Author Topic: ask normal atheist  (Read 49569 times)

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
ask normal atheist
« on: May 03, 2010, 06:15:57 AM »
well,this is the tread when you can ask me questions about my self or my views or just questions or start debating and i will try to answer to you in the best way i can.
enemies:negroes,musulmans and commies/liberals.
alleis:israel,united states,canada,european union,greater serbia,russia,australia and new zealand and japan/south korea and india.togheter we maight win this war.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: ask normal atheist
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 10:47:04 AM »
How old are you?
are you married/have a gf?

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 12:17:08 PM »
Are you really an atheist?
If so when did you become one and why?
Also were you always an atheist?
If not what religion did you follow?
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 12:31:15 PM »
How old are you?
are you married/have a gf?

well i am 16 years old, in the last time i cheked my iindentity card i was labelled as single ;D and i didn't found yet the perfect girl so i don't currently have a girlfriend (and i don't think i will have soon as i am very busy before the matriculum exams-the bagrut).

alleis:israel,united states,canada,european union,greater serbia,russia,australia and new zealand and japan/south korea and india.togheter we maight win this war.

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 12:41:37 PM »
1) yes i am realy an atheist,i am actually a hard core one and had many debates about god's existence.
2)i become atheist in the age of 10 six years ago.i was recognised as a gifted by the ministry of education two years ago and i was in love with science (metaphoricaly) :laugh: i read my first book of steven howking ''Black Holes and Baby Universes and Other Essays'' and in the begining i there was a chapter on that discussed the existence of god.hawking said that from a scientific point of view the existence of god is an open question,must like bigfoot.i had only the habit of dissmissing this option as unreal unless prove otherwise and so i am naturally became an atheist and since then this is part of my conciosness.
3)no i am an atheist for only six years.
4)before my ''conversion'' to atheism i was a secular /traditionalist jew,.
sincerely,normal atheist.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 02:28:45 PM »
1) yes i am realy an atheist,i am actually a hard core one and had many debates about G-d's existence.
2)i become atheist in the age of 10 six years ago.i was recognised as a gifted by the ministry of education two years ago and i was in love with science (metaphoricaly) :laugh: i read my first book of steven howking ''Black Holes and Baby Universes and Other Essays'' and in the begining i there was a chapter on that discussed the existence of G-d.hawking said that from a scientific point of view the existence of G-d is an open question,must like bigfoot.i had only the habit of dissmissing this option as unreal unless prove otherwise and so i am naturally became an atheist and since then this is part of my conciosness.
3)no i am an atheist for only six years.
4)before my ''conversion'' to atheism i was a secular /traditionalist jew,.

Im so sorry to hear that... You are still young and there is no reason to believe you will believe the silly things you believe when you are 16... Heck I had some very far out ideas when I was that age... I too was a child prodigee who was self-employed in the computer field at the age of 16... I appeared on the television show 20/20 in 1982 when I was 17 years old and they called me a Computer Whiz kid...

There is always time to do teshuva for a Jew... I will reserve judging you till you grow up..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 03:33:54 PM »
You are not really an atheist but a fool. Basically you describe your path to atheism as: Someone who is really smart at math and science is an atheist and so I will be one too. And since you are "in love" with science, you should study real science rather than popular science book.

Offline Zenith

• Full JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 04:37:32 PM »
I am not a jew - I wanted to mention in "Introduce yourself" but I forgot - anyway... my words may be useful...

well i am 16 years old, ...
1) yes i am realy an atheist,i am actually a hard core one and had many debates about G-d's existence.
2)i become atheist in the age of 10 six years ago.i was recognised as a gifted by the ministry of education two years ago and i was in love with science

well, if you have 16 years old and until now you concluded that G-d cannot exist, then consider that you may have 44-54 years to keep thinking about it (depending on how long you live). I say this bec. you are still young and very many people use to get to a point when they say "the truth is this. RESOLVED." and refuse after to think about it, or at least with seriousness.

Also there is a lot of trouble with "seeking the truth" about life as life is not math, where you have a hypothesis, you check something for validity and demonstrate it, and all agree. In life nothing is 100% clear & obvious and even if it was there would still be people who would get to other conclusions (isn't that odd?). And now I don't speak about mentally ill people.

another thing - even the greatest mathematician ever, or the greatest biologist ever, or even the smartest man ever (whichever the age he lived in) has/had things which he sees wrong, wrong points of view, get to some wrong conclusions (also, sometimes, that may even not be a problem in reason). But people easily take other people for gods (that is, a kind of "whatever he says/does, he is right" as he would be perfect/divine). So my advice would be, if you take it, don't expect anyone to be right because "he is smart, and I trust his judgement", and avoid having "heroes" (people that you greatly admire).

I hope my words are welcomed.
Shalom.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 05:34:06 PM »
I read black holes and baby universes a few years ago and I also thought it was a great book. :) Stephen Hawking is a brilliant scientist and I think that science in general and physics in particular owe a lot to him.

I don't think you should be so quick to dismiss God. The Bible is not a science book but that doesn't mean that God couldn't have worked through natural processes to create the universe, or in any other way.

The Bible does say that light is the first thing God created. Every atom is made up of smaller particles which are actually tightly packed waves of energy when you get down to the smallest levels. Matter and energy can be converted to each other. These waves of energy are similar to light in the fact that they have a wavelength and can also function as a particle. It doesn't prove God but it's one thing to ponder if you sincerely have an open mind about it.

Take brane theory for example. If the Big Bang occurred because of two colliding branes then that just strengthens the case in two ways. First, there doesn't need to be a beginning for God. Each brane has its own space-time fabric and even within a brane, time varies due to gravity. God can be eternal with no contradictions with science. Second, there is a definite beginning to this particular universe/brane. That's in contradiction to such ideas as the old steady state theory, etc. which claimed things have always been as they are.

There are some people who reject some portions of science because they feel that it doesn't mesh with the Bible. I actually believe that science is exploring the creation and I don't think that any scientific theory should outright be rejected on that basis, but only on the basis of the evidence. If people really believe the Bible is true, then evidence-based reasoning should not cause fear but should strengthen their faith.

Science can't prove or disprove God. However we can definitely say, as Hawking did, that it's an open question. I think personally that it's reasonable to believe in God regardless of the fact that God can't be proven with science alone.

