Author Topic: Another One for the S.H.I.T. List  (Read 596 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Another One for the S.H.I.T. List
« on: June 28, 2010, 01:47:44 PM »
This story is very sad...

It appears a wayward Jew who supports the badly named "New Israel Fund" is attempting to cause Rabbis to give up their religious standards in an attempt for political power. They will be forced to eat non-Kosher food at a restaurant which violates Shabbat...

http://israelmatzav.blogspot.com/2010/06/new-israel-fund-to-take-rabbis-to.html#links

You can't get much more non-Kosher than the New Israel Fund.

"special 1-day Study Tour on Sunday, July 18, for rabbis and rabbinical students spending time in Israel. Please forward this email to a rabbi you know. This is a unique opportunity to connect rabbis with NIF so that they can help educate their congregations and communities about the challenges of promoting social justice in Israel. The program will explore issues including Jewish-Arab equality, religious pluralism, and the threats facing Israeli democracy today. It is our hope that participants will use this experience to energize their congregations and peers. The day will include breakfast with Avrum Burg."

Burg is a former Knesset speaker who now lives in Paris. In an infamous interview with Ha’aretz’s Avi Shavit last year, Burg admitted that he is no longer a Zionist and claims that Israeli “fascism” is pervasive and comparable to Germany prior to World War II. He has taken French citizenship (he brags about voting against Nicholas Sarkozy: “Sarkozy is in my eyes a threat to world peace. That is why I went to vote against him”), seeks to amend Israel's Law of Return, and encourages all Israelis to obtain foreign passports.

Neither does the email tell the "Rabbis" that they will be taken by NIF to a non-kosher restaurant in Jaffa which is open on Shabbat and mixes milk and meat on the menu.

http://www.yafabook.co.il/?view=idx

http://www.yafabook.co.il/?view=pages&id=141

And it's the Nine Days, a time when religious Jews (Burg used to be one and went to one of Jerusalem's best known yeshiva high schools) don't eat meat at all.

Burg's father must be rolling over in his grave.

On the other hand, can you think of a better night for people to plan the destruction of the State of Israel than the night before Tisha b'Av?

Shame on these Jews who forget their heritage and surrender their Olam Haba... They will join Korach in the lowest levels of gehennom.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Another One for the S.H.I.T. List
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 01:49:22 PM »
No real Rabbi would attend
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 08:12:05 PM »
Even if it was the most critically acclaimed Kosher restaurant these Rabbis should not go.  Who wants to listen to some auto-antisemitic loser whine and complain about Israel.  Double whammy that Avrum Hitlerburg wants them to eat non-Kashrut cuisine.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 08:16:38 PM »
The list has him!

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/3512

Avraham Burg: Zionist Nightmare
by Naomi Ragen
Follow Israel opinion on Twitter and Facebook .

Not content to have been wrong, and to have the Israeli public vote his party out of power, he is now determined to convince the world that an Israel that rejects him is an Israel that is "doomed."
Avraham Burg, a Knesset member from the Labor Party, has long been one of my least favorite people. As a rabid supporter of "let's give the Arabs what they want, it will bring peace" crowd, even as Israelis were dying in the streets because of their generosity, he has never changed his tune. I haven't bothered much with him, because Labor party members in general are so irrelevant since the resounding and disastrous failure of their entire "peace" initiative. But now, Mr. Burg is turning up the volume.

Not content to have been wrong, and to have the Israeli public vote his party out of power, he is now determined to convince the world that an Israel that rejects him is an Israel that is "doomed."

On March 28, 2004, he told the world this remarkable news in an article entitled "The Zionist Dream is Doomed", published in London's The Telegraph.

This is what he said: "The Zionist revolution has always rested on two pillars: a just path and an ethical leadership. Neither of these is operative any longer. The Israeli nation today," he pontificates, with chutzpah that is mind boggling, "rests on a scaffolding of corruption, and on foundations of oppression and injustice."

He calls for Diaspora Jews to "speak out" before it's too late."

He claims that "opposition," does not exist to Mr.Sharon. Everyone has "fallen silent because there is nothing left to say."

