Author Topic: Corona  (Read 10274 times)

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
Re: Corona
« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2010, 01:56:14 PM »
i wait for Robert to defend that ;D

I stopped drinking alcohol when I was 15-16 to oppose the 'hip'-culture. I had a 'Bellevue Kriek' beer last week to see the effect it has on my brain and I don't like it. I think wine makes the brain a lot less numb so maybe once a year I might try a glass of wine.

I don't have any chauvinistic feelings about heineken.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #101 on: August 02, 2010, 04:24:40 PM »
Never one to disappoint, I will repost what Chabad says about the Jewish view of alcohol consumption.

Heheh... You have to admit Chabad is a little unique in their views, practices with alcohol!

They have a "farbreingen" culture which is not necessarily practiced by most groups of Jews.

What was written in that article is the basic truth, that alcohol in moderation is OK. Wine is a part of the Jewish ritual of Kiddush and in the times of the Temples was used in the Wine libation. It is also true that the negative aspects of alcohol include the story of Noachs downfall and the story of Aarons sons Nadab and Abihu.

It is true that Chabad does like alcohol. But even so they do not encourage drunkenness.

You know, there could be a physical/racial element to this. Mediterranean peoples, like Jews, Italians, etc., are statistically less likely to become alcoholics. Something to do with the chemistry of the brain, which is different for different groups of people. This might be why Jews have a rather relaxed attitude toward drinking alcohol. But for Northern European people, especially those with Ugro-Finnish admixture and Slavs, it takes less exposure to alcohol to get addicted. This might be one of the reasons why there is, in general, more opposition to drinking among Protestants. (These are, of course, great generalities).

Offline FreedomDefender

• JTFer in Exile
  • Senior JTFer
  • Hello kids. Say no to 3rd reich
« Reply #102 on: August 02, 2010, 04:46:35 PM »
Vodka is manufactured by Russian Nazis.

A difficult case (

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #103 on: August 02, 2010, 04:53:13 PM »
Boy, this is a strange thread.  I think drinking in moderation is fine, especially red wine for health benefits.  That being said, Corona and Heineken are great, but I LOVE DARK BEER!!!!   Guinness is my fav.  I also like Samuel Adams.