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 12:17:13 PM »
to all the psoters here.first i want to thank you for your open mindness.i understand why you dislike or even despise atheist,i am myself get sick when i hear some of them speaking in public.but not all atheists are liberals or communists and it doesn't mean we can't appreciate religious persons.i am myself an admire or rabbi kahane and i think he was one of the most prominent persomn of the 20th century and i am considering my self very close to kahanism in view expect for the religous part,i don't hate religious people nor trying to convert others to atheism.i do belive nthat if god truly exist he will accept you if you are a good and honorable person regardless if you belived him or not in your life (i don't think he is so childish).for zehar,popular science is not contradicted with what you called ''real science''.it is a real science simplified so the average reader can understand them and steven hawking was a genius in this field (and in physics,i realy enjoyed reading his books it was so enlightening).if sombody here is the fool it is you beacuse you show disprove of not just controversies but of scientific fact,and yes for those who want to know i read thie book (i don't remeber the name or the book nor the name of the author but it is quite famous) that prove that a lot of scientific stuff was wrriten in the torah and talmud which is another way to describe our great culture and the importance of genetical purity.to rubystar,thank you for reminded me about the membranes theory.i quite forgot it since i eneter physics class in 7th grade.
sincerily,normal atheist.

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 12:53:13 PM »
I didn't say that popular science is junk reading material, it is however different from actual science. if you want to learn physics you must learn to deal with equations and math etc. Sort of like you can't learn to drive a car just by reading car magazines.

Your argument that God is not so petty that he exacts revenge from a person for not believing in him makes sense. But you need to understand that the question of God is entirely different from the question of which religion if any is true. I am secular Jewish myself so basically I don't believe in any religion but I don't deny God. The question of God is also not a scientific question only, that is the difference between physics and metaphysics... I grant you the fact that so far nobody has been able to "measure" God in a physical way, which is good because by definition everything that can be measured is not God but part of the universe, which God creates. Is it possible to scientifically disprove God- of course it is impossible to disprove a concept that is no physical. That would be even harder than trying to disprove that a certain idea exists.

Finally the Torah and the Talmud are not scientific documents, they are not supposed to teach you science and you can't learn science by studying Torah.

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 01:52:25 PM »
I didn't say that popular science is junk reading material, it is however different from actual science. if you want to learn physics you must learn to deal with equations and math etc. Sort of like you can't learn to drive a car just by reading car magazines.

Your argument that G-d is not so petty that he exacts revenge from a person for not believing in him makes sense. But you need to understand that the question of G-d is entirely different from the question of which religion if any is true. I am secular Jewish myself so basically I don't believe in any religion but I don't deny G-d. The question of G-d is also not a scientific question only, that is the difference between physics and metaphysics... I grant you the fact that so far nobody has been able to "measure" G-d in a physical way, which is good because by definition everything that can be measured is not G-d but part of the universe, which G-d creates. Is it possible to scientifically disprove G-d- of course it is impossible to disprove a concept that is no physical. That would be even harder than trying to disprove that a certain idea exists.

Finally the Torah and the Talmud are not scientific documents, they are not supposed to teach you science and you can't learn science by studying Torah.
zelhar,i am currently learning the equations in a little step at a time.in the meantime i am reading popuar science to understand the nature of the equations when i will get to it around several years from now.now for the question of god,i have a few questions for you (and for everyone else here)
1)did you hear about the the occam's razor,it is said that entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity.in other words it is said that when you get to a question,especialy for a complex question like god's existence the simplest solution is probably the true one,there are many much more simpler solutions than god for example,evolution of religion or natural forces.so what do you have about this?how do you simplified god? (i know it is sound very lame,i just can't think of better words right now)
2)how do you explains the obious contradiction between the torah and the new testament,like in the subject of kashrut or the indentity of the messiah? very weird to me that god with his infinite wisdon would contradicte itself (i am not talking about the quarn on purpose,even when i belived god i didn't belive it to be a legitimate revelation but a sick and sadistic book for psychopats).
3)if god is so benevolent then why evil exists? why he permitted the holocaust or the influx of muslims to europe or the murder of great peoples like kahane and goldstein,i personally do not think of terms of good and evil but it seems to me flawed that god permit evil to exist.if the trend continue maybe i  would need to consider to pray to satan instead of god as i see only evil in this world.
4)and again why in both revelations god punish all the people that didn't belived him even when they never heard about the revelations (like the ancient idoll worshippers or the unbaptized according to christianity).again i think it is pretty childish and evil and so it is connected to argument number 3.
5)again if god is so benevolent one should expect he creates all the organism of this world with optimal design,most of the organisms designs is clearly suboptimal and too much fragile.
6)if god exists and want beliver why didn't he just force people to worship him? and if he don't want to do a better job in gathering worshippers it is implied that he want atheists to exist in this world therefore i am only fullfilling god's will.
7)who has the burden of proof.since you believe in something that cannot be measured and under controversy and i do not belive in such thing the burden of proof is currently iles upon your shoulders.
8) god need to be at least as complex as the entire universe so logicaly somebody would have need to create him as such thing's by your logic can't evolve naturaly but also this creator need creator and we get a chain of infinite creator.this is very flawed and illogical.
9)could god create a stone he couldn't lift? could he create a man more smarter then him? if he can't he isn't omnipotent and therefore don't exist and if he can he don't beig omnipotent and therefore don't exist,i alway enjoy to see people run in circles trying to create ways around this question.
10) if god is so benevolent then why is he sending people to hell most of the times for nothing?i don't think i deserve eternal damnation for beign an atheist for a limited time and it is implying that he is nothing more than a servant of satan,maybe i sould embrace statanism.
11)why an omniscient beig with no needs or desire would create the universe? maybe he has some need asnd therefore not a true god.
12)most of the ancient religions proved to be untrue,why should it be differnete with contemporary ones.like stephen f robert said ''I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.''
5)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 02:16:23 PM »
You ask many questions and virtually all of them have been asked before and there are many deep answers to them...

You must seek the truth by asking questions to those who have wisdom. Wisdom is not learned from science books. You cannot reduce life to simple equations and models because life is very complex. There are things which you do not have control over. Humans are made in the image of G-d and yet we are limited and we are finite. We must do our best to learn while we are alive. But I think it is a very big error to put your faith in science which is simply a tool of mankind. Science is a tool which we use to explain how Hashem works in this world, the physical world. But there is no science which will explain to you how the spiritual world works. This is also built into the nature of creation.

Regarding the other false religions... Of course Hashem allows all other religions to exist. He also allows falsehood to exist. This is the greatest invention which Hashem created... This is called Free Will...

There are many resources on the Internet which you could, if you were interested, learn from....

Do not close your mind to the awesomeness of the one who created everything, even yourself..

PS: Are you sure you are Jewish? You seem to mention a lot of Christian ideas such as the Devil and Hell... Jews don't exactly believe in eternal damnation in hell, nor do we believe those who don't believe in Hashem go to hell...

PPS: Regarding the Jewish explanation as to why Hashem created this Universe... He created it in order to be able to do kindness to his creations. This is the primary explanation as to why he created this world... One cannot be a giver unless one has someone to give to...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 03:00:03 PM »
zelhar,i am currently learning the equations in a little step at a time.in the meantime i am reading popuar science to understand the nature of the equations when i will get to it around several years from now.now for the question of G-d,i have a few questions for you (and for everyone else here)
1)did you hear about the the occam's razor,it is said that entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity.in other words it is said that when you get to a question,especialy for a complex question like G-d's existence the simplest solution is probably the true one,there are many much more simpler solutions than G-d for example,evolution of religion or natural forces.so what do you have about this?how do you simplified G-d? (i know it is sound very lame,i just can't think of better words right now)
Occam's razor is not a method of proof, it is a method of tracing back the cause to phenomenon etc. basically it is a "rule of thumb" and pretty effective at that. So anyway it is irrelevant to the question of God, but at i can tell you the way I see things, the simplest explanation is that God created the universe, the rule of nature like gravity etc. and then he let things run on their own. If there is no God to initiate this thing, I have no idea how or why there is something like the universe at all.

2)how do you explains the obious contradiction between the torah and the new testament,like in the subject of kashrut or the identity of the messiah? very weird to me that G-d with his infinite wisdon would contradicte itself (i am not talking about the quarn on purpose,even when i belived G-d i didn't belive it to be a legitimate revelation but a sick and sadistic book for psychopats).
You mix two different issues- whether there is God at all is one, and whether God actually spoke to Moses or to Jesus or to anyone is another. My position is: Yes there is God, did he spoke to Moses and gave us the Torah ? possibly. Did he then manifested himself as Jesus and gave the new testament ?  Of course I don't believe so, I'm a Jew, but I think everyone can agree that if the new testament is real, then so is the Torah, because the NT itself claims so. Hence if there is a contradiction between "old" and "new", then the "new" is wrong for sure.

3)if G-d is so benevolent then why evil exists? why he permitted the holocaust or the influx of muslims to europe or the murder of great peoples like kahane and goldstein,i personally do not think of terms of good and evil but it seems to me flawed that G-d permit evil to exist.if the trend continue maybe i  would need to consider to pray to satan instead of G-d as i see only evil in this world.
I don't understand God and I don't understand nature either. If there is God then maybe he has his hidden way of compensating humans for the suffer they have to endure on earth (like heaven). I can't say for sure that God is benevolent, but it is simpler in my mind to assume that. Obviously God has no need to envy us mortals, so it makes sense that he would be benevolent with us. I guess he don't want to spoil us too much either, for our own good.

4)and again why in both revelations G-d punish all the people that didn't belived him even when they never heard about the revelations (like the ancient idoll worshippers or the unbaptized according to christianity).again i think it is pretty childish and evil and so it is connected to argument number 3.
I don't believe literally in any revelation but again, this has nothing  to do with God. For example- the Quran is a text out of the demented mind of Muhammad. i.e. Muhammad made up the false claim that God spoke to him and dictated the verses of the Quran, while in fact it was just his sick demented mind. If he herd voices, they probably were interenal voices like schizophrenia have sometimes.

5)again if G-d is so benevolent one should expect he creates all the organism of this world with optimal design,most of the organisms designs is clearly suboptimal and too much fragile.
Maybe if you were God you do things differently. But seriously this is not a valid argument. We have things the way God wanted them to be and that's it.

6)if G-d exists and want beliver why didn't he just force people to worship him? and if he don't want to do a better job in gathering worshippers it is implied that he want atheists to exist in this world therefore i am only fullfilling G-d's will.
I don't know, why would God bother with us mortals anyway ? what are we to him ? less than ants are to me I suppose. I can't comprehend the thoughts of God.

7)who has the burden of proof.since you believe in something that cannot be measured and under controversy and i do not belive in such thing the burden of proof is currently iles upon your shoulders.
But there is a good reason to assume God exists even though it is unprovable. It makes things more clear if there is indeed a God who created the universe. And by created I mean broadly- God could also create the principle of evolution in nature, because I don't follow any specific text as to how God actually made things the way they are. So, if you claimed you are agnostic that would be logically accepted, but atheism is really a sort of dogmatic narrow mildness that refuses to acknowledge our inability to know some fundamental things for certain.

8) G-d need to be at least as complex as the entire universe so logicaly somebody would have need to create him as such thing's by your logic can't evolve naturaly but also this creator need creator and we get a chain of infinite creator.this is very flawed and illogical.
No, God is not part of nature and so we as part of nature cannot comprehend something so un-natural. Time is also a natural quantity- which doesn't limit God and doesn't apply to him.

9)could G-d create a stone he couldn't lift? could he create a man more smarter then him? if he can't he isn't omnipotent and therefore don't exist and if he can he don't beig omnipotent and therefore don't exist,i alway enjoy to see people run in circles trying to create ways around this question.
The thing is God is all powerful in regard to any object other than him. Basically the "can God nullify himself" is a semantic contradiction. It's like the sentence: "This sentence is false". I can't tell you if that sentence is true or false (it has something to do with the concept of truth itself and how it needs to be defined); Yet that sentence exists, and so God may exists as well regardless of the stone and he could still squeeze you like a bug ;)

10) if G-d is so benevolent then why is he sending people to hell most of the times for nothing?i don't think i deserve eternal damnation for beign an atheist for a limited time and it is implying that he is nothing more than a servant of satan,maybe i sould embrace statanism.
Again whether there is hell and whether what people tell you of hell is a different issue. Maybe people lied and made up the concept of hell, and maybe God actually revealed this information to someone.

