Author Topic: Muslim row Labour candidate, John Cowan, suspended  (Read 1711 times)

Offline Luigi

• Junior JTFer
  • מה שאינו הורג אותך מחשל אותך
    • Scornful Luigi on Twitter
Muslim row Labour candidate, John Cowan, suspended
« on: April 28, 2010, 07:51:18 AM »
UK: Labour party candidate for Parliament suspended after saying he didn't want any of his children to marry a Muslim

From Jihad Watch
Source: http://www.jihadwatch.org/2010/04/uk-labour-party-candidate-for-parliament-suspended-after-saying-he-didnt-want-any-of-his-children-to.html

John Cowan's statement, of course, is being taken simply as a manifestation of racism and bigotry, and consequently he has become anathema to Labour. There seems to be no consideration whatsoever of the wisdom of marrying someone whose revered holy book and supreme guide to behavior mandates the beating of disobedient women (cf. Qur'an 4:34) and subjugates women as inferior to men in numerous ways. There seems to be no consideration of the reality of Islamic polygamy, which is also sanctioned by the Qur'an, and general relegation of women to the status of commodities.

If John Cowan were an informed and intelligent man with the courage of his convictions, he could take this opportunity to speak up for the rights of women and against their institutionalized oppression in Islam. But I doubt he will do that.

"Muslim row Labour candidate, John Cowan, suspended," from the BBC, April 26 (thanks to Twostellas):

A Labour candidate has been suspended after allegedly saying on an internet forum that he would not want any children of his to marry a Muslim.
John Cowan, who is said to have admitted paying cash to a cleaner claiming benefits, called the row a "storm in a tea cup".

His suspension comes too late for him to be replaced on the ballot paper for South East Cambridgeshire.

A party spokesman said he hoped voters may "hold their noses" but vote Labour.

Mr Cowan told the BBC it was all "really a storm in a tea cup" adding that "one or two things... were misquoted and taken out of context".

"There were one or two comments that with hindsight could have been made a bit clearer," he said....

The latest controversy includes an accusation that he stated on a message board he would not like any children of his to marry a Muslim....

Labour said Mr Cowan's actions were "totally unacceptable and well below what the party expects".

A decision will now be made whether to expel him from the party.

A Labour Party spokesman said: "Everybody in the Labour Party is extremely angry about this.

"There is a feeling of anger in the party. They feel he has let down not just the party but ordinary party members.

"We will seek to make sure he is never a Labour Party candidate again."...

All right, then!
Support Geert Wilders. Support Israel.
Follow me on Twitter

Offline rebel_conservative

• Full JTFer
Re: Muslim row Labour candidate, John Cowan, suspended
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 08:08:21 AM »
Hadn't heard about this, thanks.

That is awful, but typical of Labour.
I am glad he couldn't be replaced, I hope he will be elected (just to spite them, though I hate Labour).  Maybe he will become an independent after the election. 

He said nothing wrong, nothing at all.  I would never let my kids marry a Muslim, no chance.  It is not about race, it is about preventing my children becoming caught up in the evil Islamic culture.

I will be looking for his constituency tonight :)

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
Re: Muslim row Labour candidate, John Cowan, suspended
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 01:51:59 AM »
I don't want any white, asian or black non-muslim to marry a muslim.
Muslims are scum of the earth.