Funny, sitting here in Israel, where members of the Labor party haven't shut up since Sharon was elected (including, and most importantly, Mr. Burg himself) I'm wondering how come I missed that; the silence.

Reluctantly, he admits Israel isn't all bad: "Yes, we have revived the Hebrew language, created a marvelous theatre and a strong currency."

Theatre and money, huh? Well, Mr. Burg, what about the fact that Israel has also taken in several million Jews that came out of the camps, or who were thrown out of Arab lands. The fact that we've created a lively democracy amid a desert of dictatorships? That we've educated our children to be proud of who they are and where they come from?

"It turns out that the 2,000 year old struggle for Jewish survival comes down to a state of settlements, run by an amoral clique of corrupt lawbreakers."

Of course, Mr. Burg doesn't count himself among that clique. Of course, no one in the Labor party ever encouraged Jews to settle in Judea and Samaria. Of course, there was never a Labor politician who took bribes or was involved in illegal funding ... And that Mr. Burg's own party threw out his own election victory in their primaries because it wasn't kosher... Well, that can't count. The whole country is now corrupt and not worth saving until Mr. Burg and his friends get back into power.

"It is very comfortable to be a Zionist in the West Bank settlements like Beit El and Ofra. You can gaze through the bougainvilleas and geraniums and not see the occupation... it is hard to comprehend the humiliating experience of the despised Arab who must creep along for hours along the pocked, blockaded road..."

I happen to live in a place that is part of Jerusalem, not far from Mr. Burg's sister and her family. I also have geranium boxes, but I see very clearly the Arab settlement of Beit Iksa in my backyard, as does Mr. Burg's sister, and as I am sure Mr. Burg does too, wherever he lives in Israel. Because we Jews can live side by side with Arabs. Indeed, after the Six Day War, Moshe Dayan begged the Arabs of Beit Iksa to return to their homes, and they did. Why is it that we in Ramot have been living in peace with the Arabs of Beit Iksa? Because they were never given over to the Palestinian Authority, and never given the illusion that we Jews were going to just up and leave our homes and disappear, which is what Mr. Burg would now have us believe (after everything we've been through!) is the only solution to the problem of co-existence between Arab and Jew in this region.

"Remove all the settlements and then create a recognized international border," is Mr. Burg's solution, to take the place of a "false vision of barbed wire and suicide bombers."

How convenient. Let's forget that the lack of barbed wire and the race to turn over 90% of the West Bank to Yasser Arafat resulted in the suicide bombers increasing their activity and their success rate. Let's forget that no border will be recognized by Hamas and Fatah, and the Palestinian people themselves, who have never given up their hope to destroy Israel and push her people into the sea. Let's forget that Mr. Burg's other wonderful plan to solve Israel's problems with the Palestinians resulted in thousands injured and a thousand dead.

Let's allow Mr. Burg to rant and rave and defame the little country that has so bravely defied and survived her sickeningly stupid, or worse, politicians like Mr. Burg.

"Israel's friends abroad, Jewish and non-Jewish alike, presidents and prime ministers... must reach out and help Israel navigate toward our national destiny as a light unto the nations..." Burg concludes.

Yes, we must ask our good friends all over the world, Presidents and Prime Ministers. He doesn't say what country these friends in high office are from. It must be those who have been so appalled at the killing of Israeli children, so devastated at the death of young Jewish brides and their fathers, so outspoken in their condemnation of the Palestinian's education of their children to be mass murderers... These friends will hold Israel's hand and give her moral guidance, leading her back to Mr. Burg and his Labor party cohorts, who would like nothing more than another stab at telling the rest of us - that is, those who are still alive after surviving their last such attempt - how to be good people.

He's right about one thing. With people like himself in the Knesset going around the world defaming their own country and their own people, the Zionist dream is doomed.

So, all you real friends of Israel, why don't we make sure to get him out of power before it's too late?
Nisan 9, 5764 / 31 March 04
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 08:00:45 AM »
In the days ahead both Christians and Jews will be faced with people that will betray them.  Stand Strong against these forces!