Author Topic: Which books written by Rabbi Kahane would you recomend starting with?  (Read 1368 times)

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
My birthday comes up next month.  My friends and family want to know what I would value most.  I'd like a book or two from Rabbi Kahane!

These sites seem to have a variety of books available.

http://www.kahanebooks.com/

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Rabbi+Kahane&x=0&y=0

I'm interested in reading, "The Story of the Jewish Defense League".  I like hearing about the JDL when it was a real force to contend with.  Has anyone read this one?

From those who have read these books, which most greatly benefits a Jewish soul from reading, or which is most crucial in this day an age?

Thanks!
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
"They Must Go" and "Uncomfortable Questions for Comfortable Jews" are the two best works, in my opinion.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
There is not a single book of Meir Kahane that is not a great book. He was not only a great man but also an outstanding writer and thinker.

It is not easy to single out one book as the most suitable one to start a journey into Kahane's works, but I would vote for "Our Challenge". This is a book about Jewish destiny, about the Chosen Land and the Chosen People, about the struggle for the minds and souls of our confused youth, who know so little about themselves and begin to despise themselves as a consequence, about the need for roots and direction in this life.

Alternatively, it is also excellent to start with "Uncomfortable Questions for Comfortable Jews". It deals more with the political situation of Israel than "Our Challenge" but, as always with Kahane, that question is essentially linked with the internal struggle of the Jews, their relation with their identity and heritage, the way they suffer from abnormal feelings of guilt and lack of self-confidence after 2000 years of exile.

"Never Again" is particularly concerned with the moral bankruptcy of the Jewish establishment, the loss of Jewish identity and the need to restore Jewish pride, love of the Jew for the Jew.

"They Must Go" is focused on the recent history of Israel and the challenges it faces, the potential contradiction between the notion of a Jewish state and that of a democracy in the Western sense.

"Listen World Listen Jew" is an impassioned call for the Jewish people to return to their roots through a broad review of history and Zionist themes.

"Israel : Revolution or Referendum ?" deals with the political system of Israel and how to bring about much needed changes.

"Why be Jewish" is focused on the question of what makes young Jews turn away from judaism and issues associated with assimilation in the Galut, such as intermarriage.

"Time To Go Home" deals with the deteriorating situation in the US in the 1970s.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Also, the book written by Meir Kahane's wife, Libby Kahane, about her husband, is very interesting and educational : "Rabbi Meir Kahane - His Life and Thought".
For the moment, she has written volume 1, covering the period 1932 - 1975 (761 pages !). I hope she can find the time to write volume 2.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮

You can download them. They're out of print.
I've read "they must go" and "unconfortable jews"
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Never Again!

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
"The Jewish Idea", "Perush Ha'Maccabi" and "The Story of the JDL".

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
Thanks guys.  :)
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein