Author Topic: Ask Kahanist Liberal  (Read 22081 times)

Offline FreedomFighter08

• Senior JTFer
Re: Ask Kahanist Liberal
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2010, 04:23:44 PM »
i disagree with having israel turn into a religious fundamentalist state.

Absolutely agreed. Israel is the Jewish state, Jewish meaning the Jewish ethnicity, not Judaism the religion.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2010, 11:06:32 PM »
i disagree with having israel turn into a religious fundamentalist state.

Absolutely agreed. Israel is the Jewish state, Jewish meaning the Jewish ethnicity, not Judaism the religion.

i think it means both. with checks and balances on both aspects.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2011, 08:38:47 PM »
Judaism is not a religion where you can take bits and pieces of it and call it Judaism. Judaism is complete and it has withstood the test of time. The Jewish state will exist, it must exist, regardless of whether you want a Jewish state or not. The Jewish people have prayed and it is promised by Hashem himself that he will restore us in our land...

It is somewhat disappointing that someone who calls himself a Kahanist can so easily disconnect himself from his Jewish belief.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14