11)why an omniscient beig with no needs or desire would create the universe? maybe he has some need asnd therefore not a true G-d.
I don't think we can understand or comprehend the way God thinks and operate. He is unnatural and we cannot grasp such things that are not within our realm of existence. 

12)most of the ancient religions proved to be untrue,why should it be differnete with contemporary ones.like stephen f robert said ''I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer G-d than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.''
The religions might all be false, yet God is here nevertheless. You see, man didn't invented God, even though man can invent a religion and then claim that God told him to do that. People lie all time you know... all I am saying is that there can be God, and more than likely there is God, and the fact that many people lie or imagine that God spoke to them and they start a religion is a different issue. I don't claim that I know what God wants from us, what he does, or anything, I just think it makes sense that God is the reason why I am.

Offline Zenith

• Full JTFer
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 04:59:56 PM »
To normal atheist:
I'll try to give you some explanations.

[1)did you hear about the the occam's razor,it is said that entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity.in other words it is said that when you get to a question,especialy for a complex question like G-d's existence the simplest solution is probably the true one,there are many much more simpler solutions than G-d for example,evolution of religion or natural forces.so what do you have about this?how do you simplified G-d? (i know it is sound very lame,i just can't think of better words right now)

in part, I agree with you. people DO use to complicate things and make a 'smart' 200 pages book that hardly explains in way too many words a very simple issue, and too many times, in a stupid manner. Yet, "simple is probably true" does not mean "first thing that gets into one's mind is probably true" either.
I've heard some theories of how religions appeard (apart from aliens' contribution). One was that people saw that they died, they feared, they saw thunders, etc. and couldn't explain them, etc. and because of fear they brought sacrifices to what they understood as "gods". However, I found out that people are living more relaxed with the thought that "there is no god" than the thought that they have to please Him/them. And even in antiquity there were atheists, people which saw no problem in saying about thunders, etc. that "this is nature, it has always been like this". One think I observed is that people 'became' gods. that is, great leaders (i.e. pharaohs), etc. were being venerated during their lifetime (maybe the feeling all like, of superiority, and to have people serve him, loyal people), and even after. And that's how we came to have 'gods' that invented, taught the people, etc. and that acted exactly as common human beings, only that they were 'superior in nature'. that's the same way "praying to ancestors" is in the religion that chinese believed (or believe), in orthodoxism and catholicism (saints), etc. and this seems more logical to me. By the way, if one is born far away in the wilderness, with no one around, doesn't it require lot of imagination to put "human beings" behind rain? (that is, gods). Anyway, I never heard a child in my life to invent gods, even for thunders or alike. Or, is it required they would reach... maturity? if they are taught since children of gods, they of course, believe.
- then, if people evolved progressively, shouldn't have been already accustomed to the natural phenomenon when they reached 'reason'? so no fear should have existed. People have no problem in believing that "nothing happens after you die" and all it means is "enjoy life as much as you can as long as you live"... scary enough?
- then, "evolution of religion" seems quite odd to me. if you ask me, I don't think that monotheism is superior to polytheism, if this is what you refere to (if it evolved from polytheism to monotheism). If so, compare Islam and Hinduism. Then, from atheistic perspective, if no god exist, I see no difference beween believeing in 10 gods and believing in only one. Also, if in top there is "atheism", consider that even in antiquity there were atheists, and that people are "educated" into atheism as well. we cannot tell when atheism first appeared, because not all that was thought was written and most of what was written does not exist anymore. as well of the theory of evolution, that all came from one being. There were people that believed that in ancient greece, if I remember right, but we cannot teleport in time to the first man an check all to see which believed it first.
I think that I already wrote too much...

2)how do you explains the obious contradiction between the torah and the new testament,like in the subject of kashrut or the indentity of the messiah? very weird to me that G-d with his infinite wisdon would contradicte itself (i am not talking about the quarn on purpose,even when i belived G-d i didn't belive it to be a legitimate revelation but a sick and sadistic book for psychopats).
first off, the existence of God has nothing to do with any text or belief. I don't know what kashrut is, sory.
And, there is one IMPORTANT thing you should consider: not everything is easy to understand and clear (like muslims say, I think it's from the qur'an "the truth stands clear out of err"). People can have great problems with understanding the text, even if that is clear enough, and mostly because of the traditional understanding of the text or because somebody pointed out in a certain manner, so that it was created an issue for the public (like the creation in genesis, "Let them be as a snail which melts away as it goes along", number pi and the measuring of something round, etc.). So, anything it is, I don't think it is by the saying "the truth stands clear out of err" (in other words, if you don't understand is err, if you understand - however you understand it - is true).

3)if G-d is so benevolent then why evil exists? why he permitted the holocaust or the influx of muslims to europe or the murder of great peoples like kahane and goldstein,i personally do not think of terms of good and evil but it seems to me flawed that G-d permit evil to exist.if the trend continue maybe i  would need to consider to pray to satan instead of G-d as i see only evil in this world.
This is what PEOPLE around told you about God. People even find correct this thinking: "If God exists, no matter what I do, if I swear Him, I mock Him, I rape children, etc. He should act as nothing happend and give me all the things I wish. If He doesn't do so, it means He doesn't exist.". If you want to know how is the God of the Bible, read the Bible. And, by the way, your statement cannot prove that Allah can't exist either. He should not be as we like to or we imagine, in order to exist.

4)and again why in both revelations G-d punish all the people that didn't belived him even when they never heard about the revelations (like the ancient idoll worshippers or the unbaptized according to christianity).again i think it is pretty childish and evil and so it is connected to argument number 3.
You should be more concrete, tell me the exact story.
By the way, I also don't believe God just punishes people for not believing in Him while they could have not heard of Him. I think both the Tanakh and New Testament agree with that, although many christians do not agree with me. Hoever, what you thirst for means a lot, and there are many things that depend on you, no matter where you were born and what teachings you received. Also, ignorance and self-righteousness are bad things. If God doesn't punish one for being an 'unbeliever', He will punish him for not carying to see which is the truth, but enjoying doing all the things he likes (and may be bad) because he says "I don't know the truth, so I'm forgivable". The same with self-righteousness: everybody likes to say "people like me should go to heaven", and that's the excuse for everything.

