good.

Actually I'm going to invest in bulk foods, very economical, a lot of bang for the buck with a very long shelf life. They sell what they call Superpails, 6 gallon 50 lb pails, of rice, beans, lentils, powdered milk, oats etc, etc. http://beprepared.com/category.asp?c=79&start=0&image.x=23&image.y=10

The food will last you a lot longer than MRE's, the quantity is huge for the same money. And if we get past 2012 the next election with the country and society intact, and make a recovery to normalcy, well then, you have rice n' beans n' milk to use. lol.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 12:19:21 PM by New Yorker »

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2010, 11:52:47 AM »
so very true, they mocked and scorned him, until they realized he was right all along, then it was too late.

Massuh thanks for all the good advice and information!

Hannah, I was thinking about Noah too, and how people were desperate to get into the ark, but it was too late.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2010, 11:54:43 AM »
Regarding bathroom sanitation...a good thing to set up is a paint bucket (one of those five gallon white ones you can get at a Home Depot or Ace Hardware....add sawdust to it and a toilet seat.

Walah....

Instant porta potty.

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2010, 12:35:48 PM »
I don't know how seriously to take him, but he was right on a lot of things. There's a Christian guy named Jack van Impe who has been talking about prophecy from a Christian perspective for years and I used to watch him a lot years ago and saw his projections come true about the EU, etc. One of the things he said many years ago was that the end might come in 2012-2015. Granted, that was a safe prediction for him to make considering he was making it several years in advance, but as the year draws closer, I am definitely wary.

I'd be curious what the Jewish perspective is about Bible prophecies that could possibly come true soon.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2010, 09:43:54 PM »
Rubystars:  "I'd be curious what the Jewish perspective is about Bible prophecies that could possibly come true soon."

Rubystars, when Jesus's disciples asked him to tell them of what to expect for the End Times, his answer was a verbatim reiteration of the prophecies of the Jewish Prophets of the "Tanach".

In other words, the Christians whole concept of End Times is borrowed hook, line, and sinker from the Jews. 

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2010, 10:50:57 PM »
Thank you Massuh. A lot has happened in 2000 years though and I thought there might have been some rabbinical commentaries or other things that would lend a different Jewish perspective on the matters though.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2010, 11:04:12 PM »
Rubystars:  "I'd be curious what the Jewish perspective is about Bible prophecies that could possibly come true soon."

Rubystars, when Jesus's disciples asked him to tell them of what to expect for the End Times, his answer was a verbatim reiteration of the prophecies of the Jewish Prophets of the "Tanach ".

In other words, the Christians whole concept of End Times is borrowed hook, line, and sinker from the Jews. 

Actually their belief is a little different. The Jewish version of Armegedon is called Gog And MaGog and involves a great war. All the nations will rise against Israel and many Jews will question their belief. It will seem like the odds are heavily against Israel and the true Jews will be tested. Those righteous Gentiles who stand with Israel will be dealt with kindly and they may survive the obscene annhililation which will occur should this war start.

I believe that a majority of the worlds population may perish. But Moshiach will have arrived at this point and the Jewish nation {those whose faith withstood the great temptation} will be redeemed.

Let me find some references here:

http://www.chabad.org/multimedia/media_cdo/aid/604668/jewish/The-War-of-Gog-and-Magog.htm

The Battle of Gog and Magog

By Naftali Silberberg

The prophet Ezekiel (chapters 38-39) describes a climactic battle that will be instigated by Gog and/of Magog, and will be waged against Israel and G‑d. The defeat of Gog and Magog will precipitate the Messianic Redemption. It is difficult to dwell on this topic because it is so shrouded in mystery. We are uncertain as to the identity of Gog and Magog, whether Gog and Magog are the names of nations or individuals, whether this battle will be a physical or spiritual battle, and even whether it has already occurred or not.

Some say that Elijah will arrive before the war of Gog and Magog, while others say that he will arrive three days prior to the revelation of Moshiach.

According to tradition, the central personality in this war is Moshiach ben Yosef—Moshiach of the tribe of Joseph. Jewish tradition speaks of two redeemers, each one called Moshiach. Both are involved in ushering in the Messianic Era. They are Moshiach ben David and Moshiach ben Yosef. (The unqualified term "Moshiach," however, belongs exclusively to Moshiach ben David, the ultimate redeemer.)

