Author Topic: JTF should make a protest already  (Read 3579 times)

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
JTF should make a protest already
« on: February 23, 2007, 01:19:46 AM »
Seriously, JTF needs to make demonstrations and protests to gain support and recognition.  That's what I say.
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Re: JTF should make a protest already
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 04:42:28 PM »
As long as its well organized and effective I'm all for it!
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Hajar

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 05:57:04 PM »
I was waiting for someone to suggest that :)

However it wouldn't make a very big impact if only a dozen people were
demonstarting. Everbody should get involved! It will definitly spark something......

ftfl

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 05:29:33 PM »
We don't want JTF to become a repeat of that organisation Chaim laughs at, forgotten what it's called, the one that said it was going to hold a demonstration in Jerusalem with 10000 orthodox Jews, and 10 turned up...

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 08:05:02 PM »
We don't want JTF to become a repeat of that organisation Chaim laughs at, forgotten what it's called, the one that said it was going to hold a demonstration in Jerusalem with 10000 orthodox Jews, and 10 turned up...

So are you saying it is better to not hold anything at all than to face the possibility that only a few will show up?  I think they need to start somewhere so all they have to do is to not exaggerate and brag that thousands will come when only 30 or so will show up.
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 01:22:54 AM »
The only protest that would be worthwhile is if we gathered at the Israeli consulate/embassy in NYC with our Israeli flags and demanded that Chaim be allowed to make Aliyah. The media may take interest in such a story because Chaim is sort of famous. Think about the irony. Chaim freed Soviet Jews and we are protesting to free Chaim!

The whole point of JTF besides funding its activities in Israel is to get Chaim back to Israel. By showing that he has a movement behind him and he has not broken any laws, the Israeli government has no basis to deny him Aliyah.

I believe with perfect faith that the day will come that Chaim is allowed to return to Israel. This day will come sooner than later.

Offline dawntreader

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 11:07:40 PM »
Wow...who is Hajar. She's beautiful...that is...if that's her picture she's using as an avatar.
Victory is a thing of the will. -General Ferdinand Foch

Our peace must be a peace of victors, not of the vanquished.
- General Ferdinand Foch

We have met the enemy and they are ours.
- Oliver Hazard Perry

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 04:39:30 AM »
The only protest that would be worthwhile is if we gathered at the Israeli consulate/embassy in NYC with our Israeli flags and demanded that Chaim be allowed to make Aliyah. The media may take interest in such a story because Chaim is sort of famous. Think about the irony. Chaim freed Soviet Jews and we are protesting to free Chaim!

The whole point of JTF besides funding its activities in Israel is to get Chaim back to Israel. By showing that he has a movement behind him and he has not broken any laws, the Israeli government has no basis to deny him Aliyah.

I believe with perfect faith that the day will come that Chaim is allowed to return to Israel. This day will come sooner than later.

Did he used to live in Israel?  Tell us more.  How did he free Soviet Jews?  Do Jews from the former Soviet Union appreciate that they were freed?  Some Jews who had parents or grandparents who lived in the Soviet Union, still speak Russian to this day.  Why are they so loyal to Russia? 

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2007, 12:38:05 PM »
I think we should infiltrate anti-Israel rallies and set off a stinkbomb in the middle of the crowd and make them disperse.

Offline Gam Bashan veGam Gilad

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Senior JTFer
  • Avi Farhan – One Day, Brothers, We Shall Be Back!
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2007, 01:06:58 PM »
Nice ideas.
Sounds to me like JDL is uprising again...

Scriabin

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2007, 01:16:14 PM »
Chaim used to speak of blocking traffic, shutting down the subway system, etc.

He doesn't bring this up anymore.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 08:39:52 PM »
JTF supporters in Israel and those with similar views there need to protest and assert that now is the time for a change in leadership and a leader who is MORE CONSERVATIVE than the Likud party. 

Ehud Barak thinks he can convince people that since they are unhappy with Olmert's leadership and the Kadima party, they should support the more liberal Likud party.  This is wrong and it's crazy, backwards thinking. 

The REAL CONSERVATIVES in Israel need to assert how they are the ones who understand the true threats that Israel faces and that they will offer real leadership for Israel.