5)again if G-d is so benevolent one should expect he creates all the organism of this world with optimal design,most of the organisms designs is clearly suboptimal and too much fragile.
1. you should expect this world not to be heaven;
2. expect heaven to be perfect;
3. If Adam and Eve had not fallen, the earth would have not been cursed and fragility would have had no problem because none would have suffered or died (now, I don't speak about grass, because I really can't believe it suffers pain). Weakness is bad only when there is somebody/something that harms.

6)if G-d exists and want beliver why didn't he just force people to worship him? and if he don't want to do a better job in gathering worshippers it is implied that he want atheists to exist in this world therefore i am only fullfilling G-d's will.
As seen from the Bible, God did not intend to create robots or 'zombies' that obey commandments without thinking. it would have been utterly useless: what to do with them? But if people have free will, they can choose how to be, and what to believe as well.

7)who has the burden of proof.since you believe in something that cannot be measured and under controversy and i do not belive in such thing the burden of proof is currently iles upon your shoulders
Asking of evidence is also flawd, because people can believe anything and can call anything "proof". The only possible way for all people to believe in God is, I think, if He would make Himself manifest (visible, etc.) permanently and come with angels everywhere so that whoever does any mistake, would be killed, so that none will doubt anything. Look at the miracles of the qur'an which seem very logical to many, and hear those who say that they do not have any evidence that the holocaust ever existed, that nazi ever killed any jew, etc. And their LOGIC tells them it is so. If there would be a calculation or something that would prove the Bible/Tanakh is right and all that goes with it, how many would have found the 'evidence' satisfacatory?
by the way, people believe what they want to believe, and the 'evidence' belongs to the one which wants to believe it. for the one that doesn't want to believe it, there is no 'evidence'.

G-d need to be at least as complex as the entire universe so logicaly somebody would have need to create him as such thing's by your logic can't evolve naturaly but also this creator need creator and we get a chain of infinite creator.this is very flawed and illogical.
The same problems applies to everything: what caused the big-bang? what gave birth to the laws of the universe? we have the laws of how life can exist, but why is it so? why does the gravity exist? who created it? why is it not ok to sleep with an 8 years old boy? (biologically and psychologically we have explanations, but those themselves are laws of the nature). Just tell me how everything appeared and how the laws appeared. What caused the beginning? the beginning must have been caused by something that was itself caused by something that was caused, etc. so we go nowhere. If you have an image of how the cosmic space should have existed in the "very" beginning, why did it exist? if you believe there was something in the very beginning, why did it exist? So some logic of mine tells me that nothing should have existed ever, yet I cannot understand nothingness either (if you say "in the beginning there was nothing" what do you imagine?) so "God forever existed" seems to me as logic as "what you see around exists". for me, my questions are the same as yours.

9)could G-d create a stone he couldn't lift? could he create a man more smarter then him? if he can't he isn't omnipotent and therefore don't exist and if he can he don't beig omnipotent and therefore don't exist,i alway enjoy to see people run in circles trying to create ways around this question.
Those questions are also - my opinion - misplaced. We invented the word "ominpotent" and we assigned it to God. I don't think God can teleport anybody in past, because I personally think time is just an abstract term we invented. If anybody has other understanding, I believe that God is Almighty, in the limits of logic.

11)why an omniscient beig with no needs or desire would create the universe? maybe he has some need asnd therefore not a true G-d.
First off, you define what God should be. By your logic, you find that things do not work out, but you don't come to deny the logic, but God. If omnisicence, as people define it, exists, then there is no free will (what is the difference between saying "God ordained that leaf 4 millions of years ago to fall today" and "God knew that that leaf would have fallen 4 millions of years ago"?). For muslims, if God doesn't preordain even that before the beginning of the creation, then He is not God (which seems odd to me). They also define God, in my opinion, in a strange way. Our thinking of how God should be does not change reality. And people imagine and define how God should be, but from where do they get the info???

12)most of the ancient religions proved to be untrue,why should it be differnete with contemporary ones.like stephen f robert said ''I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer G-d than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.''
atheism existed in antiquity as well, so why does the time when it appeared matter?
by the way, if 99% of the population of the earth believes X, it doesn't mean X is true either.

I just hope I will not receive a reply of the same length or bigger ; ) ).

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 05:15:44 PM »
Once you learn the lessons of life then you will be in a position to be able to have an opinion on the topic. At 16 years old you have lived in a cocoon of your parents... Once you understand the parameters of real life then you will do some real learning. Learning science from textbooks is one thing but experience cannot be compared to.

I also suggest that you spend some time learning how to write English. I didn't read whether or not English is your primary language but evidently you need to do a little more learning in this area.  It is essential for a bright person to be able to express him/herself in a respectable manner.

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 09:18:54 AM »

PS: Are you sure you are Jewish? You seem to mention a lot of Christian ideas such as the Devil and Hell... Jews don't exactly believe in eternal damnation in hell, nor do we believe those who don't believe in Hashem go to hell...

PPS: Regarding the Jewish explanation as to why Hashem created this Universe... He created it in order to be able to do kindness to his creations. This is the primary explanation as to why he created this world... One cannot be a giver unless one has someone to give to...

i was born as a secular jew.i had a christian friend since primary school anmd most of my debates in theology were with him and his familty (i remeber an ocassion they contacted they relatives in tampa so they will try to ''educate'' me about god ;D).anf for your argument to why god created the universe.i don't answering my question.you said that god can't be a giver if he didn't have anybody to give to,but if he needless and why he wanted to be a giver in the first place? he don't have any needs according to the bible and therefore don't have the need of beigng giver.

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 09:28:57 AM »
zelhar,i am currently learning the equations in a little step at a time.in the meantime i am reading popuar science to understand the nature of the equations when i will get to it around several years from now.now for the question of G-d,i have a few questions for you (and for everyone else here)
1)did you hear about the the occam's razor,it is said that entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity.in other words it is said that when you get to a question,especialy for a complex question like G-d's existence the simplest solution is probably the true one,there are many much more simpler solutions than G-d for example,evolution of religion or natural forces.so what do you have about this?how do you simplified G-d? (i know it is sound very lame,i just can't think of better words right now)
Occam's razor is not a method of proof, it is a method of tracing back the cause to phenomenon etc. basically it is a "rule of thumb" and pretty effective at that. So anyway it is irrelevant to the question of G-d, but at i can tell you the way I see things, the simplest explanation is that G-d created the universe, the rule of nature like gravity etc. and then he let things run on their own. If there is no G-d to initiate this thing, I have no idea how or why there is something like the universe at all.

2)how do you explains the obious contradiction between the torah and the new testament,like in the subject of kashrut or the identity of the messiah? very weird to me that G-d with his infinite wisdon would contradicte itself (i am not talking about the quarn on purpose,even when i belived G-d i didn't belive it to be a legitimate revelation but a sick and sadistic book for psychopats).
You mix two different issues- whether there is G-d at all is one, and whether G-d actually spoke to Moses or to Jesus or to anyone is another. My position is: Yes there is G-d, did he spoke to Moses and gave us the Torah ? possibly. Did he then manifested himself as Jesus and gave the new testament ?  Of course I don't believe so, I'm a Jew, but I think everyone can agree that if the new testament is real, then so is the Torah, because the NT itself claims so. Hence if there is a contradiction between "old" and "new", then the "new" is wrong for sure.

I don't understand G-d and I don't understand nature either. If there is G-d then maybe he has his hidden way of compensating humans for the suffer they have to endure on earth (like heaven). I can't say for sure that G-d is benevolent, but it is simpler in my mind to assume that. Obviously G-d has no need to envy us mortals, so it makes sense that he would be benevolent with us. I guess he don't want to spoil us too much either, for our own good.

I don't believe literally in any revelation but again, this has nothing  to do with G-d. For example- the Quran is a text out of the demented mind of Muhammad. i.e. Muhammad made up the false claim that G-d spoke to him and dictated the verses of the Quran, while in fact it was just his sick demented mind. If he herd voices, they probably were interenal voices like schizophrenia have sometimes.

Maybe if you were G-d you do things differently. But seriously this is not a valid argument. We have things the way G-d wanted them to be and that's it.

I don't know, why would G-d bother with us mortals anyway ? what are we to him ? less than ants are to me I suppose. I can't comprehend the thoughts of G-d.

But there is a good reason to assume G-d exists even though it is unprovable. It makes things more clear if there is indeed a G-d who created the universe. And by created I mean broadly- G-d could also create the principle of evolution in nature, because I don't follow any specific text as to how G-d actually made things the way they are. So, if you claimed you are agnostic that would be logically accepted, but atheism is really a sort of dogmatic narrow mildness that refuses to acknowledge our inability to know some fundamental things for certain.

8) G-d need to be at least as complex as the entire universe so logicaly somebody would have need to create him as such thing's by your logic can't evolve naturaly but also this creator need creator and we get a chain of infinite creator.this is very flawed and illogical.
No, G-d is not part of nature and so we as part of nature cannot comprehend something so un-natural. Time is also a natural quantity- which doesn't limit G-d and doesn't apply to him.

The thing is G-d is all powerful in regard to any object other than him. Basically the "can G-d nullify himself" is a semantic contradiction. It's like the sentence: "This sentence is false". I can't tell you if that sentence is true or false (it has something to do with the concept of truth itself and how it needs to be defined); Yet that sentence exists, and so G-d may exists as well regardless of the stone and he could still squeeze you like a bug ;)

10) if G-d is so benevolent then why is he sending people to hell most of the times for nothing?i don't think i deserve eternal damnation for beign an atheist for a limited time and it is implying that he is nothing more than a servant of satan,maybe i sould embrace statanism.
Again whether there is hell and whether what people tell you of hell is a different issue. Maybe people lied and made up the concept of hell, and maybe G-d actually revealed this information to someone.

I don't think we can understand or comprehend the way G-d thinks and operate. He is unnatural and we cannot grasp such things that are not within our realm of existence. 

The religions might all be false, yet G-d is here nevertheless. You see, man didn't invented G-d, even though man can invent a religion and then claim that G-d told him to do that. People lie all time you know... all I am saying is that there can be G-d, and more than likely there is G-d, and the fact that many people lie or imagine that G-d spoke to them and they start a religion is a different issue. I don't claim that I know what G-d wants from us, what he does, or anything, I just think it makes sense that G-d is the reason why I am.

thank you for the answers.as for your answer to argument number 7.you say that god probably exist beacuse it will make thing clearer.if that is true we would need to belive in ether or demons or ghost beacuse it will make things more clearer.but it will not make this things scientificaly true.

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 09:52:28 AM »
To normal atheist:
I'll try to give you some explanations.

[1)did you hear about the the occam's razor,it is said that entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity.in other words it is said that when you get to a question,especialy for a complex question like G-d's existence the simplest solution is probably the true one,there are many much more simpler solutions than G-d for example,evolution of religion or natural forces.so what do you have about this?how do you simplified G-d? (i know it is sound very lame,i just can't think of better words right now)

