General Category > Ask Posters Show Threads

Ask Kahanist Liberal

<< < (5/6) > >>

Meerkat:

--- Quote from: Lisa on August 25, 2010, 11:54:09 PM ---Liberal Kahanist, what drew you to JTF?  Have you read any of Rabbi Kahane's books, or seen videos of his speeches?  What aspects of Kahanism do you agree with?  What parts of it do you disagree with?  I'm very curious to know. 

Thanks.

--- End quote ---
i mostly came here to debate, haven't read  kahanes books, but i have seen his speeches on youtube. the main parts of kahanism i agree with is that israel must keep all of the land it has and any future land it conquers by wars other countries provoke, i agree that the arabs must be kept from voting israel out of existence, and we should make sure that israel stays under jewish rule forever. i agree that we should try to get all the jews to live in israel.

i disagree with having israel turn into a religious fundamentalist state.

Spiraling Leopard:

--- Quote from: KahanistLiberal on August 25, 2010, 11:43:29 AM ---...study's show that having gay parents has no direct effect on a child...

--- End quote ---

What studies would that be? This is fag-propaganda by unknown, self-acclaimed wannabe psychologers who think they are scientists.

Rubystars:

--- Quote from: KahanistLiberal on August 26, 2010, 12:30:44 AM ---i disagree with having israel turn into a religious fundamentalist state.

--- End quote ---

Do you agree or disagree with Kahane that Judaism and a Jewish state is not compatible with democracy in Israel? How would you promote it being a Jewish state and yet be against anything done on the basis of religion?

IsraeliGovtAreKapos:
Why be Jewish?

Meerkat:

--- Quote from: Rubystars on August 27, 2010, 07:44:08 AM ---
--- Quote from: KahanistLiberal on August 26, 2010, 12:30:44 AM ---i disagree with having israel turn into a religious fundamentalist state.

--- End quote ---

Do you agree or disagree with Kahane that Judaism and a Jewish state is not compatible with democracy in Israel? How would you promote it being a Jewish state and yet be against anything done on the basis of religion?

--- End quote ---

i do agree that having a jewish state and a democracy in a western sense is unsustainable. i never said that we cant do anything on the basis of religion, i said we should not do anything SOLELY on the basis of religion. i.e. if some religion helps preserve the national identity, we should do some religion, but draw a common sense line on what parts of religion we do incorporate, and what parts we let people voluntarily incorporate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version