Author Topic: Tiny shard bears oldest script found in Jerusalem  (Read 423 times)

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
Tiny shard bears oldest script found in Jerusalem
« on: July 13, 2010, 07:12:03 AM »
http://www.newstimes.com/news/article/Tiny-shard-bears-oldest-script-found-in-Jerusalem-573653.php

I saw this in my local paper online this morning, and made a comment that said, "Israel belongs to the Jews, the Fakestinians need to get out NOW" and you watch, I bet before noon comes, the paper will take it off. They are always removing my comments. Anyway, this article is even more reason for Israel to be ONLY Israel, in my opinion!

JERUSALEM (AP) — Archaeologists say a newly discovered clay fragment from the 14th century B.C. is the oldest example of writing ever found in antiquity-rich Jerusalem.

Dig director Eilat Mazar of Hebrew University says the 2-centimeter (0.8-inch) long fragment bears an ancient form of writing known as Akkadian wedge script.

The fragment includes a partial text including the words "you," ''them," and "later."

It predates the next-oldest example of writing found in Jerusalem by 600 years, and dates roughly four centuries before the Bible says King David ruled a Jewish kingdom from the city.

Mazar said Monday that the fragment likely came from a royal court and suggested more could be found in the most ancient part of Jerusalem, located in the city's predominantly Palestinian eastern sector.
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Tiny shard bears oldest script found in Jerusalem
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 07:52:45 AM »
Re:  "The fragment includes a partial text including the words "you," ''them," and "later."

The renowned Egyptologist, Professor Schkidlipps, has just successfully decoded and translated this rare Akkadian script on the fragment!

The complete translation reads as follows:

YOU suck, and the same goes for THEM.  LATER!     

;D

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
Re: Tiny shard bears oldest script found in Jerusalem
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 08:02:45 AM »
Re:  "The fragment includes a partial text including the words "you," ''them," and "later."

The renowned Egyptologist, Professor Schkidlipps, has just successfully decoded and translated this rare Akkadian script on the fragment!

The complete translation reads as follows:

YOU suck, and the same goes for THEM.  LATER!     

;D

LOL! I love it Massuh!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane