Poll

When you are waiting for the subway in NYC, where do you usually stand?

in front of the yellow line next to the track
0 (0%)
at the yellow line
1 (11.1%)
right behind it
5 (55.6%)
all the way back against the wall as far away as you can from the yellow line.
3 (33.3%)
right behind someone in front of the yellow line just for kicks.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Bizaarre poll about subway stations  (Read 4723 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Bizaarre poll about subway stations
« on: June 14, 2007, 12:21:12 AM »
it comes down to this: who takes chances with their life when it comes down to waiting for the subway to arrive...

i personally stand as far away from that yellow line with my back against the wall.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Joe Schmo

Re: Bizaarre poll about subway stations
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 01:04:55 AM »
I stand on the line.

Imerica

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 01:14:05 AM »
When I took the El in Chicago, I always stood back-to-the-wall or sat on the concrete or aluminum bench offered there. Never so close I could get clipped.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 01:19:08 AM »
Right behind it
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 01:32:19 AM »
Norman, got that right.  You know how many stories we read about some maniacs pushing people on the track and they get killed either from electric shock or the trains slamming into them.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline JT

• New JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 01:38:16 AM »
As a former NYC cop I've had the misfortune of handling scenes where people have been hit by trains or electrocuted and as you could imagine, it's not a pretty sight. You should NEVER stand near the edge of the platform.

Allen-T

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 05:35:11 AM »
I stand behind the line by at least a couple of feet and stay constantly aware of what's around me because it's a place crawling with evil. My wife drives me nuts because she is always over the line looking down the tunnel.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 09:07:38 AM »
I thought this was going to be about the experiences people have with the schvartzas on the subway. I think schvartzas shoved people onto the tracks in the past.

one also risked his life to save a person earlier this year...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 09:09:24 AM »
I stand behind the line by at least a couple of feet and stay constantly aware of what's around me because it's a place crawling with evil. My wife drives me nuts because she is always over the line looking down the tunnel.

I used to do that...but I don't because what if i'm looking the wrong direction :-\

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 09:22:54 AM »
I stand right next to the yellow line, or even sometimes touching the edge.
I don't really pay attention but that's my usual M.O.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 02:06:25 PM »
Did you guys here about the black man in NYC who risked his life trying to save the Jew who fell on the tracks because of a seizure? The media turned him into a national hero and tried to make it look like all Blacks are selfless.

i dont' think so... nobody said in the media it was a Jew that was saved, but simply somone had a seizure...and no, the it did not make black people look self-less..it just glorified the hero himself to be self-less..it's too bad you look at things that way all the time..i don't know how can live a normal life if I felt there was a conspiracy to everything.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 02:52:12 PM »
I'm not saying he doesn't deserve the attention, but its probably 1,000 times more likely that a Black person will push you to the tracks rather than save you.

based on what study?

Imerica

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 03:14:42 PM »
I'm not saying he doesn't deserve the attention, but its probably 1,000 times more likely that a Black person will push you to the tracks rather than save you.

based on what study?
I don't have a study but from living in Chicago for 20 years of my life, I've seen and heard of more crazy, derranged people pushing innocent passengers, including children onto the tracks, rather than just blacks.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 07:47:54 PM »
Do you want me to be honest with you Danny? I wouldn't attempt to save anyone who fell on subway tracks except my family members. He was a righteous person. The media is evil. I admire your optimism.

Vell, tank yoo.  I do not know vhat I vould doo eef essomebodee fell into dee tehrain tehracks...I hup I vould vant to essave dem.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2007, 07:48:36 PM »
hehe, the poll right now looks like some is raising the middle finger...funny. :laugh:

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 08:08:08 PM »

based on what study?
Who needs a study just turn on the news or read the paper each day!   
However......
If such a study exists or would be done I am sure that the findings would show that the vast majority of that sort of crime would be done by a black. By rights being that  Blacks are only 12% of the population they should be in the minority when it comes to subway crime however that is not the case.
The black man who jumped on to the tracks to save that boy was a great person and not enough good things could be said about that man. That is a person that should have a street named after him not that other evil animal Sonny Carson the city council was trying to give that honor to a few weeks ago here in N.Y.C
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 08:12:56 PM by cjd »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 08:48:23 PM »

based on what study?
However......
If such a study exists or would be done I am sure that the findings would show that the vast majority of that sort of crime would be done by a black. By rights being that  Blacks are only 12% of the population they should be in the minority when it comes to subway crime however that is not the case.
The black man who jumped on to the tracks to save that boy was a great person and not enough good things could be said about that man. That is a person that should have a street named after him not that other evil animal Sonny Carson the city council was trying to give that honor to a few weeks ago here in N.Y.C

AMEN!

Imerica

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 08:59:11 PM »

based on what study?
However......

AMEN!
I second that.