Author Topic: re: the locked thread  (Read 2323 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
re: the locked thread
« on: May 10, 2007, 01:21:01 PM »
I didn't get a chance to put forth my two cents, but it has to do with showing respect.

I agree with Lisa that no one shoudl go to the other say that their theology is wrong.  But in regards to Judaism and Christianity, it is best to articulate that based on the locked thread, what some of us Jews are trying to do is give reasons why Jews don't believe in Jesus Christ..not that there is anything wrong with anyone else who does believe in him. 

Like I always say, "If it works for you, go with it!"
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

ftf

Re: re: the locked thread
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 01:25:37 PM »
If a reason is good enough to stop you believing something it should be good enough to stop someone else from believing it...

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 02:00:45 PM »
If a reason is good enough to stop you believing something it should be good enough to stop someone else from believing it...

but something as deep rooted as Christianity and Judaism is not likely to cause anyone to stop believing in anything or begin believing in something else...how come it has remained like this for 2000 years or so?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 02:42:12 PM »
We are all different people with varying life experiences.  So I don't know how accurate it would be to say that what causes one person to believe x,y and z will cause another person to believe it as well. 

The topic of why Jews don't believe in Jesus Christ is a loaded one, which could be the subject of an entire forum or web site.  I recommend a book called "The History of the Jews" by Paul Johnson which devoted several chapters to just that.  I have just started the book.  But what I will say again is that we should be focusing on things we agree about rather than our disagreements.  Besides I don't want to keep being a party pooper here. 

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 12:05:58 AM »
I did not like that thread arguing about Christianity and Judaism. It is not the purpose of this forum. Using arguments we are not going to achieve anything.
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 09:39:41 AM »
Thank you Christian Zionist.  Neither did I, which was why I locked it. 

ftf

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 09:41:41 AM »
A great many things are achieved through arguing...