Moshiach ben Yosef will be killed in the war against Gog and Magog. Again, it is unclear whether the death will be in physical battle, or as a result of the spiritual battles which he will wage against the forces of evil. Either way, the prophet Zechariah (12:10) describes the national mourning that will follow his death.

Apparently, though, the death of Moshiach ben Yosef is not inevitable. The master-kabbalist Rabbi Isaac Luria, known as the Arizal, said that when saying in the Amidah the words, "speedily establish the throne of Your servant David," one should beseech G‑d that Moshiach ben Yosef should not die in the course of his struggles.

According to certain sources, Moshiach be Yosef will serve as Moshiach ben David's viceroy. Thus finally bringing to an end the schism between the northern Ten Tribes, which were ruled by Joseph's descendants, and the Kingdom of Judea, which was ruled by the Davidic dynasty.

http://ohr.edu/ask_db/ask_main.php/324/Q1/

Dear Rabbi,
        Is this the end of the world?

Dear Jim,
    Is what the end of the world?

A principle of Jewish faith is the belief in "mashiach," a messianic era in which the world reaches a state of tikun and perfection. Rather than a twisted gnarl of meaninglessness, history is a meaningful yet misunderstood process approaching ever closer to its perfection.

This revolutionary idea is the gift to mankind from the Jew. The words emblazoned on the United Nations building, "They will beat their swords into plowshares and spears into pruning hooks; nation will not lift sword against nation, nor will they learn war anymore," is the vision of a fifth century B.C.E. Sabbath-observant, kashrut-observant Jew, Isaiah. He lived Israel. He said it in Hebrew.

This war-less world will be "at the end of days" (Isaiah 2:4) when the nations will realize that Judaism and the Torah are true and that the Jews are chosen to convey the Torah's message to the world. Everyone will look to Jerusalem and the Jews for direction; all war will cease because everyone will submit to Jewish sovereignty under the rulership of a benevolent, enlightened monarch, the mashiach.

Does this look like it's about to happen?

Still, the great turmoil, mass destruction and the "War of Gog and Magog" which are to precede the great era of peace have all been predicted in our sources; according to prophecies in our Bible and Rabbinic writings, the nations will wage war against each other and against Jerusalem, and the descendants of Ishmael will wage war against all the other nations of the world.

Does this look like it's about to happen?

The great Sage Rabbi Yisrael Meir Kagan, known as the "Chafetz Chaim," said that "Gog and Magog" would be a three-stage process, stage one of which was the first World War. He predicted that another war even more devastating would follow in about 25 years (WWII) and said that this war would be stage two, after which there would eventually come a third war.

So, on the one hand, when we look at the horizon, we definitely don't see a peace-filled utopia anywhere out there. On the other hand, Jewish tradition tells us that it is there, and that each day brings us one day closer to it. And just as one hour and a half on September 11th seemed to change the whole world for the worse, so too can the world ever so quickly change for the infinitely better.

Isaiah 2:4
    Shemot Rabba 1
    Zecharia 14
    Ezekiel 38
    Zohar Chadash Shir Hashirim 10
    Lev Eliyahu Shemot p172
    Chafetz Chaim story related by Rabbi Shimon Schwab, zatzal, who witnessed the incident

And one more:

http://www.shemayisrael.com/parsha/orchards/archives/vaera62.htm
For the those of you who are two weeks ahead of the rest of us, in Beshalach, Pharaoh is going to be told the Jews are wandering aimlessly in the desert and are trapped at the edge of the sea and Pharaoh’s heart will harden one more time and he’ll round up 600 chariots and pursue Israel. Where in the Nile did he find animals to pull those chariots? From the   G-d fearing people! These people get credit for their fear of G-d?

When Pharaoh asks Moshe to stop the Barad Moshe says (9:29), “When I leave the city I shall spread out my hands to Hashem.” The Ramban says to end the first 6 plagues Moshe prayed from his house. This time he wanted to spread out his hands to Hashem so he went out of the city. Why suddenly such a dramatic change in praying to Hashem?

