Author Topic: the Jewish Burka phenomenon "the Frumka"  (Read 5430 times)

Offline Yaacov Ben Yehuda

• Senior JTFer
the Jewish Burka phenomenon "the Frumka"
« on: August 05, 2010, 04:59:12 PM »
SHOCKING NEW TREND IN ISRAEL:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: the Jewish Burka phenomenon "the Frumka"
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 05:03:45 PM »
Just today in the news there is a ruling that the Jewish Burqa will be banned in Israel...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/138960

Hareidi Rabbinic Council Plans to Ban the 'Jewish Burka'
Av 25, 5770, 05 August 10 12:52
by Chana Ya'ar

(Israelnationalnews.com) One of the most stringent hareidi-religious rabbinic councils in the State of Israel is preparing to ban the burka, or full-body covering and face veil. The garment is being worn by a tiny group of approximately 100 Jewish women who live in the Jerusalem-area city of Beit Shemesh.

Similar bans against the burka have been issued in countries across Europe, where millions of Muslims reside. There, the practice has become a point of contention around the issue of a woman’s right to choose her own attire, and the issue of public safety -- society’s right to know who is entering its public spaces.

But public security is not the issue being discussed by the rabbinical scholars of Israel’s Eida Chareidis rabbinic organization.

The Eida Chareidis is considered to be the “final authority” by some of the most extreme Orthodox sects in Israel, including the anti-Zionist Neturei Karta. A recent report in The Jewish Chronicle quoted Rabbi Shlomo Pappenheim, a senior member of the council, as saying the organization would soon issue a formal statement banning Jewish women from wearing the garment. Pappenheim told the publication that “these things were never allowed or demanded.”

The French National Assembly voted last month to approve a bill that prohibits anyone from wearing an item of clothing that would hide his or her face in open spaces – defined to include essentially any public place. The bill passed by a near-unanimous vote, 335 to 1. Belgium recently passed a similar measure, and Italy is said to be considering a ban on the burka as well.

Even Arab nations in the Middle East are beginning to reconsider their blanket support for Islamic standards: Syria has refused to allow women to wear the burka on university campuses.

In Israel, meanwhile, Kadima MK Marina Solodkin has also proposed a ban on the burka, citing security concerns. Solodkin said last month in an interview with the Hebrew-language newspaper Ma’ariv that would-be terrorists are more easily able to hide their identity behind the black cloth of the veil. She added that the idea of having to cover one’s face also harms the ethics of progressive, modern society.

This article indicates that this is not a 'trend' but the doings of a small sect of women in Jerusalem... Because it is against Jewish belief that a woman should cover her face {for many reasons according to Halacha}... The only thing a woman should cover is her hair, which can be covered with a wig...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 06:07:18 PM »
Why ban something which is the perfect answer to Elena Kagan?

Offline Yaacov Ben Yehuda

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 01:17:38 PM »

lol..you make a good point

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 02:08:15 PM »

Because ugly women can also detonate a suicide belt...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 02:10:18 PM »
Frumka  :o What a nonsense. What idiot created this term?
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 02:28:52 PM »

It is probably derived from the word Frum which means a Religiously Observant Jew...

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 05:05:03 PM »
What horrible insanity.   I would say it's ridiculous, but it's too serious a threat.   This stems from a much larger problem.   People, the masses, are starving for spirituality, and many religious Jews mistakenly think that real spirituality is defined by piling stringency upon stringency and that the more stringent one gets above and beyond Jewish law, the more spiritual, and the more "authentic."   We see the ugly fruits of this disease with this burka garbage.

Offline FreedomDefender

• JTFer in Exile
  • Senior JTFer
  • Hello kids. Say no to 3rd reich
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 05:14:33 PM »
I got another question. Who create this idea in the first place? Some sick idiot named muhhamed who was frighten by woman look maybe. ;D

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 08:47:31 PM »
   I remember Chaim explaining his disgust for the term ultra-orthodox. He gave such a great explanation. Since I don't want to put words in his mouth and can't explain it as well, I'll ask him to repeat the reasoning again.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline FreedomDefender

• JTFer in Exile
  • Senior JTFer
  • Hello kids. Say no to 3rd reich
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 11:31:58 AM »
   I remember Chaim explaining his disgust for the term ultra-orthodox. He gave such a great explanation. Since I don't want to put words in his mouth and can't explain it as well, I'll ask him to repeat the reasoning again.
Or you can just show me the link.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 03:26:21 AM »
oh god, if anything, we need to distance ourselves from the muslims, not be more like them.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 03:32:19 AM »
This is not a trend. I spent the last 9 months in Israel and I can tell you from traveling all over the country from the Yeshuvim (Settlements) to the Big cities to Jerusalem. From the Ultra Orthodox to the not so religous I can tell you I never once saw this. Don't believe everything you see on zootube.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 06:16:06 AM »
Ban it now
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 08:49:43 AM »
This is not a trend. I spent the last 9 months in Israel and I can tell you from traveling all over the country from the Yeshuvim (Settlements) to the Big cities to Jerusalem. From the Ultra Orthodox to the not so religous I can tell you I never once saw this. Don't believe everything you see on zootube.

I saw it before.

It's an infamous group of women that basically have a cult with each other.   But this is a symptom of something insidious as I said above.  I'm sure there will be more and similar things like this.    I saw one of these crazy women at the bus stop before.    And a friend of mine has been on the bus with the woman who is the actual burka-cult leader.

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 09:04:56 AM »

I saw it before.

It's an infamous group of women that basically have a cult with each other.   But this is a symptom of something insidious as I said above.  I'm sure there will be more and similar things like this.    I saw one of these crazy women at the bus stop before.    And a friend of mine has been on the bus with the woman who is the actual burka-cult leader.

Maybe one day they will blow themselves up amongst a crowd of muslims.