Author Topic: Few question about things written in Tanakh  (Read 1758 times)

Offline Zenith

• Full JTFer
Few question about things written in Tanakh
« on: May 14, 2010, 06:38:49 AM »
I wrote something in a post called “Should the Quran be banned? ”, there was something that deviated from the initial subject (and I did not receive answers), but the questions are fit for this group.
Because I receieved the link to Tanakh, now there should be no problem with how the verses and chapters are numbered.

The questions are these:

1.   How do you understand Deuteronomy 13:7-19?
It’s about foreign gods. So, by the Torah, if a jew converts to hinduism or catholicism, and says to others “I found the truth, it is this!”, should he be killed? Or this is a different thing?
2.   My question was
I have a question: what is the punishment of a man who sleeps with a woman (fornication, not adultery)? why should the woman be killed while the man - as far as I know - is not killed?
I received the answer:
Quote from: muman613
Regarding the punishment for Adultery... Both the man and the woman are stoned to death..
However, it seems that Exodus 22:15-16 says a different thing... so, am I missing or missunderstanding something?
3.   1 Chronicles 20.3 Why did they do that? (if I understand well, they brought them out to torture them – isn’t that sadistic?). Some commentaries would be welcomed.

thanks in advance.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Few question about things written in Tanakh
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 12:33:41 PM »
I will attempt to answer these questions for you after Shabbat...

But basically anyone who comes to us and claims that Hashem lied and has 'changed his mind' about the nature of Jews and Torah is basically a liar and should be stoned to death, A Jew who has questions is encouraged to seek the truth. But the Torah is the truth. There is no way that G-d can have a physical body... Thus the teachings of Christianity which claim that their savior was G-d on Earth must be false... So too are the teachings of many religions which confer power which is only Hashems upon his creations.

Anyone who leads a Jew astray to worship false G-ds is guilty of one of the cardinal sins of Judaism and thusly will be cut off from the Jewish people.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Zenith

• Full JTFer
Re: Few question about things written in Tanakh
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 08:24:52 PM »
I will wait until that Sabbath ends.
Unless you have forgotten about this post.