To begin to understand the answers to all these questions we need to understand a remarkable Midrash on the words (9:33), “The thunder ceased and the hail and rain did not reach the earth.” The Midrash says the hail is yet suspended mid air and will fall on Gog and Magog in the days of the Mashiach. In other words, the hail and rain did not stop by its heavenly production ceasing and what was already produced fell to the ground. Every hailstone ceased to exist [from our physical realm] in its place. The Midrash is telling us that when the time is right every single stone will reappear and undoubtedly pummel Gog and Magog as were pummeled the people and livestock of Egypt 3313 years ago. That’s gotta hurt.

The 38th and 39th chapters of Yechezkel foretell the inevitable battle between Gog, of the land of Magog, alongside a multitude of other nations, and Israel. A war that will be fought in the land of Israel and whose conclusion will be the end of all the enemies of Israel and a heralding of the Messianic era.

Holy writings of recent Sages say the battle will be over Jerusalem. However the verses will be physically manifest, there exists a deeper meaning to the words. If the conclusion of the war will be the world’s awareness of Hashem and the onset of the Messianic era, then the war is regarding just that. Not only is it a war of swords and arrows, it is also a war of words. Words of denial and heresy against Hashem and against His anointed one. Enemies of Israel don’t only raise their fists against Israel. They also raise doubts in the minds and hearts of Israel. As it is written in Psalms 2:1-2 (which Rashi says alludes to the war to end all wars), “Why do nations gather and regimes talk in vain? The kings of the earth take their stand and the princes conspire secretly against Hashem and against His anointed one.”

Getting back to the parsha, commentaries discuss how the 10 plagues correlate to the 10 sfiros- spiritual spheres or realms which envelope the world. In one sense the sfiros are like veils masking Hashems awesome presence, which allows us and the universe to exist. The first utterance of creation created the first, outermost veil. The second utterance created the next veil in. By the 10th utterance the world and all its contents were in place and we were in position to make a choice. Is the world a cosmic glitch or is their a Stage Designer behind the scenes waiting to reveal Himself?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 11:11:36 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2010, 11:25:05 PM »
I just remembered reading an article about one of this country's earliest "Survivalists" who was an heir to a huge fortune earned by his family.  The actual name and business escapes me at the moment, but this man was perhaps the earliest "bug out patriot" and I believe he was the founder of the 1950's anti-Communist group which called itself "The Minutemen" (no relationship to the modern border patrol group of the same name).  He would elude the Feds when they were searching for him to arrest him by taking off into the desert and wilderness on foot, and survive very well for months on end.  In an interview, he said that to stock up on long term storage rations and the other 'survival' food products sold today was, in his opinion, a big waste of money.  He said that all that is necessary for human health/survival over sustained long periods was to buy 100 lb. or larger quantity bags of dry dog food!  He claimed that it is storable, portable, cheap in cost, and both highly nutritious as well as high calorie.  Having myself tried eating it, I can't say I enjoyed it, but in terms of survival nutrition and being cost efficient it's certainly worth considering, and certain to taste better the hungrier you get! 

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2010, 11:32:17 PM »
He eluded the Feds until he ate the dog food.  They they collared him!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2010, 11:34:18 PM »
It seems like it would be smarter to get primate chow than dog food. I think primate chow plus vegetables for fiber (that can be grown in a garden or harvested wild), would be enough to sustain you. However there was a guy who tried to live on primate chow and he said the taste was so awful that he couldn't do it for long.

Of course he wasn't starving either.

Massuh thank you for giving this information. I think it's important to know about every possible food source if facing starvation. If everything else in the grocery store is looted for example there might be some pet foods left, or people might not think to raid Petco or Petsmart, where perfectly edible food in a survival situation might be found.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 11:40:56 PM by Rubystars »

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2010, 03:03:07 AM »
To safeguard against any such eventualities, actually Tunguska-1000 should be liberally and profusely applied on all muslamic cities. 

At least for another 1000 years nobody is going to understand as to who did it and how and why. 
 ;D :laugh: :::D

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=141369

Hmmm... this might be some reconnaissance mission searching for Madina at the wrong places.
;D

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2010, 08:15:07 AM »
In my opinion, to Tunguska all the Moham cities without first spraying thousands of tons of aerosol LSD-25 over them would be equivalent to euthanizing animals without first administering a medication to relax them, and this would be committing acts of animal cruelty!

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2010, 12:49:34 PM »
Ive got 3 apple trees, two cherry trees, a pear tree and a crabapple tree in my yard.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל