Author Topic: Concealed Weapons Bill Closer To Reality In Arizona  (Read 3459 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Concealed Weapons Bill Closer To Reality In Arizona
« on: April 14, 2010, 10:55:53 PM »
http://www.personalliberty.com/news/concealed-weapons-bill-closer-to-reality-in-arizona-19713932/

Lawmakers in the Arizona House of Representatives have adopted a bill that, if signed by the state’s governor, will allow people to carry concealed weapons without a permit, making the currently required background checks and classes unnecessary.

The bill was passed in a 36-19 vote, and if Governor Jan Brewer signs it, as some commentators expect she will, Arizona will join Alaska and Vermont as the only three states that do not require permits to carry concealed weapons. Two states ban them altogether, and the remaining 45 require such permits.

In response to critics who say this may increase access to guns for law-breakers, Republican Representative David Gowan, one of the sponsors of the bill, said that "what’s dangerous is when they’re [only] in criminals’ hands, not citizens’ hands."

The vote comes as Students for Concealed Carry on Campus (SCCC), a support organization, is winding down its week-long protest against laws and policies banning licensed concealed guns on school premises.

According to SCCC, during the five-day event college students across America strapped on empty holsters in an act of silent protest.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline joshua

• Full JTFer
Re: Concealed Weapons Bill Closer To Reality In Arizona
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 03:04:31 PM »
I wonder if it will deter the school shootings on our college campuses?  I think concealed carry is a good idea.

I think "Every Jew a .22" is more important now than most realize.  There are too many Jew haters on campuses right now, and we can't be too careful.

Offline Linda

• New JTFer
Re: Concealed Weapons Bill Closer To Reality In Arizona
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 11:03:24 PM »
I was told that we here in Arizona can legally carry concealed weapons as after July 29.  Until then, only criminals have that privilege. ;)  Does anyone know where on this site there might be mention of survival communities organizing?  I've long wanted a community of like-minded individuals to survive the coming bad times together.  I have open pollinated vegetable seeds and herbal knowledge.  We grow a lot of vegetable crops here in AZ and if there is another ice age, the last one went down as far as St. Louis so we're good on that.  Arizona has a lot of underground water for wells.  Where I live, the summer nights cool down comfortably and winters are mild.  While we do have the illegals problem, they usually drive on through my county and head up to Phoenix and elsewhere.  There are only 100K people in this entire county, so it's a relatively good place to be, lots of Mormon farmers and such, and several temples within driving distances and lots and lots o'churches.  Have your people call my people.  I have 140 canning jars and some other supplies.  We need to get started soon because time is short.  Land is relatively cheap here too.  Come on down.  I know some Native Americans and they have been getting ready for The Great Purification as they call it, for a while now.  They know how to live off the land.  We are on a techtonic plate here in AZ so earthquakes are minimal if any.  There hasn't been one anywhere near here since the 1800s.  We have a rainy season in the summer so all the natural crop watering you could want.  I did a lot of research and picked here for a variety of reasons.  I just don't have a bunker, which is where you come in (you being whoever is reading this. haha).