Author Topic: Don't mess with Hashem  (Read 1627 times)

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
Don't mess with Hashem
« on: April 17, 2010, 10:07:10 PM »
Friday, 16 April 2010

The Long Arm of Hashem's Justice

Some people think they're smart, like the British folks who run the British Advertising Standards Authority (ASA). The day before yesterday, the senseless stuffed-shirts declared that the Western Wall and the site of our Holy Temple in Jerusalem are not part of Israel, banning Israeli Tourist adverts that included photos of these holy sites.

The bumbling Brits didn't realize that when you mess around with Jerusalem and the Wall, you mess around with Hashem.

"Aha, Great Britain - are you so brazen to discourage tourism to My Holy City?" Hashem asks. "You question My children's right to their Father's palace? You shall not have a single tourist entering or leaving your silly Island!"

So what did Hashem do?

Hashem let a remote volcano in Iceland erupt, from the Icelandic mountain Eyjaffjalljokull, whose ash cloud grounded all air traffic above Britain yesterday, leaving thousands of passengers stranded. You see, the microscopic particles which make up volcanic ash pose a threat to aircraft because they can affect visibility and get sucked into aircraft engines, causing total breakdown.

No one remembers when British airspace was totally closed. Such a natural phenomena as an atmospheral ash cloud is one in a zillion. But, Hashem in implementing His Divine justice is defying statistics more and more as we get closer to Moshiach.

Britain's air traffic service said late Thursday it was extending a ban on most air traffic until 1200GMT (8 a.m EDT) Friday, this morning. Meanwhile the financial losses and the chaos is mindboggling.

Who else wants to fool around with Hashem and Jerusalem?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Don't mess with Hashem
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 10:10:13 PM »
That truly is Divine Justice.  ;D

Moshe92

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 10:57:40 PM »
That was a very good piece. Did you write it?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 11:30:52 PM »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 02:19:26 AM »
You are right, Mo.!!!!

I was on a talk show today, the title was "Is G-d mad?" and I said yes, of course.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 07:26:01 AM »
Before we make final conclusions of Gd's justice, and while this COULD be Gd's punishment, do the Brits even realize this was done because of their treatment of Israel?  Just like the 10 plauges, the egyptians knew it was because of their treatment of the Israelites, but still said "no" and it followed by more plagues. If the ash is meant to change the brits' minds, which I doubt it will and this is the only punishment, what's the point of Gd just doing this specific punishment only?  Isn't the point of the volcano for britian to realize their ways?

Well it remains to be seen what plagues come next, if they do.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 09:35:22 AM »
Re:  Ha'Shem's Answer

I enjoyed reading this article, and would very much like to "believe" it as truth, its premise fitting most conveniently into my personal world view as well as my understanding of the events preceding the Final Redemption.

However, I can not accept it as any other than Rabbi Brody's personal opinion, and my reasoning is as follows:

I find it presumptive and arrogant to a degree bordering on blasphemy for a Jew who is not a Patriarch or Prophet to claim that there is a definite linkage between the Icelandic volcano's eruption and the UK's unfair treatment of the Israeli Office of Tourism.

For Rabbi Lazer Brody to write and publish such a claim infers that he is personally and intimately privy to the mind, judgements, and actions of Ha'Shem, and by extension will inform the rest of us about such matters.

In my opinion it would have been far better had Lazer Brody presented his readers with the question:

"Might the volcanic eruption in Iceland indeed be Ha'Shem's reply to the UK for its position towards Jerusalem?" ...

Then the author could provide the relevant scriptural passages with links with which to argue in the affirmative for such a position.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 10:30:51 AM »
Re:  Ha'Shem's Answer

I enjoyed reading this article, and would very much like to "believe" it as truth, its premise fitting most conveniently into my personal world view as well as my understanding of the events preceding the Final Redemption.

However, I can not accept it as any other than Rabbi Brody's personal opinion, and my reasoning is as follows:

I find it presumptive and arrogant to a degree bordering on blasphemy for a Jew who is not a Patriarch or Prophet to claim that there is a definite linkage between the Icelandic volcano's eruption and the UK's unfair treatment of the Israeli Office of Tourism.

For Rabbi Lazer Brody to write and publish such a claim infers that he is personally and intimately privy to the mind, judgements, and actions of Ha'Shem, and by extension will inform the rest of us about such matters.

In my opinion it would have been far better had Lazer Brody presented his readers with the question:

"Might the volcanic eruption in Iceland indeed be Ha'Shem's reply to the UK for its position towards Jerusalem?" ...

Then the author could provide the relevant scriptural passages with links with which to argue in the affirmative for such a position.

If you understand where Rabbi Lazer Brody is coming from you will understand why he says it like he does.... I have been a listener of Rabbi Brody for many years... He is one of the leading Rabbis of the Breslev sect of Chassidus and heads one of their Yeshivas in Jerusalem.... The main focus of Rabbi Brody is to strengthen the Jews Emmunah / Faith/Belief... He always says that everything which happens is a result of Hashems mastery of the world. Emmunah requires us to believe that nothing is coincidence and nothing that happens is outside the will of Hashem. As a result it is not difficult to conclude that the recent problems Europe is having is probrobly a result of the british antisemitism.

Check out more Breslev ideas at http://www.breslev.co.il

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 10:37:22 AM »
Just an example of Breslevs ideas on Emmunah:

http://www.breslev.co.il/articles/spirituality_and_faith/spiritual_growth/additional_ways_of_building_emuna.aspx?id=1854&language=english

We are learning how to build our emuna. In the previous excerpt we have illustrated the vital benefit of being in constant dialogue with HaShem by thanking and asking for all of our needs – from the material to the spiritual. This way we constantly reinforce the truth that it is HaShem alone who provides for all of our needs and no one else, including ourselves!

Crying Out to Hashem

Rebbe Nachman of Breslev teaches (Rebbe Nachman's Discourses, 146) that when a person lacks emuna, he or she should cry out to Hashem. Such a cry doesn't have to be audible at all; a silent cry from deep down in the heart is very good. The fact that one cries out to Hashem is proof of the spark of emuna in their midst, for without that spark, they wouldn't cry out at all. The spark in turn becomes a glowing flame of emuna.

Speaking Words of Emuna

One can recover from a breakdown of emuna by speaking words of emuna. When a person feels like he or she is clouded in darkness, and they have difficulty feeling Hashem's Presence, then they should speak words of emuna out loud, such as: "I believe in Hashem, that He's the One and Only God, and He protects me and watches over me every minute of the day my entire life, and He always listens to my prayers. Hashem loves me and cares about me."

One should continue to speak words of emuna in whatever area one needs help, as follows: "I believe that Hashem sustains all His creations. He will surely send me my livelihood;" or, "I believe that Hashem is the physician of all flesh. He will surely send me a cure." Before an important exam or negotiation, one enhances chances of success by saying, "I believe that success comes from Hashem. I've done my best to prepare, please Hashem, help me succeed!"

By speaking words of emuna, we arouse the spark of emuna within us, which kindles a bright flame of emuna that not only warms the soul and illuminates the darkness within us, but invokes Divine compassion.

As speaking words of emuna does wonders for the soul, one should consequently be careful to avoid saying anything that contains the slightest hint of heresy, even in a joke. Words of heresy or agnosticism extinguish the spark of emuna and render a person's soul cold and dark, Heaven forbid.

Self Evaluation

By evaluating oneself every day, a person is reminded of his or relationship with Hashem. During the "self trial" session, a person judges his or her own actions, and evaluates whether or not they have been in congruence with Hashem's Will.

Four wonderful things happen when we judge ourselves on a daily basis:

1. We remind ourselves of Hashem and His commandments;

2. We make decisions to correct what needs correcting, and therefore don't accrue spiritual debts that lead to stern judgments;

3. Since Hashem doesn't allow double jeopardy, when we judge ourselves, the Heavenly court is not allowed to judge us.

4. Daily self-evaluation reminds us that there is a Creator in the world; when we contemplate whether our actions are in accordance with His Will, we contemplate Him. By thinking of Hashem, we enhance emuna.

Avoid Reading Philosophy Books and Works of Heresy

We have often compared emuna to a flame or flickering candle in the heart. Emuna is difficult to acquire but simple to destroy. Emuna also resembles a fine crystal chandelier hand-crafted in months of tedious work. Yet, with one shove of the elbow, the chandelier can be pushed off the artisan's work table, and in the shortest moment, shatters into a million tiny slivers.

An old Jewish expression says that a fool throws a stone in the well that a hundred wise men can't remove. The power of the written word, especially the heretical written word, is that it penetrates the heart faster than a swift sword to destroy emuna.

When a person turns to philosophy or investigative books to search for logical arguments and proof of Hashem's existence, the result is confusion and an eventual breakdown of emuna. When our emuna is dependant on the strength of our intellect, then we are dangerously exposed to thoughts and opinions of those who know how to present stronger arguments than we do, and our emuna is liable to be destroyed, God forbid. For that reason, the way of true Jewish emuna is the way of our forefathers – the simple and uncomplicated belief in Hashem that has passed down in an unbroken chain from Avraham (Abraham), Yitzchak (Isaac), and Yaakov (Jacob) to us.

We should avoid heretical input in every possible way – not only by avoid reading books that weaken emuna, but by avoiding radio, television, Internet, and newspapers that are programmed and published by those who spread agnostic and atheistic views and ideas. If we would compare heretical input to intellectually non-kosher food, then we should note that forbidden thoughts enter the ears, heart, eyes, and brain much faster than forbidden food enters the body.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 02:50:26 PM »
But the chances of coincidence of such a rare of the rarest phenomenon happening just within two days of the event, may surpass all the mathematical probabilities and hence lead the righteous to somehow consider it in the terms of divinity.

However the scientific investigation may take its own course.

There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 07:49:03 PM »
That was a very good piece. Did you write it?
lol, no. didn't notice it wasn't sourced. Hope I don't get expelled for plagiarism.