Author Topic: Brainstorm, what does everybody think about this Ask JTF suggestion....  (Read 4530 times)

Allen-T

I just had this idea. Chaim should film a complete Ask JTF, one where we all prepare really good questions in advance. I think this could be good promotion for the website. I changed [again] my latest question to Chaim to a question about this instead. I hope he goes for it!! I can make numerous 10 minute videos featuring a couple of questions each. 
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 05:37:17 PM by Allen-T »

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
sounds great
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Allen-T, I really like this idea.. A lot.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Great idea Allen-T!

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
YES.  This would surely increase our size as a movement.

Allen-T

But Chaim couldn't do a complete show on video because it takes up too much memory and it would take forever to compress the file to make it smaller for download.

Isn't there someway to shoot the footage and put it directly on a DVD which I can compress later?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
How would we filter out junk questions like the ones Hidden Author and Daniel ask?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
And Tony! ;D

Yes, very true, but as I've said before he doesn't bother me nearly as much as they do because he doesn't diss Chaim and his questions are often funny in their ridiculousness.  ;D

That is why I omitted him from my list above--not that I think his questions are great or worth taking the time to answer on a special video show.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
A video of the ask jtf would be pretty neat..but consider the fact that a lot of the ask jtf's are more than 2 hours long..and that basically means 6 parts or so for youtube.

now, if Chaim were to choose specific questions so that it can be shortened to one hour or less, then it might mean he would have to do one ask jtf radio show to answer everyone else's questions..

Unless...you film him answering all the questions and someone editing the video so that it cuts down to 30-60 minutes.

Sounds complicated..so waht's the point of filming chaim answering our questions?  Pretend you are listening to the radio :)
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Allen-T

How would we filter out junk questions like the ones Hidden Author and Daniel ask?

I would ultimately edit the 3 hours into 10 minute segments for YT. Stupid questions can be cut.

ftf

But tony's questions are always funny.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
And irrelevant.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member

I would ultimately edit the 3 hours into 10 minute segments for YT. Stupid questions can be cut.

Rather than say one would cut out stupid questions, how about choosing the top 10 questions?  Because I dont' think any of my questions are stupid..and if it gets cut then I'll think I ask stupid questions..and the same goes for anyone else.  Better just pick the top 10 or top 20 or top whatever questions relevant to jtf's views and Judaism.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Allen-T

Rather than say one would cut out stupid questions, how about choosing the top 10 questions?  Because I dont' think any of my questions are stupid..and if it gets cut then I'll think I ask stupid questions..and the same goes for anyone else.  Better just pick the top 10 or top 20 or top whatever questions relevant to jtf's views and Judaism.

Let me rephrase that, cut out questions by repetetive homo obsessed cranks, and this sort of thing. Cut out questions that are clearly asked to be a mockery. Unless Chaim's response is really funny. But there were a few times when Tonycali asked his same question over and over that it was just tedious to listen to Chaim's response.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member

Let me rephrase that, cut out questions by repetetive homo obsessed cranks, and this sort of thing. Cut out questions that are clearly asked to be a mockery. Unless Chaim's response is really funny. But there were a few times when Tonycali asked his same question over and over that it was just tedious to listen to Chaim's response.

but that is like 2 or 3 questions out of 30 that are like that.  All I'm saying is that maybe the top 10-20 questions be chosen so not to offend or embarrass anyone on this forum trying NOT to be stupid.

Allen-T

Let's see what Chaim says. It's just that since it's such a popular part of JTF, having some videos of Q&A for YT might be good promotion for the site. I am open to any/all suggestions about details. 

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
Excellent idea! Two thumbs up for that one!

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
Love your idea! Promotional DVDs would be nice as well.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot