Author Topic: Concubine - Pilegesh  (Read 9618 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Concubine - Pilegesh
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2010, 02:17:31 PM »
I'm specifically regarding to this day of pilgesh. But if you want my opinion of back then, I'll give it to you even if it is unpopular to the observant letter of the law Jews here.

Any of you guys married?  Because I am. It's hard enough to give attention, love, take care of, and etc one wife. Imagine if it were 2 or more. Too much for true good husband to handle. And imagine the jealousy that would take place. Ever hear women gossip about each other?  If it were up to them they would be at each others' throats and then at your's.

You might say "abraham avinu did it. Jacob did it."  Look how far it took them. Each had a favorite wife they loved more. Each had favorite children they loved more. Each one had a wife that got jealous. And the child or children from the nonfavorite wife got into trouble everytime.

Oh but its permitted. If so, its unwise. Very unwise, even for a king. And sure, concubines. A bunch of girls with no self esteem leeching to a rich powerful guy. Sounds familiar?  Ever heard gold diggers?  Think there is any love there?  Concubines are another group of pointless women. Just users and the men who have them are the usees. A king and a prophet are supposed to be higher than that. I highly doubt a king of tomorrow a righteous king of tomorrow will do this. And really should be discouraged to do it as it would be unwise.

Dan,

Here is an issue which you have not addressed... What if a man marries a woman, tries to have children with her, but she is infertile... This is exactly the situation Abraham found himself in with Sarah, who was physically unable to have a child {until she miraculously had one at age 90}....

In this situation I think it is a great idea to allow the man to take a concubine... In order to pass on the Jewish blood to the next generation a man should find a Jewish concubine and have a Jewish child.   

Yeah, great idea if his wife allows it.  But in this day and age, what are the chances of that?   I agree however that in principle it should not be "forbidden," but nowadays wives have different expectations in marriage than they did in the past, and men need to be respectful of this.   But why in this case resort to a concubine, rather than a 2nd wife?   A second wife should be permitted to such a man if his first wife is in favor of it.    No self-respecting woman today is going to make herself someone's concubine, but there is a chance that a lonely woman who really wants to have kids and a family will become someone's "second wife."

Still, good luck getting the first wife on board with that, but hey anything's possible.

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2010, 02:49:34 PM »
How long is Wonga going to continue trolling here?

And when is a forum rule going to be made that Avatars of comely gentile women actresses (let alone Jewish ones!), like Fan's, not be allowed.

After all, this is the JEWISH Task Force forum!

Why should we be obliged to look at two images, noch, of his favorite blue-eyed shiktza every time he posts? With all due respect to the Xtian Serbs to whose blog he links, is Fan even a Jew himself?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 03:05:35 PM by wonga66 »

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2010, 02:52:08 PM »
I get it now!

According to my understanding of this Parasha I need but bail Lindsey out of jail, bring her home to my place, and sit her down by the front door.

Eventually all her carrying on will convince me to stop chasing after Hollywood starlets!@

I'm beginning to enjoy Torah interpretation!

;D

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2010, 02:55:14 PM »
I get it now!

According to my understanding of this Parasha I need but bail Lindsey out of jail, bring her home to my place, and sit her down by the front door.

Eventually all her carrying on will convince me to stop chasing after Hollywood starlets!@

I'm beginning to enjoy Torah interpretation!

;D

Sounds like a Gnarly Yetzer-Hara you are facing...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2010, 02:55:29 PM »
Ron Juan:  "I thought women love being cheated "

Not exactly...

They only like "Cheatin' songs" sung by Nashville Country artists wearing black cowboy hats.

:o

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2010, 02:59:19 PM »
How long is Wonga going to continue trolling here?

And when is a forum rule going to be made that Avatars of comely gentile women actresses (let alone Jewish ones!), like Fan's, not be allowed.

Wonga's got a point

Dr. Brennan Fan put this picture instead

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2010, 03:37:24 PM »
I don't know whether she is Gentile or Jewish. She has never spoken on the matter.