in part, I agree with you. people DO use to complicate things and make a 'smart' 200 pages book that hardly explains in way too many words a very simple issue, and too many times, in a stupid manner. Yet, "simple is probably true" does not mean "first thing that gets into one's mind is probably true" either.
I've heard some theories of how religions appeard (apart from aliens' contribution). One was that people saw that they died, they feared, they saw thunders, etc. and couldn't explain them, etc. and because of fear they brought sacrifices to what they understood as "gods". However, I found out that people are living more relaxed with the thought that "there is no G-d" than the thought that they have to please Him/them. And even in antiquity there were atheists, people which saw no problem in saying about thunders, etc. that "this is nature, it has always been like this". One think I observed is that people 'became' gods. that is, great leaders (i.e. pharaohs), etc. were being venerated during their lifetime (maybe the feeling all like, of superiority, and to have people serve him, loyal people), and even after. And that's how we came to have 'gods' that invented, taught the people, etc. and that acted exactly as common human beings, only that they were 'superior in nature'. that's the same way "praying to ancestors" is in the religion that chinese believed (or believe), in orthodoxism and catholicism (saints), etc. and this seems more logical to me. By the way, if one is born far away in the wilderness, with no one around, doesn't it require lot of imagination to put "human beings" behind rain? (that is, gods). Anyway, I never heard a child in my life to invent gods, even for thunders or alike. Or, is it required they would reach... maturity? if they are taught since children of gods, they of course, believe.
- then, if people evolved progressively, shouldn't have been already accustomed to the natural phenomenon when they reached 'reason'? so no fear should have existed. People have no problem in believing that "nothing happens after you die" and all it means is "enjoy life as much as you can as long as you live"... scary enough?
- then, "evolution of religion" seems quite odd to me. if you ask me, I don't think that monotheism is superior to polytheism, if this is what you refere to (if it evolved from polytheism to monotheism). If so, compare Islam and Hinduism. Then, from atheistic perspective, if no G-d exist, I see no difference beween believeing in 10 gods and believing in only one. Also, if in top there is "atheism", consider that even in antiquity there were atheists, and that people are "educated" into atheism as well. we cannot tell when atheism first appeared, because not all that was thought was written and most of what was written does not exist anymore. as well of the theory of evolution, that all came from one being. There were people that believed that in ancient greece, if I remember right, but we cannot teleport in time to the first man an check all to see which believed it first.
I think that I already wrote too much...

2)how do you explains the obious contradiction between the torah and the new testament,like in the subject of kashrut or the indentity of the messiah? very weird to me that G-d with his infinite wisdon would contradicte itself (i am not talking about the quarn on purpose,even when i belived G-d i didn't belive it to be a legitimate revelation but a sick and sadistic book for psychopats).
first off, the existence of G-d has nothing to do with any text or belief. I don't know what kashrut is, sory.
And, there is one IMPORTANT thing you should consider: not everything is easy to understand and clear (like muslims say, I think it's from the qur'an "the truth stands clear out of err"). People can have great problems with understanding the text, even if that is clear enough, and mostly because of the traditional understanding of the text or because somebody pointed out in a certain manner, so that it was created an issue for the public (like the creation in genesis, "Let them be as a snail which melts away as it goes along", number pi and the measuring of something round, etc.). So, anything it is, I don't think it is by the saying "the truth stands clear out of err" (in other words, if you don't understand is err, if you understand - however you understand it - is true).

This is what PEOPLE around told you about G-d. People even find correct this thinking: "If G-d exists, no matter what I do, if I swear Him, I mock Him, I rape children, etc. He should act as nothing happend and give me all the things I wish. If He doesn't do so, it means He doesn't exist.". If you want to know how is the G-d of the Bible, read the Bible. And, by the way, your statement cannot prove that Allah can't exist either. He should not be as we like to or we imagine, in order to exist.

You should be more concrete, tell me the exact story.
By the way, I also don't believe G-d just punishes people for not believing in Him while they could have not heard of Him. I think both the Tanakh and New Testament agree with that, although many christians do not agree with me. Hoever, what you thirst for means a lot, and there are many things that depend on you, no matter where you were born and what teachings you received. Also, ignorance and self-righteousness are bad things. If G-d doesn't punish one for being an 'unbeliever', He will punish him for not carying to see which is the truth, but enjoying doing all the things he likes (and may be bad) because he says "I don't know the truth, so I'm forgivable". The same with self-righteousness: everybody likes to say "people like me should go to heaven", and that's the excuse for everything.

1. you should expect this world not to be heaven;
2. expect heaven to be perfect;
3. If Adam and Eve had not fallen, the earth would have not been cursed and fragility would have had no problem because none would have suffered or died (now, I don't speak about grass, because I really can't believe it suffers pain). Weakness is bad only when there is somebody/something that harms.

As seen from the Bible, G-d did not intend to create robots or 'zombies' that obey commandments without thinking. it would have been utterly useless: what to do with them? But if people have free will, they can choose how to be, and what to believe as well.

7)who has the burden of proof.since you believe in something that cannot be measured and under controversy and i do not belive in such thing the burden of proof is currently iles upon your shoulders
Asking of evidence is also flawd, because people can believe anything and can call anything "proof". The only possible way for all people to believe in G-d is, I think, if He would make Himself manifest (visible, etc.) permanently and come with angels everywhere so that whoever does any mistake, would be killed, so that none will doubt anything. Look at the miracles of the qur'an which seem very logical to many, and hear those who say that they do not have any evidence that the holocaust ever existed, that nazi ever killed any jew, etc. And their LOGIC tells them it is so. If there would be a calculation or something that would prove the Bible/Tanakh is right and all that goes with it, how many would have found the 'evidence' satisfacatory?
by the way, people believe what they want to believe, and the 'evidence' belongs to the one which wants to believe it. for the one that doesn't want to believe it, there is no 'evidence'.

G-d need to be at least as complex as the entire universe so logicaly somebody would have need to create him as such thing's by your logic can't evolve naturaly but also this creator need creator and we get a chain of infinite creator.this is very flawed and illogical.
The same problems applies to everything: what caused the big-bang? what gave birth to the laws of the universe? we have the laws of how life can exist, but why is it so? why does the gravity exist? who created it? why is it not ok to sleep with an 8 years old boy? (biologically and psychologically we have explanations, but those themselves are laws of the nature). Just tell me how everything appeared and how the laws appeared. What caused the beginning? the beginning must have been caused by something that was itself caused by something that was caused, etc. so we go nowhere. If you have an image of how the cosmic space should have existed in the "very" beginning, why did it exist? if you believe there was something in the very beginning, why did it exist? So some logic of mine tells me that nothing should have existed ever, yet I cannot understand nothingness either (if you say "in the beginning there was nothing" what do you imagine?) so "G-d forever existed" seems to me as logic as "what you see around exists". for me, my questions are the same as yours.

Those questions are also - my opinion - misplaced. We invented the word "ominpotent" and we assigned it to G-d. I don't think G-d can teleport anybody in past, because I personally think time is just an abstract term we invented. If anybody has other understanding, I believe that G-d is Almighty, in the limits of logic.

First off, you define what G-d should be. By your logic, you find that things do not work out, but you don't come to deny the logic, but G-d. If omnisicence, as people define it, exists, then there is no free will (what is the difference between saying "G-d ordained that leaf 4 millions of years ago to fall today" and "G-d knew that that leaf would have fallen 4 millions of years ago"?). For muslims, if G-d doesn't preordain even that before the beginning of the creation, then He is not G-d (which seems odd to me). They also define G-d, in my opinion, in a strange way. Our thinking of how G-d should be does not change reality. And people imagine and define how G-d should be, but from where do they get the info???

atheism existed in antiquity as well, so why does the time when it appeared matter?
by the way, if 99% of the population of the earth believes X, it doesn't mean X is true either.

I just hope I will not receive a reply of the same length or bigger ; ) ).
don't wrry i always trying to express my points with the least number of words possible.i can agree with most of your answers expect maybe with the evidence argument.while i am honoring you as very intellegent ands clever person (are you a doctor at theology or physics?) i would appreciate if you would not give examples using islam.by using this fake religion of criminally insane people you destroy your wonderfull arguments and ruining your thesis.
sincerely,normal ayheist.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 03:54:17 PM »
Scientists today speak of the Laws of Physics.

As well they speak of the Laws governing Nature.

With each day comes more new discoveries and more knowledge of our world and the Universe, and these are infinite in scope and open ended.

Albert Einstein was not a degreed scientist, but rather a lay person who was in his own lifetime ridiculed and humiliated; his 'theories' labeled as 'preposterous'.

Today, it is considered 'common knowledge' that silicone is capable of storing memory in the form of electrical currents, yet for thousands of years this very concept would have been laughed at and rejected by the world's greatest scientific minds of the day.

One need only ask themself "Where did all of this come from?" ..."How did it all get here?"...How is it that all the Laws of Physics and Nature, known and yet to be known, were always here awaiting us? "

The answer becomes obvious that there exists A Higher Consciousness than our own.

The onus to prove that "there is no G-d" rests on the atheists and scientists; not on those who readily accept the existence of a reality far beyond our comprehension.

"The scientific method" is itself proven unreliable, and its results are continually superseded by the results of future testing, in an infinite chain of "scientific advancements" -- yet not once does it provide an answer to the question "Who made all of this, and why?"

Men who for millenia have recognized that there is a Higher Consciousness, a Supreme Being, a Creator, have used the only means available at their disposal - scripture and the spoken word - in their attempts to explain the unexplainable.

The 'atheists' would claim that there is no reason or meaning to anything, no Creation, no Supreme Mind, no realm of the metaphysical -- only Chaos Theory; all while spending their entire lives hoping that academic "Peer Review" will bestow honor, recognition, and wealth upon them for 'discovering' what was always here long before they ever existed, and will always exist long after their names and lives are forgotten.

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 09:59:01 AM »
Scientists today speak of the Laws of Physics.

As well they speak of the Laws governing Nature.

With each day comes more new discoveries and more knowledge of our world and the Universe, and these are infinite in scope and open ended.

Albert Einstein was not a degreed scientist, but rather a lay person who was in his own lifetime ridiculed and humiliated; his 'theories' labeled as 'preposterous'.

Today, it is considered 'common knowledge' that silicone is capable of storing memory in the form of electrical currents, yet for thousands of years this very concept would have been laughed at and rejected by the world's greatest scientific minds of the day.

One need only ask themself "Where did all of this come from?" ..."How did it all get here?"...How is it that all the Laws of Physics and Nature, known and yet to be known, were always here awaiting us? "

The answer becomes obvious that there exists A Higher Consciousness than our own.

The onus to prove that "there is no G-d" rests on the atheists and scientists; not on those who readily accept the existence of a reality far beyond our comprehension.

"The scientific method" is itself proven unreliable, and its results are continually superseded by the results of future testing, in an infinite chain of "scientific advancements" -- yet not once does it provide an answer to the question "Who made all of this, and why?"

Men who for millenia have recognized that there is a Higher Consciousness, a Supreme Being, a Creator, have used the only means available at their disposal - scripture and the spoken word - in their attempts to explain the unexplainable.

The 'atheists' would claim that there is no reason or meaning to anything, no Creation, no Supreme Mind, no realm of the metaphysical -- only Chaos Theory; all while spending their entire lives hoping that academic "Peer Review" will bestow honor, recognition, and wealth upon them for 'discovering' what was always here long before they ever existed, and will always exist long after their names and lives are forgotten.

i belive that there is logic in the creation of the universe butwhy god? there much easier way to explain this.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 10:25:14 AM »
I have a question:

If you walk through a field and happen to come upon a computer, sitting on the ground.

Did someone create it? or did it just exist by chance?
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010, 11:31:47 AM »
Normal atheist what is your position on the topics of abortion, euthanasia, and infanticide?

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2010, 12:40:33 PM »
I have a question:

If you walk through a field and happen to come upon a computer, sitting on the ground.

Did someone create it? or did it just exist by chance?
of course i would think that humans built this computer,i didn't said there is no god and thats it,what i said is that i want more proof Aand until then it is for me a nice fairy tale and nothing more.

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010, 12:49:25 PM »
Normal atheist what is your position on the topics of abortion, euthanasia, and infanticide?
1)my opinion of abortion if made up from two parameters:first we will need to consider the case.if the woman was raped for example i completely support her right to abort the fetus beacuse it is being unfair to make her gave birth to the child of her rapist (it is also have the chances of being gentical defective like the father).if she have an economic problem she have the right in my opinion to abort the fetus beacuse otherwise the chilld will live in poverty and mysery for the rest of his life.the second parameter is race.we should encourage abortion in nigroes and muslims to postponed the birth of our enemy's future generation.on the contray we need to make harder criteria for white women who wish to abort their fetsuses.
2) i fully support euthensia for terminally desased people,geneticaly defect people and people with more then 80% disability beacuse to keep them alive serves nothing more then cruelty towards them.
3)i think it is good infantycide is outside the law and i think people who think otherwise (i don't even think such people exist) are sick and deformed.if you are not in israel please enter israeli news site in english like english ynet and you will find a plague her in israel of child abuses,rapes and murders (multiple cases every day).and to think this was until recent years the only country when you could walk out at 2 am salone and still feel safe and comfortable >:(.