General Category > Ask Posters Show Threads

ask normal atheist

<< < (10/15) > >>

Ben m:

--- Quote from: Rubystars on May 10, 2010, 08:49:34 AM ---How could Tay-Sachs be eliminated in Israel? New people are going there frequently (that's not a bad thing, but it's possible many people who make aliyah are carriers).

--- End quote ---
i meant that tay sachs was eliminated among native israeli newborns.

Rubystars:

--- Quote from: normal atheist on May 10, 2010, 08:52:12 AM ---
--- Quote from: Rubystars on May 10, 2010, 08:49:34 AM ---How could Tay-Sachs be eliminated in Israel? New people are going there frequently (that's not a bad thing, but it's possible many people who make aliyah are carriers).

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Oh that's good! :)

Ben m:

--- Quote from: Rubystars on May 10, 2010, 07:23:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: normal atheist on May 10, 2010, 08:52:12 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Oh that's good! :)

--- End quote ---
yep,our big problems now are aids,h1n1 and islam.

Zenith:

--- Quote from: normal atheist ---when i am talking about inferiority of the race i meant two thing
1) the average iq of the race's members.this is the key to the advancment of humankind in all areas.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: normal atheist --- have you been to detroit lately? to the middle east (not israel)? to africa?
--- End quote ---
Though that question was not quite for me...

I think that taking only the average iq of the race’s members is misleading, because there are more factors that affect  the iq of people, of which, of very high importance is the education in the region (which also depends on many factors). I think a more proper result would be if you compare, in a developped country, people who had the same education, blacks & whites.
And by the way, if a white man converts to Islam, I don’t think that makes white men as inferior as Islam and muslims. Then why would people indoctrinated into Islam in the middle-east be genetically inferior to those from developed countries that were not indoctrinated in Islam?

--- Quote ---i prefer to rely on equation than to rely on some 2000 years old books beacuse equations never lie.
--- End quote ---
Besides the fact that the key point is not “science vs ‘2000 years old books’”, even the science you learnt and believe in is not all “equations” (that is, as clear as that). There a lot of theories, which by definition are the reasoning of men and therefore may be false.
You may know that in history there were a lot of theories, and the “science” of those days (reasoning, their capability and possibility to find information, the “evidences” they found) was many times, in many places, faulty.
So how do you know that all the things you learn will stand the test of time and will not be disproved in the future (when knowledge and technology will greatly improve, and with them, our possibility to better understand the world - get evidences, make tests, etc.)? Did you ever think that all you learnt may not be 100% correct?

Ben m:

--- Quote from: Zenith on May 11, 2010, 06:31:01 AM ---
--- Quote from: normal atheist ---when i am talking about inferiority of the race i meant two thing
1) the average iq of the race's members.this is the key to the advancment of humankind in all areas.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: normal atheist --- have you been to detroit lately? to the middle east (not israel)? to africa?
--- End quote ---
Though that question was not quite for me...

I think that taking only the average iq of the race’s members is misleading, because there are more factors that affect  the iq of people, of which, of very high importance is the education in the region (which also depends on many factors). I think a more proper result would be if you compare, in a developped country, people who had the same education, blacks & whites.
And by the way, if a white man converts to Islam, I don’t think that makes white men as inferior as Islam and muslims. Then why would people indoctrinated into Islam in the middle-east be genetically inferior to those from developed countries that were not indoctrinated in Islam?

--- Quote ---i prefer to rely on equation than to rely on some 2000 years old books beacuse equations never lie.
--- End quote ---
Besides the fact that the key point is not “science vs ‘2000 years old books’”, even the science you learnt and believe in is not all “equations” (that is, as clear as that). There a lot of theories, which by definition are the reasoning of men and therefore may be false.
You may know that in history there were a lot of theories, and the “science” of those days (reasoning, their capability and possibility to find information, the “evidences” they found) was many times, in many places, faulty.
So how do you know that all the things you learn will stand the test of time and will not be disproved in the future (when knowledge and technology will greatly improve, and with them, our possibility to better understand the world - get evidences, make tests, etc.)? Did you ever think that all you learnt may not be 100% correct?

--- End quote ---
1) i based my argument on a reaserch on the united states pouplations.
2)i agree with you that what i learnt is not 100% correct.but unless someone will come with a better theory and better equations,this is the only thing we have.and about this issue,i admitt that you successeded in converting me back into belevieng in god.thank you everybody.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version