Author Topic: Jew haters claim we didn't invent the computer, is this enough proof for them?  (Read 8944 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
This is my first computer IBM AT 5170 PC custom my dad built in 1988. (you can't see my face so the pictures fine)

I used to play all kinds of games on there and had internet and everything. Machine sold for about $5,000 dollars (that would be about $10,000 in todays world)

It had DOS 3.0

Intel 80286 8 mhz processor (that was fast for it's time)

10 MB harddrive (huge harddrive at the time)

and 16 MB of RAM (most machines had about 256 kb of RAM in the 80's)

i had DOS installed but I also had Windows 2.1 which could be accessed from the DOS menu, I never used it though, Windows was really crappy at the time

this is what windows 2.1 looked like for those of you curious.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 06:33:14 PM by White Israelite »

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
I really enjoyed a lot of Sierra games. :)
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
this is a  great thread with great info as well

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
That's cool you have those old computers Muman, and also cool they still work! How would you ever get replacement parts for a computer that old though if it stopped working?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
That's cool you have those old computers Muman, and also cool they still work! How would you ever get replacement parts for a computer that old though if it stopped working?

This is why I have several of each model... I have 4 Apple ][s, 3 C-128, 2 C-64, 1 Amiga, 1 486 machine...

The other nice thing about old computers is that most of them used ICs which were commonly available. Back in the 80s I used to build my own machines from scratch. This was called Homebrew computing...

In those days the best magazine was BYTE magazine which had many interesting projects for Homebrew computer enthusiasts...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte_magazine
Byte magazine was an influential microcomputer magazine in the late 1970s and throughout the 1980s, because of its wide-ranging editorial coverage. Whereas many magazines from the mid-1980s had been dedicated to the MS-DOS (PC) platform or the Mac, mostly from a business user's perspective, Byte covered developments in the entire field of "small computers and software", and sometimes included in-depth features on other computing fields as well, such as supercomputers and high-reliability computing.

Byte started in 1975, shortly after the first personal computers appeared as kits advertised in the back of electronics magazines. Byte was published monthly, with a yearly subscription price of $10.

The early years

Byte was able to attract advertising and articles from many well-knowns, soon-to-be-well-knowns, and ultimately-to-be-forgottens in the growing microcomputer hobby. Articles in the first issue (September, 1975) included Which Microprocessor For You? by Hal Chamberlin, Write Your Own Assembler by Dan Fylstra and Serial Interface by Don Lancaster. Advertisements from Godbout, MITS, Processor Technology, SCELBI, and Sphere appear, among others.

Early articles in Byte were do-it-yourself electronic or software projects to improve small computers. A continuing feature was Ciarcia's Circuit Cellar, a column in which electronic engineer Steve Ciarcia described small projects to modify or attach to a computer (later spun off to become the magazine Circuit Cellar, focusing on embedded computer applications). Significant articles in this period included the Kansas City standard for data storage on audio tape, insertion of disk drives into S-100 computers, publication of source code for various computer languages (Tiny C, BASIC, assemblers), and breathless coverage of the first microcomputer operating system, CP/M. Byte ran Microsoft's first advertisement, as "Micro-Soft", to sell a BASIC interpreter for 8080-based computers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homebrew_Computer_Club
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
I used to subscribe to Byte.

I remember trying to build a z80 when I was 17.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
Wow, this thread is bringing back memories.

Some of my favorite games from way back:

King's Quest

MS Flight Simulator

Hardball

Wizardry

And then there was the text-based Star Trek game that I wrote. Wish I still had a copy of it. Come to think of it, if I look hard enough I can probably find a 5 1/4" floppy disk in the bottom of a buried box somewhere in my house that has a copy.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
Those games were fun now you show them to youngesters they just laugh